Chapter 14

"The battle is never over. It's just beginning, and I won't be the first to fall."

~~~

I went back to my room to think about everything that's happened recently; my secret was exposed to Tessa and the others. I knew Tessa didn't know what to think of my secret while Renee froze up and the boys looked excited. I knew she was afraid of what I was capable of and I don't blame her.

I was currently in the room I woke up in just hours ago, stuck in my thoughts. I hope that everything will go by smoothly from here on out but I feel it won't. I swayed my legs back and forth on the bed and looked over to the plastic cup sitting on the stand. I look over to my gloved hands and decided to remove them, reaching for the cup and grabbing it; I could hear the cup boil and pop underneath my touch. It melted through my hand and dripped onto the floor while sizzling.

Who wouldn't be afraid of a person like me? I can seriously injure someone with a mere touch of my hand. I would never want to put someone through that excruciating pain, it'd be one of the worst feelings ever.

I continued to stare at the puddle of melted plastic in front of me and let out a huge sigh. I went to push myself from the bed but forgot that my gloves were off. I looked over in panic and already there was a hole burned through the blanket.

Fear settled into my stomach as I looked at the horrendous hole in the blanket. What of someone notices that? I don't want everyone to know that secret, I only mentioned it because I didn't want to worry the kids. I guess in the end, I just ended up scaring them instead.

I tried to hide the blanket in an attempt to rid of the morbid evidence of my secret but without my gloves I ended up making more holes in it instead.

Panic courses through my veins and I rush to put my gloves back on. Once my gloves are on my hands again I quickly try to find a place to hide the burns without much choice I open the window in my room and shove it out into the water. 'I'm sorry fish and other marine life.' I don't want to be killed if they find out.

I let out a huge breath I was holding and went to leave to explore the deck. There may be a lot of people but I'll just ignore them being trapped here is boring.

I opened the door and walked out with a jump in my step. I was really excited to see the ocean around us on a better scale. I practically ran to the top deck as I ran down the hall with a small smile on my face. Its the first time I've been excited for something since I left my home after losing my father.

I walked onto the wooden deck of the top deck and I saw a magnificent view. We were surrounded by clear blue water and there were islands in random places. Its was beautiful because I've never seen such beauty before. My home was always destroyed from what I've seen, never once did I see what it was like before.

I ran over to the edge of the ship to look over and gentle sprays of water hit my face sizzling quietly. I'm glad it was very subtle so no one would notice it. There were a handful of people on the top deck, cleaning or playing cards with another. They have a very friendly demeanor with each other.  

"You idiot! You can't play that card!" An older man laughs as the younger pouts with a cracked smile. "Shut it old man! Its not cheating If you're not caught!" He said laughing and they both cracked up at the joke.

I looked over to see the two men cleaning and they were also laughing as they cleaned.

"Man, we're slobs the lot of us." He laughs as he shakes his head and continues cleaning.

I look surprised at the friendliness in the air as I circle around, everyone gets along on the ship. 'Everyone but me.' I look out on the sea again and sigh.

"Well look who's bored. If it isn't the lying princess." I heard Levi say behind me as he chuckles a deep laugh. 'Here we go again.' I turn around to get a better look at him. He's dressed in a black shirt with various tears here and there. He's wearing a black bandana around his head to keep him cool. His blonde hair messy everywhere, when's the last time he's washed it? If he took better care of himself he'd look almost handsome. Almost.

"Not going to answer me now? Did captain shake you up too much?" He smirks with evil intent as we walks closer to me. I shrink back a bit and walk into the edge of the boat. "Leave me alone Levi." I say sternly attempting to keep calm, losing myself would be bad as of right now.

"Now why would I want to do that? A liar like yourself needs to be punished." He says with a crooked grin, pushing his bangs back in arrogance. 'Oh please, is he showing off right now?' "Levi I'm warn--"

"Levi what the fuck are you doing now?" Evan says coming from out of nowhere. He walks close to us and grabs Levi's shoulder pushing him away from me. "I told you before didn't I? Leave the girl alone, its not worth it." He says with a sharp glare, pushing me behind him before discreetly grabbing my hand and pulling me away.

He drags me to the back end of the ship away from Levi before surprising me with his shielded concern.

"Did he do anything to hurt you?"

~~~

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that I'm very grateful for all the kind things you've said about my book so far! It's only been up on wattpad for maybe a little over a month. I'm not even sure. XD

I just want to say I'm grateful you all are enjoying it, and that I'm going to try to upload everyday if possible. I have work everyday so it's hard but I've been managing.

PS. I'm sorry if I miss a day! Love you guys! Stay awesome!

-- Sabrina A.