Chapter 34

I stared at him nervously, fiddling with my fingers as I tried to find the words to speak. I couldn't bring myself to make eye contact with him as he sat there with his arms crossed over his chest, waiting impatiently. He looked intimidating, in his all black jacket, with his jet black hair. His cold bright amber eyes locked into mine, with no trace of gentleness.

I couldn't help but look away from his cold stare, it terrified me to the bone. I must do this though, my life could depend on it.

"Well, what more is there to your poison? You must know something." He says impatiently as he taps his fingers against the desk he's currently sitting at. I had finally gotten well enough that I could walk to the main nurse's office without getting dizzy. He keeps pushing me for answers even when he knows he might not get any. So I'm gonna give him the answers he wants to keep him off my back; I took in a deep breath and he stiffened, as if intently listening to every word that'd come out of my mouth would cure cancer.

"My father...he experimented on me. He wanted to create an antidote that'd prevent the smog's radiation from making anyone sick. It didn't work on me, and it created a poison that lubricates my skin, causing everything I touch to melt. I've never gotten sick before though, I was five when he gave it to me." I said fidgeting, still extremely nervous. I peaked up at him through my eyelashes and for a moment all expressions he had were gone, then they were soon replaced with surprise.

"You're telling me that your father; the man who raised you, experimented on you?" He said flabbergasted, staring at me with mixed emotions. Confusion, anger, curiosity and pity. He pities me, and that makes me very uncomfortable. "I don't need nor want your pity. Yes, my father did those things to protect me." I said with a quiet snarl, my blood beginning to boil. "Princess you're so naive. If he DID try to save you, which he didn't, then he wouldn't have used you as his test. I don't know what his motive must've been, but it wasn't to save you." He growled as he stood up slowly, his nostrils flared. 'Why is he mad? It's not like it's his problem.' "Why do you care anyways? All I am is some captive that you want to use till you get what you want." I said looking away with my brows furrowed angrily.

"That may be true, your nothing but a tool; But my tool must be alive in order to be used properly." He says emotionlessly as he stares into my blue eyes, his amber ones reflecting a deep burning ember. His eyes show so much passion all of a sudden, why?

"Whatever you need me for must be important and I won't question your desires but I don't wish to be treated like a slave." I say seriously keeping a straight face as I stare back at his cold emotionless eyes. "Okay princess, here's what I'll do. If you can help me find my little sister Alice, then I'll let you off the hook, deal?" He says with a dark glint in his eyes.
Help him find his sister, Alice?

"Fine, I'll help you try to find her. Do you have any leads?" I ask seriously as I stand in front of the desk separating us. "Not so fast princess, you need to rest first. Then we'll talk more about Alice. Follow me." He stands from the seat and grabs a file off the desk. I peak at the letters on the folder and it reads Alice. That must have all the information they could find on his sister. He looks over his shoulder and stopped abruptly. "Princess, don't even try it." He turns to glare at me turning on his heel to look at me closely. Sweat began to roll down my back in fear. He stepped closer to me as he held a stoic expression.

"I'll tell you any information I find at a later time, don't bother snooping through my shit. I've dealt with enough girls to know they don't keep to themselves." He says as he straightens his tie quietly. He continues to wear this stoic cold expression but it shows mixed emotions; Anxiety, worry and anger. It made me wonder if he was angry at himself or someone.

He turns towards the door again and signals me to follow. I follow quietly, avoiding further conflict was the best issue at mind. We went down multiple hallways and past the diner before we ended up at the deck again. 'Where is he taking me?' I wondered to myself as I followed him quietly, walking briskly to keep up to his fast pace. I was panting like a dog by the time we got to—huh? Why are we at his room?

"Princess." He says before grabbing my arm roughly to pull me into his hard chest. He quickly flipped us into his room and I was spinning in my confusion. What's going on right now?! I looked at him vaguely as I tried to come up with some answer to this situation but he kept his stoic expression as he pushed me further into the door. My small body formed against his broad chest. My heart rate started to increase slowly, then there were the butterflies again. "What are you—" I looked up to see and anguished look on the captains face.

"Princess, your to stay in my room from now on. I will be keeping an eye on you myself since no one else seems to be capable of doing so. Once you're feeling better we'll talk some more." He says before moving away from me, his hand brushing my hair slightly back from the movement of his large hands. He notices a strand of blonde hair fall off my shoulder and he takes it into his fingers. With his forefinger and thumb, he rubs the thin strands as if they were something he's never seen before. "Princess, you really are something short of a miracle. You're the weirdest creature I've ever met, but it's not bad." He says with a small gentle smile, his eyes light up a little with this statement but something beneath it seems...off.