Chapter 23

It was raining outside on the top deck of the ship, cold, wet and eerie. It wasn't long after my talk with Tessa did I realize it was storming horribly outside. Even during this time of year its colder than it should be. It's nearing autumn and with the cold rain drenching everything; you'd think it was already autumn.

Autumn is still a couple weeks away from now and the cold is catching up already. I was currently sitting on a couch in my room looking out on the storm. The grey clouds hovering over the horizon gave off an eerie feel as it matches the fog rolling over the ocean. It was really dark outside on the sea and the captains been really busy.

He said something to everyone on the ship a couple hours ago mentioning us docking sometime soon. Where we were docking? I have absolutely no clue. He gave orders to his strongest group of men to make sure we don't leave the ship but that just makes me want to leave all the more.

Why is he so hellbent on making us stay on the ship? It struck a cord with me and me being curious as always, decided to investigate. Was it my business to stick my nose in? No. Was I being nosy? Definitely. Did I really care all that much? Nope.

All I knew was that he was hiding something from us, it was his authority too; but it still didn't sit right in my stomach. Something was telling me to leave the ship, to see what was out there, to explore the unknown. Was my gut always so presumptuous? Yep.

Jumping up in mock excitement, I ran past Evan who was currently head deep in messing with his sword, and dove towards the ships rear. I was wheezing and panting like a dog but I didn't care. My legs were also burning from overexertion. I never did anything on the ship and my body is the one to pay the price. Eating and sleeping everyday was not healthy for me or anyone else on this god forsaken ship.

I was halfway down the hall panting like a mad man when I literally collided into the captain himself.

"The hell are you doing woman? You trying to kill me?" He says with a harsh glare as he pushes me off him in a huff and brushes off the imaginary dirt that covers him. I scoff at his egotistical ways as always and stand up quickly to continue on my way.

I step forward to run off but his arm catches my waist and I'm hoisted up into the air, thrown over someone's shoulder.

"What are you—" Before I could answer him, he walks away taking my breath away in surprise. "I told you to wait a minute!" I screamed as I swayed back and forth on his shoulder. I punch his back as I sway, feeling slightly sick from the sudden movement of the ship.

"I don't know what you were planning on doing but since you don't seem to listen to what I say, I'm keeping my eye on you myself." He says arrogantly with one hand on a document reading it casually as I dangle from his shoulder.

"What makes you think I was doing anything wrong? Maybe I was going to hang with Tessa!" I cried out as I continued to sway sickly. It was a white lie but who said he'd see through it.

"Don't lie when its so obvious you can't lie worth a shit. Tessa is with Levi and she was told to not see you for the time being. Tell me, were you going to disobey my orders?" He says sarcastically as he continues walking forward, not sparing me a moment to answer he continues, "Oh that's right, if you do, I'll kill you. Do you remember that?" He says darkly in a deep tone that sends a chill down my spine.

"Uh yeah I was kidding when I said I was going there, I was uh, going to get food!" I said pathetically in an attempt to cover my already horrible lie with another one.

"You're horrible with lying." He says coldly, reading his document with no care in the world. I hear the sound of a door knob turn and I begin to assume the worst.

Before I can struggle or even scream for help he throws me on his bed and climbs on top of me.

'Oh god!'

My brain was swirling with all sorts of possibilities at this situation but I could only squeeze my eyes shut in anticipation in the heat of the moment.

My wrists start to feel hot as if they were rubbing against some sort of material and I peak my eyes open for a second to see what was happening. My eyes widen once I realize that my wrists have been bound.

"I used a special rope made of Agorain silk. You can't melt that." He says with an egotistical tone as he straightens himself out. He walks over to his desk as I sit there trying to pry my hands loose.

"Don't even bother, its a pain watching you be an idiot." He says with a harsh glare as he continues on with his work. I pout as I realize I'm stuck in this horrible situation and I'm unable to do anything about it.

I look around to scan his room but then I notice the picture by his bed. It was a picture of a little girl with the same bright eyes as him with brownish hair. She was beaming a bright smile as she was holding what looked to be a blue flower.

'Was this his little sister? Or maybe his daughter!?' I internally panicked at the prospect. What if he really does have a kid because of all the women he's been with!

I looked closer at the girl but then came to a clear resolution. Even if he did have a kid, I doubt he'd keep a photo of her. It must be his little sister, but why is he not with her? I scanned him over from the corner of my eye and noticed the exhaustion that rolled off him. Is he doing all this because of her?