Chapter 24

The rain outside was hitting against the wood flooring of the deck, sending loud patting down into the room. I was still tied up to the captains bed as I'd given up trying to free myself. He hasn't left his spot in over two hours, constantly filling out papers and reading documents.

Captain continued this pattern for quite a while and I would continue to observe him in my boredom. So this is what the captain did everyday in his quarters. Filling out forms and reading important files, organizing them into folders and continuing to fill out even more.

I let out a sigh as I tried to get comfortable in the bed although my arms were stuck in an uncomfortable position above my head. How did women find this position pleasing? Its certainly not pleasing in the least.

Its uncomfortable and it degrades our pride as women to be trapped in such a compromising situation.

"Did you finally reach the port, captain?" A deep, serious voice said, breaking me out of my reverie.

"We're nearly there Evan, minutes, no seconds and we'll depart." He spoke seriously merely glancing up while he continued his paperwork.

"If you don't mind me asking sir, why exactly are we stopping here? Its one of the most dangerous cities left standing. You know as well as I all the gangs that flood this area." Evan said seriously as he stepped closer in urgency.

The captain let out a irritated sigh as if he's listened to this too many times, before glaring at him. "Must I always explain things to you? As my first mate you must realize by now, I must retrieve something of great importance from there. Pry it away from the grimy hands of those thieves." He growled at the prospect of it as he slammed his fist down on the desk before turning his gaze on Evan.

"Any other useless questions?" He sneered as he tapped his finger on the desk awaiting Evans' answer.

"No Sir, that's sufficient enough." He mumbled before turning around to leave, his gaze locking on mine for a moment before hardening into a cold sneer.

"Prepare for departure, the captain is expecting you to go as well." He says in a cold, menacing tone. "Also don't let anyone else know about your...condition." He says darkly before slamming the
door shut causing me to flinch.

Why is he acting all cold all of a sudden? We were getting along pretty well before...

"Don't let what Evan said get to you. He's got his own issues that cause him to be that way. He's got two individuals living within him. Its a weird case we've grown accustom to. The real Evan is cold and blood thirsty, pay him no mind." He says darkly before continuing his work like before.

What does he mean by two personalities? Isn't that like multiple personality disorder? His situation seems different though. He's like a completely different person.

The captain abruptly stood from his chair, scrapping it against the wooden floor. I snapped my head in his direction as he walked up to me and grabbed the rope binding my hands.

When the rope loosened, I internally cheered but before I could celebrate; the captain grabbed my wrists into his large hand. Holding them both above my head, he leaned his head towards me. His warm breath fanning my neck, sending a chill down my spine.

My body instinctively reacted to his touch and my back arched towards his body but he didn't seemed surprised by this.

"I'll release you on one condition and I won't repeat myself, understood?" He said his voice husky in my ear. I could only nod mindlessly as he scrapped his nose along the side of my face, his breath warm and minty.

"When we leave, you must not leave my side under any circumstances. Do I make myself clear?" He says darkly, his amber eyes locked on mine. They burn like a fire as he stares at me coldly. For such bright eyes, it only shows ice, he's always so intimidating and cold.

I nod slowly as I watch his expression, his face relaxes for a second but hardens again once he releases me.

I sit up on the bed and rub my wrists uncertainly as I watch his receding back. Who exactly is this man?

"I packed a small bag full of things you will take with you when we leave. Go find Levi and Evan for now and I'll come grab you when we leave." He says coldly while rutting through some things in his desk. I nod slowly before dashing out the room before my freedom was restricted again.

I slowed down when I spotted Evan by the window looking out on the ocean his sword attached at his hip. He looks as confident as ever, also kind of scary. What did the captain say? Something about multiple identities?

Does that mean there are two people in Evan's conscience? I've never met someone like that before, father said he'd dealt with people who had multiple personalities but dealing with two completely different people stuck in one body is strange. How does something like that happen? Well, technically speaking; I shouldn't talk, poison lubricating ones skin isn't exactly normal either.

I watch Evans' back for a moment longer wondering who exactly is standing there right now. Evan or the one inside of him? No one can tell who Evan even is, is he evil or kind? I guess we'll never know...

I was about to pull away when he turned to me and shouted, "Hey woman, come with me! The captain put you under my care, were leaving." He grabbed my arm tightly enough that I could feel the strain on my muscle and pulled me towards the front of the ship. The captain, Levi and a few of his strongest men were standing there.

"I have your bag, let's go." The captain said as he grabbed me by my arm and tugged me along behind him.

Big buildings wrapped in moss and vines surrounded the area in a moist embrace, and already, I could smell the blood in the air.