Chapter 37

I looked at my house nostalgically, wondering where my father was. Is he okay? Is he even alive? Why did he do all this? I gulped down my nervousness before I took a step towards the house. "Aya, are you sure?" Tessa looked at me in worry but I nodded at her not looking at the captain or the others. Afraid I'd break down again. "Aya I'll go with you!" Tessa and Renee yell simultaneously and I flinch to look back in surprise. "Why?" I choked out in surprise. "Because your our older sister now! I don't want you to cry alone!" Tessa said and Renee nodded in agreement. I bit back another sob and nodded for them to follow.

I stepped up to the door and turned the knob but the door wouldn't budge. Tessa must've seen my face and she stepped back. "Tessa don't even think about—" but cry was unheard when she plowed down the think hardwood door. A multitude of gasps let out along with mine as she stood there proudly. "What? You couldn't get in right?" She puffs out arrogantly and walks in casually. "I can't believe I was outdone by an eleven year old..." I mumbled and I heard Levi let out a loud laugh. "That was awesome!" He says with a loud chuckle. "I like her!" He says with a smile. I ignore him and walk in behind Tessa, Renee behind me.

I walk into the living room where I once used to read beside my father. Memories started to flow into me, it was hard to not cry. I looked around then decided to check my fathers lab. I heard loud footsteps behind me and looked back to seen the stern expression of the captain behind me. They all followed us in after all.

I ignored him following me around and went right to fathers lab. "Aya what's this room?" Tessa said as she points to a big metal door with a pass lock. The captain puts his large hand over my shoulder and squeezes tightly making me wince in pain. "I-It's my fathers laboratory." I mumbled as I turned to glare at the captain, but once my eyes locked on his; I seen a stern worried expression. 'W-What's with that look?'

I walk towards the door after shaking off his hold and stepped in front of the pass lock. "You know the password?" Renee asks timidly. I nod then look at her with a small smile. "I'm my fathers daughter, of course I know." I say as I type in the code quickly as I always do and the door snaps open scaring the shit out of Renee. "Ah!" She screams as she hides behind Tessa. "Renee it's only the door." She chuckles as Renee glares at her and slaps her arm playfully. "I-I knew that." She mumbles as we walk inside the lab, the captain right behind me. 'Why is he following me?' I think sourly as I look around for my fathers files.

On the desk was an old folder that said in bold black lettering, "Cure." I went over to it and grabbed the folder off the desk. I flipped it open and sucked in a breath. "Here goes nothing.." I mumble to myself as I open the folder. I feel someone's presence behind me but I assumed it was the captain. The first page was about my condition, father never let me read his research files but now I'll know the truth:

Aya — My Daughter, Age: 19

Condition: unstable

I have injected the medicine into her body, currently she's nineteen but I first injected it at the age of five. I've kept tabs on her over the years and the poison seems to be getting weaker, I'm unsure what will happen to her body if it disintegrates—

"What?" I say in disbelief as I look at that word, 'Disintegrate.' "Disintegrate huh, I didn't think it would disappear on its own though. Maybe that's why you got sick." The captain says for me behind me, looking over my shoulder he continues to read out loud.

"If her body completely disintegrates then maybe she'll be able to live normally again. I've been working on an antidote for this condition but it's not complete yet. I've hidden myself on a remote island far from here to continue my research. I had to fake my death otherwise Aya's life would be in danger. I don't know where she is now but I hope she's safe. I'm on the island of Agoria if she ever sees this, please find me Aya. I will help you fix the problem I created for you.

The information ended there and I was sobbing fully now as I took it all in. Fathers alive, he's trying to help me. I rub the tears from my eyes as I turn to look at Tessa but arms wrapped around me and I was tugged into a broad chest. 'What?' My heart was racing again as I realized the captain was hugging me. He smells so masculine, I've never been this close to a guy like this before. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I was too shocked to even cry.
"Aya..." A deep voice mumbles as his hand rubbed small circles on my back. I let out a broken sigh as he continued with the circles; he took his other hand and played with my hair softly.

Why am I so comfortable in his arms? I don't want to leave them. I snuggled closer to him and absorbed the comfort while I could. I was now calm, no longer crying but enjoying the warmth cascading around me. My hands tangled into his suit, I clenched them tightly to avoid him leaving.

I widened my eyes in surprise when I just realized that for the first time ever, he actually called me by name. My face must have been as red as a tomato and my heart was beating so fast. I squeezed my eyes shut to try to slow it down but my nervousness wouldn't go away as he squeezed me tighter than before. "Aya...let's find your father." He says with a deep husky voice, numbly I nodded my head in understanding. I didn't want to leave the comfort of his arms, it's the first time I've felt like this. What's wrong with me?