Chapter 10

"Evil is within everyone, no one was ever born completely innocent. No one is completely good and just."

~~~

I stood there with a sour expression thinking about his intentions. What does he want us for anyway? I looked over at Tessa with a questioning stare but she just shrugged before pulling me into the room.

"Aya, that man is dangerous! He threatened me just a minute ago. What do you think he wants with us? We are just kids!" She whispered in anguish. "I don't know what he wants, maybe because he found out you're  immune. He might've found a use for you?" I said unsurely as I watched for a reaction. She stood stock still and looked at me blankly.

"Do you think he will kill us when he doesn't need us anymore?" Renee asked suddenly shaking in fear. She had small tears in her eyes.

"I don't know but for now we should find out what he wants from us and try to be as useful as possible. I've heard bad rumors about him and I'm not dying anytime soon." I said seriously hugging Tessa and Renee tightly. I looked over to see that Noah and Ryan were sleeping soundly.

"What did he say to you guys when he was here?" I asked curiously, looking back and forth between the two of them. Renee stiffened even more if that was possible and Tessa looked irritated.

"He said we were going to be on this ship for a long time and to get used to it. I don't know what that means. . ." She said sulking as she walked over to her bed before resting her head in her hands. Renee looked unsure of herself as well.

". . ."

I didn't know what to do and looked down sadly. I was supposed to be the adult here but I can't even help myself let alone these children. . .

I let out a breath I didn't even know I had been holding and looked out the window depressed. 'What are we going to do?'

~~~

I sat in the room with the girls for a while before I decided I needed to get answers from someone. It's not right that we are sitting here waiting for possible death.

I left the room and wandered to the end of the hall where I had seen the Captain walk off too. I looked up the stairs and heard footsteps above us, lots of footsteps. 'How many people are serving him exactly?' I thought with surprise. I heard footsteps approaching the stairs and I backed up and made myself seem 'busy.'

To my surprise, it wasn't the captain but Levi, the blonde man that constantly joked around. He looked at me in surprise too probably because I'm finally awake and wandering about.

"Well look who's up. Our little princess awoke from her chamber?" He asked with a smug look before crossing his arms over his chest. "Your name is Levi, right? I have some questions I've been meaning to ask." I said seriously sending him my best glare.

He just chuckled at me before patting my head like a child, again. "Don't worry princess, we won't be killing you or anything like that. Well, not the kids." He said with a daring look, daring me to say something that'd give him an excuse to kill me.

I gulped down my nervousness and continued on bravely. "You don't have that authority!" I muttered looking away, he's only a soldier in Aaron's eyes. At least I hoped so. He looked surprised at my accusation before laughing, clearly amused by my torture.

"Princess, I'm one of the captains respected disciples. I'm one of the most important men on this ship. Evan, Captain and I have total rein here." He said with a dark chuckle. He stepped closer to me slowly, trapping me against the wooden wall behind me. I shivered in fear as he closed in further, our noses nearly touching.

"Don't think I can't kill you, princess. I can do whatever I want to you and no one will say a thing." He said darkly leaning against the crook of my neck. I shivered in displeasure at our close proximity. If he touches me he'll melt! I began to panic as he slowly neared me and on reflex, I kneed him, hard.

He backed up quickly holding his junk before glaring at me. I didn't think about anything other than running away and that's exactly what I did. I ran like hell. He's always joking but his serious side is terrifying!

Without even realizing, I had run to the top deck and plowed into a hard chest. I staggered back a little before an arm caught me before falling over. I looked up to see the serious face of Evan. I gulped softly as I looked at him. He's even scarier than Levi!

I heard Levi scream out as I stiffened up. "You wrench! I'll kill ya!" He yelled as I heard his footsteps racing towards me. I whimpered and attempted to run but Evan pushed me behind him and folded his arms over his chest irritability.

'Huh?'

Levi was now in sight and he looked pissed off. "Evan I swear to god, don't protect her!" He screamed as he launched at us in record speed. I flinched but was surprised at how fast he moved. It was impossible to move that fast! 

Evan pulled out his sword that was attached at his hip and stood in a protective stance.

'Wow! Hold on just a second. . . !"

Before I could say anything Levi drew his sword and swung at Evan quickly and gracefully. There was no hesitation as he swung at him. 'I thought they were friends? Why are they fighting each other?' I thought as I watched them confused. 

"Hey, guys who's the woman?"

"Don't know, maybe the captains?"

"It could be Levi's. He's always bringing in new girls!"

People began whispering about my presence as I stood there awkwardly watching the two men in front of me fight.

This got way more complicated than necessary. . . 

~~~

Hey everyone I hope your all having a nice day! Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and follow me for more!

-- Sabrina A.

A little something for your day

A little something for your day. . . XD

Edited (8/4/2017)