Chapter 27

Please give credit to the artist^

I stood by the captain's side as he stared intensely at the man that claimed to be the leader of the Rebels. It didn't take much to see he was enjoying every minute of our time, harassing us—especially the captain. He stood in his black leather jacket with a red shirt underneath, with his black boots and knives strapped to his thighs. They held fast with leather straps holding them in place.

He had an evil smirk plastered on his face with his hands shoved in his pockets, standing at ease with confidence oozing from him. He crossed his arms over his chest with a smug look as he took two lazy steps towards us. Was he intentionally mocking the captain?

"Captain."

"Ron, fancy seeing your ass here." He said in a deep mocking tone, laced with hate.

"Oh please, save the pleasantries we all know you hate me. Let's just cut to the chase, shall we?" He says with a broad smile, his hands held out wide with a large helping of mockery.

"Please do, saves me time of having to see your sick face." Captain says with his arms sprawled across his chest.

"You came here for your sword correct? I'll give it back to you on one condition. Give me the girl and the children." He says with a serious expression, reaching his hand out to me.

"Come with me girl, don't you wish to know more about yourself? Your father? I can help you." He says with a gentle smile as he continues to motion me over to him.

I look at him from head to toe, analyzing him as I mull over my answer. I put my hand to my chin in mock thought before answering, "Hm, nah I choose to live my life thank you." Then returning behind the captain to peek over his shoulder.

The captain narrows his eyes at Ron before turning to his men in secret signal. The captain had spread his men out to ambush him and his men a head of time. I knew of this and remained by his side since I met back up with him. I avoided Levi since our incident and he remained unscathed, not caring about our incident.

According to the captains orders, the Rebels' head base is in the capital and he gathered intel last night from his spy. I'm unaware if there's anything of major significance there, but the captain seemed desperate for answers.

"I can't hand over the woman, nor will I hand over the children. They are the key to getting back my home, which you stole." The captain pulled a small, semi-automatic pistol from his halter and shot into the air before anyone could react.

I jumped in surprise from the loudness of the shot, the captain flung forward quicker than I could process, and clashed swords with Ron. He was quick and ruthless with his strikes, aiming to kill his target. Ron was quick to notice and blocked with his sword in time before a huge grin made way on his face. He continued to block all his strikes, only frustrating the captain even more. He was merely toying with the captain as they danced with their blades.

Ron went to slice at the captains' arm, only to miss with the captain's quick wits and he managed to avoid it in time. The captain regained momentum and flew forward, slicing at Ron with full power. Ron went to avoid it but the captain was much quicker. A large gash was left in the place of Ron's shirt, blood trickling down the tear.

"Well, look at that. You managed to cut me..." Ron gurgled, blood staining his hands as he put pressure on the wound. He staggered back from loss of balance and before the captain could finish the job; a man came from the shadows, swooping Ron over his shoulder to escape.

The man was wearing a black mask to cover his identity, wearing a black suit that covered him head to toe. He had halters to hold a range of knives and other assortments. Before I could process much more of his appearance, he was gone.

The captain scoffed in irritation, then flicked his sword to the right to fling off the blood on his sword before sheathing it. He turns to look at me and grabs my arm gently before tugging me behind him quickly.

"Shh, follow quietly." He says before quickly diving into the tree line. We rush behind some trees as I can already hearing the clashing of blades, and decided to peek around to see what was going on. There were men fighting from both sides on the captains signal, blood staining the ground under some lifeless bodies.

'Where's Levi and Evan?' I thought worriedly, looking around in a panic to locate them. I notice Evan fighting off three rebel soldiers on his own, quickly finishing them off before returning to more. He was very nimble on his feet and quickly took his foes down. He looked almost like a ninja, quickly taking down his foes in a heat of glory. No one noticing their fate till the last moment, like he was the human embodiment of the grim reaper.

Levi was on the opposite side of the battlefield, fighting with two small blades in his hands. His always too cocky smirk plastered on his face, taking down enemy after enemy all one by one. He was quick and nimble like Evan but he struck with less grace than him. He struck with no resolve almost as if he was sloppy with his kills. 'Was he not even caring how they die? He's just slicing and dicing!'

The captain narrowed his eyes at Levi too, like I was he shook his head in disappointment. "He never learns.." He murmurs before tugging me behind him, sneaking around to get back to their camp. It wasn't very well hidden and the tent was large in size. The captain was quick to rip open the doors to find his precious sword on the table, unscathed and beautifully crafted.

It was protected by a black sheath, layered in blue cloth to decorate it. The hilt of the sword was a royal blue color with a dragon crest on the side. Maybe a family crest? He threw the one he was currently holding and grabbed the beautiful one on the table.

"Finally, I don't need to hold back anymore." He said confidently as he glared into the air as if warding off all evil. Although in my opinion, he was the pure embodiment of evil himself.