Chapter 7

"Fight for what you believe in, no one else matters."

~~~

I was wondering around the small lake side village looking for supplies before turning to my second in command. It was a pain in the ass wandering around looking for necessary things for my ship, new clothes, food and rum for the crew.

I was always hearing rumors around the small towns' I'd pass by, things about rebels or myself. As captain, it's my duty to make sure everything is well planned before plundering. That stupid organization, The TTC took over a lot of my territory and it pisses off that they decided to push me out of MY area. Who the fuck did they think they were? Taking my land, my money, and all of my attention.

I'll admit I'm quite well off in the subject of money, and women. I've never been one to care for alcohol or the like, but my men loved the shit. It was pointless, to drink so much you'd look like a fool? No thanks, I'm good on that.

I was a busy man, filling out request forms and earning money for the hell of it was entertaining. Unless it was a bogus request, like finding someone's cat. We were pirates for fuck's sake, not the dog pound.

All I wanted was money, and of course to get my home back. I'll be damned if the bastard doesn't let me have my way.

I walked towards the saloon, Evan beside me looking for our idiot of a sailor. He always got himself into trouble. Unlike Evan, he was a jokester and never paid any attention to my rules. He did what he wanted and always got punished in the end for it. I'd beat the kid to a pulp once I'd find him.

"Evan, go on ahead and find the punk would ya?" I said furrowing my brows in irritation; I was sick of his games.

"Of course Captain. Levi must've gone to the bar looking for money again." Evan mumbled with a disappointed sigh before sticking his hands in his pockets, wandering in the direction of the saloon.

Evan was my second in command because he was mature and serious about the job. He made sure everything got done properly before letting people slack.

Levi, despite his serious sounding name, was the complete opposite. He only ever played around and never got anything done. It was never ending and wasn't a surprise when things went wrong. There have been days where I would let him do whatever the hell he wanted because it's not like he'd listen anyway.

I decided to just walk around while waiting on Evan to find Levi but before I got very far; I bumped into a girl who wasn't watching where she was going.

I looked at her closely before she noticed me, she had light blonde curly hair with bright blue eyes. Her hair went down to the curve of her back, and she was wearing a weird looking dress. It's not one I've ever seen before. She was also covered head to toe in clothing, her hands, legs, and arms were covered. Then why the hell wear a dress? I pushed her out of the way with a harsh glare before walking away. It's not like I'll see her again anyway, she's just another stranger on my list.

~~~

After listening to the old lady's information concerning Aaron; I decided to look for a way to the capital. I walked for what seemed like hours constantly on the look out but the only ship was that group of Pirates. 'Like hell, I'm putting those kids on a ship of ruthless pirates!'

I walked over to a side alley to think properly about my situation.

"I need a way to the capital but I need to protect the kids because of their immunity. I can't take that ship it's too dangerous! What the hell can I do?" I said to myself pacing back and forth, fiddling with my fingers in nervousness.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" I heard a man's voice from behind me and jumped in surprise before turning around quickly to see who it was. It was the young man from the bar with blonde hair that winked at me. 'Who is this guy?'

"Um, can I help you with something?" I stammered thinking about a way out of this. I could whip around and run in the opposite direction, or I could catch him off guard and knock him out like Tessa did. But then again I'm not skilled enough to do that and—

"Are you done trying to think of an escape? Because honestly, It's not going to happen sweetheart." He says seriously while walking towards me. I tried to back up only to back into something hard. I don't remember there being a wall there.

"Levi, you need to stop running off. Who's the woman?" A man said behind me and I flinched before turning around. He spoke as if he was speaking to a child.

The man in front of me had dark black hair with a hint of bluish tint with gray eyes, he wore a trench coat that went past his knees with combat boots. His shirt was somewhat exposed from carelessness and it was tan from old use; it was once presumably white. He held a serious face as he examined me head to toe, his gaze tearing me apart. It was slightly intimidating.

"Evan, I overheard some useful information from her though. The captain might be able to find some use for her." The man I soon learned to be Levi, said. Evan the man before me, hardened his eyes scrutinizing my every move.

"What kind of information did you hear Levi?" Evan said seriously, his eyes continuing to scan my presence. I was shaking slightly from the mere presence of this man.

"She has the children who are immune to the poison. Captain can use her with that information alone," Levi said with a knowing smirk and my face paled. 'He overheard me talking? But no one was even here!' I began to panic and was trying to think of a way to escape but these were the strongest well-known pirates out there, I couldn't escape.