Chapter 21

*This chapter is entirely in the captain's point of view.*

§

The wood flooring creaked under my boots as I walked towards my quarters. It was becoming sickening trying to butter up the girl for info, she obviously is very closed up on her personal life.

I normally don't have an issue getting Intel from girls as they normally throw themselves at me, completely humiliating themselves.

Doctor Lorèn, huh? He's the cause of this entire problem and he convinces his daughter he was the savior of everything?

What a joke.

He helped the TTC in the first place and his supposed 'Vaccine' made everyone deathly sick. No ones aware of it, he's a slick bastard I'll give him that.

I'm assuming he experimented on his own daughter to test it and it failed causing her to have that, that deadly poison. I'm sure he didn't even apologize for his mistake and even if he did, what did he do to fix the problem? He didn't, he covered her in clothes made of Agorian silk and locked her away.

No wonder she's completely unaware of how the world works. She's way too naive to be protecting the children. They hold far too much value to get killed because of her immaturity.
I let out a breath I'd been holding since the moment she asked me that dumb question. Me teach her? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

I put my hands into my pockets of my pants to ignore the burning sensation that still lingers on my hand. To think it'd actually burn me to that extent. I clearly wasn't expecting that, it probably freaked her out that I knew. Although she's very easy to read, it's not my fault she's an open book.

I continued down the long hall towards my quarters and stopped momentarily to look at the picture on the wall. Levi needs to stop meddling with things. I let out an exhausted sigh, he was becoming meddlesome to deal with.

In the picture frame that once held a photo of flowers, was a grotesque photo of corpses lying in a pool of their own blood.

'Sometimes I wonder if he's mentally stable.' I pondered that to myself as I continued to my quarters, my trench coat hitting against my legs as I walked. I'll have Evan fix that later. I finally reached my room and entered to find the captain of another ship standing in front of my desk.

Great now I have to deal with him?

"How can I help you Captain Will? If you can't see, I'm quite busy these days. I don't have time for your nonsense." I said coldly, narrowing my eyes at him as I sit down on the desk and put my feet up.

I pulled my pack of cigarettes out from my pocket and lit one up before taking a long drag.

"I'll make this brief then," He says in a deep voice that I'm oh so familiar with.

"I need your help getting some supplies to the capital. I heard your negotiating with the CEO of TTC is that correct?" He said with a cold glare before slamming his fist down on the table.

"That's my business, Captain. If you must know, its to regain what is rightfully mine." I said darkly as I took another drag.

"I see, well if that's the case you wouldn't mind dropping this off for me would ya?" He said as he dropped a blade on my desk.

"I think you're misunderstanding something here Captain. I'm not heading to the capital first." I say with disregard to his request before putting my cigarette out in the ashtray beside me.

I set my feet down and lean forward while linking my hands together.

"I'm heading towards Solvario first before hand. You forget that before I was captain, I was also a top ranked soldier. Not to mention, a heir to the throne, I follow no one."  Mercilessly, I cruelly glared at him and pushed myself from my chair.

"I'll think about your request before submitting it though." I said finally before ushering him out of my quarters and off my ship.

"Wait Aeonis I--" He started to rush out but I pushed him away before he could answer. "Have a nice day Will." I then slammed the door shut, ending that atrocious conversation.

I pulled out a file on Solvario as I had finally sat back down and laid my blade against my desk.

The conditions there just keep getting worse and worse. Solvario is one of the most damaged cities left and it's filled with crime. Many bandits roam the area looking for those with money, precisely why I didn't want that girl rummaging around.

As a consequence of the doctor's actions, many people ended up losing their lives and everything they owned. As a result of this, everyone became cold and detached from another to avoid more suffering.

Its no wonder everyone became rampant, traumatized, and viable for their actions.

Nonchalantly reaching for another document on the conditions of Solvario, it became apparent to me that I needed the girl to be doing something to keep her rooted.

I scanned provocatively over the document and noticed a piece of information that could be useful:

"Mysteriously, we've accounted multiple fugitives rummaging through our city asking around for some girl. We have been informed that she's around nineteen years of age and has blonde hair. She also has blue eyes and wears strange clothing. We don't have much information on her, but if you happen to see her please report it immediately."

Summarizing the information I just read, my instructions may have just been changed.

A teenage girl around the age of nineteen, has blonde hair and blue eyes. She wears weird clothing and an organization is looking for her. Strangely enough, I'm surprised she hasn't been caught yet.

She's like an open book, always pretending to be the optimistic type while in actuality, she's just a whimsical little girl.