Chapter 42

I awoke with a bit of a headache, a bad premonition on the horizon. I felt sick to my stomach for some odd reason and couldn't find any reason why. It felt as if something will happen and I'm not liking that feeling.

I slowly sat up and looked at my tiny pale hands as they are wrapped in leather gloves, embedded with the same material to protect things against the feel of my skin.

As if it was an everyday normal thing, Levi slammed open my bedroom door, scaring the crap out of me. "Good morning, sweetheart!" He says very loudly, making me cover my ears in protest. What could he possibly want this early?

"I'm here to tell you we have made it to the capital! Your going with us to scout your father out." He says with a crooked grin. If I had a dollar for every time he smiled like that, I'd be rich. "Okay, I'll be up in a second." I stated defeatedly, I guess I'm going to find out eventually. The real me, and why I'm like this. "Wake.Up!" Levi suddenly yells beside me, causing me to jump up in fright. My legs get caught in the blanket, causing me to tumble over ungracefully onto the floor with a loud thud.

"Ow. ." I said irritably, my face smushed into the floor. My hands were laid flat against the cool wooden floors, still wrapped up in my blanket, trapping me. "Wow, that's one way to get out of bed in the morning. Although. . I'm not so sure I'd call it graceful." Levi snickered, he squats down and places his elbows on his knees as he balances on his heels beside me mockingly. How he manages to hold that position is beyond me. I'd probably fall over considering how clumsy I am. It's not like it's hard to do though, it's literally just a squat, but you stay there and don't get back up. I feel like he's mocking me.

"Levi, was that really necessary?" I ask, although my voice was slightly muffled because of the floor and blanket surrounding me. "Yes, it was extremely necessary." He says with a smile, the joke clearly betraying him. I shook my head playfully as I try to escape the blanket to no avail. "Um, Levi, could you. . ah, help me?" I mumble shyly as I continue to struggle in the blanket.

He smiles kindly at me and nods before attempting to dissemble the mess of blankets caging me. "God, Damn, blankets!" Levi shouts as he tugs violently on the blankets. 'How can a grown man not be able to remove simple blankets?' I thought jokingly to myself, amused at his irritated face as he struggles to remove the blankets.

"Levi you're taking too long—what are you doing?" Evan walks in with a confused look on his face and I force a smile even though I'm trapped here. "Evan!! I can't, remove, this!" Levi says through clenched teeth, he clicks his tongue in irritation before tugging again. Evan rolls his eyes and pulls the section of blanket by my face and I'm flung out of the blanket from the force of his pull. My head thumped hard against the wooden floor.

"The blanket might be thick but even a child could've removed that." Evan said with a bored expression, clearly not amused at our antics. "Well, sorry we aren't as strategic as you are about removing blankets!" Levi said with emphasis on the blankets. "Well I'm sorry you're not the one of the smartest people here." Evan said with a smirk on his face, amused at how riled up Levi was becoming. "I'm not fucking stupid!" Levi yelled, offended as he flung forward to punch Evan. Evan easily dodged the punch and simply laughed as Levi desperately tried to hit Evan.

Well, this is a side I've never seen of these two. Were they always this close? They always seemed to ignore each other when they were around each other. "Dude, stop tormenting me! I'm not stupid, I'm just slow!" Levi yelled playfully while attacking Evan. "Well if you weren't so slow then I wouldn't pick on you so much." Evan replied in a bored tone. "Seriously, bro, stop acting like you're better than me! I'll kill ya!" Levi yelled once again, I was shell shocked and just watched their weird exchange.

A loud knock on the door brought me back from my thoughts, I stood quickly, whipped my hands on my leggings and walked to the door. My hair was everywhere from being thrown on to the floor but I didn't care, I'd fix it later. I grabbed the door handle and opened the door. The captain stood outside the door, his foot tapping irritatedly against the wooden floor. I couldn't bring myself to meet his eyes after all the cruel acts he's done over the last week.

I don't know why he's be avoiding me and treating me like dirt that resides under his feet, but I learned to ignore him. If I don't make eye contact or say anything to make him angry I'll be fine. He didn't say anything to me, I'm sure he didn't even look in my direction; he just hurried by me to talk to the two bickering men behind me.

"What the fuck are you two doing? We have shit to do today. Why are you in her room in the first place?" He yells, you can tell he's not in a good mood today. "Sir, we came to inform her of her position as promised." Evan said with a slight bow and sent a glare towards Levi when he didn't do the same. Levi clicked his tongue and put his arms behind his head casually. "I did what you asked, I was never told to report back." Levi said irritably. "That should've been a given Levi. Anyways, we leave in fifteen minutes. Gather whatever you might need and meet the rest of us on the deck. Aya, don't grab anything just come as you are. Nothing is needed, hell I didn't even wanna bring you." He said with a deep annoyed sigh but I brushed off the insults. I didn't need to hold onto it, I tell myself I don't need him.

"Aya he's no good. You need to move on!" Tessa said in a hushed whisper. It's been about a week since I discovered these annoying feelings, and the captain has been treating me worse than usual. Tessa had enough of my submissive ways or so she says.

I didn't want to give up but he crossed a line this time.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He said in a harsh tone, I was helping the cook clean around the dining hall but apparently that's a no go in his book. "I told you not to get involved in anything on the ship!" He yells as he grabbed me by the upper bicep. He practically dragged me out into the hallway. "Don't.do.anything!" He said dryly, he wasn't asking; He was demanding.

I guess I'm back at square one. . .