Chapter 15

"My blade is as sharp as the lies you spit, but your lies can't pierce me."

~~~

"Did he do anything to hurt you?"
Evan had caught me off guard with the random act of concern, deciding to brush it off; I stood in front of him with a genuine smile. "No I'm fine. He just likes to harass me." I said with a wide smile, happy that he's concerned about me.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I didn't help you because I was worried; it was to not have you killed on our ship. Captain doesn't want to clean your blood off the deck." He said with his arms crossed, no expression on his face. He really didn't care at all that Levi could have killed me?

I let out a heavy sigh as my shoulders slumped in disappointment. Its not like I didn't expect it, knowing how my situation was it was inevitable.

Evan grabbed my elbow and pulled me further back on the ship and I followed silently. Passing by random pirates on the way there, passing by some weird scenery.

We walked for about ten minutes before we stopped by a large group people. What are they looking at? I heard a bloodcurdling scream and stiffened up but Evan gave me a look saying it'd be okay.

He pulls me closer to see what their looking at and I'm surprised to see the captain sparing with one of the younger pirates. He's swinging with so much force you can physically feel the tension but his moves are graceful.

He sidesteps all the man's attacks and dodges them skillfully with ease. He has a deadly stern look on his face which portrays a variety of things: intimidation, anger, playfulness and most of all, intent to kill. He continues to dodge all of the man's attacks merely frustrating him before he swings in so quickly I let out an involuntary gasp. I was amazed at the quickness and grace he had even while fighting.

The man fell to the ground with a loud thump and his sword flies backwards clinging against the wooden deck. He lost against the captain and everyone cheered on Aeonis in awe at him for his victory. I'll admit his skills are amazing, so much strength and speed for a man of his stature. He was a broad man who is so tall and is covered in muscle. To move so quickly, it's truly terrifying to be on the receiving end of that sword.

Aeonis looks over at Evan and notices me by his side and nods towards Evan. Evan then grabs my arm again and drags me forward. "Wait what are yo--" I was cut off by the tip of the captains sword.

"You will listen carefully or die." He said with a harsh glare as he pushes his sword closer. "You will clean the ship and cook us meals while keeping on eye on the children. Evan will stay by you to keep an eye on you at all times. No funny business or he'll  kill you. Do you understand?" He says darkly, narrowing his eyes at me as if to encourage me to disobey. I nod quickly and cower in fear at his proposition, shaking slightly while staring back, not daring to move.

"Good, Evan will escort you to his quarters. Listen to whatever he says." He nods before walking away yelling orders to his crew. 'Wait what did he mean by his quarters?'

Evan grabs my arm tightly while dragging me back down the stairs to the sleeping chambers as he walks at a quick pace. I'm trying my best to keep up as my boots squeak against the wooden floors beneath them. The damp smell of fish in the air from the ocean surrounding us. We must've been getting closer to shore as the smell increases at a rapid pace.

Evan squeezes my arm tighter as I'd stopped to think without realizing it and I fly forward into his chest as I was caught off guard. I squealed in fright before my face turns a bright red at our close proximity but he doesn't notice before pushing me off and dragging me along behind him once again.

'He doesn't talk much at all does he?'

He walks in front of a white wooden door before pushing it open quickly and pulling me inside the room. I look at him closely, fully observing him. He has such dark black hair but when the light hits it, the blue tint comes out. His bright gray eyes that seem so dull on the surface lighten when he sees swords. He's wearing an all black outfit with a blue headband around his head like Levi did. He runs his hands through his hair as he looks at me in sudden interest as I stand there awkwardly taking in his room.

He has a large queen sized bed with blue blankets across from the bed he has a large white dresser and on the walls he has a place for a small collection of different swords and daggers. There are so many on his wall I can't help but become curious as to why he likes fighting so much.

He also has a large window on the right side of his room which is so large you can see the view outside it. He watches me closely as I step closer to the window, staring out into the sea.

"Its beautiful, being on the ocean and all ." I say suddenly striking up a conversation. He looks over at me and shrugs his shoulders lightly. "Its alright I guess. I'd rather be in the dense woods surrounded by nature." He says as he stares at the horizon beside me. "So I'm sharing a room with you?" I ask him curiously, looking over my shoulder to glance at him. "Yep, till captain figures out what he wants with ya." He mumbles as we stand beside each other, tension in the air.

I can't believe I have to share a room with a guy. Wait, sharing a room with a guy? Shit! This could be a bad idea!

~~~

Hey guys! This book is considered a reverse harem, so I'm going to ask; who do you think Aya should end up with? ;D let me know in the comments!

-- Sabrina A.