Chapter 17

Short A\N

Hey everyone, it's been one long ride with this book so far and I'm loving the reviews so far! I hope everyone's enjoying this book as much as I am writing it. I've had a hard time focusing and finishing my books. That's not really anything new. I do want to make this into an Otome Game for those of you who know what that is.

For those of you who don't; it's basically a book made into a game with pictures so you can see the characters and even determine how the story unfolds! Its a very interesting thing to create and I hope you guys will check it out after I finish the novel.

Thank you to everyone who's reading this and I just want to let you know how much your love means to me! <3

§

I was lost in a train of thought and forgot that I was standing in front of the bedroom door. I was very sad at the prospect that I didn't know anything about my family. I don't know my family history and that confuses me. Do I have other relatives? Does anyone know anything about my family?

The captain seemed surprised to hear my dad's name but I don't know why. I thought my dad only helped my small town of people. Who else did he supposedly help?

I sucked in a deep breath and opened the bedroom door before quietly walking in. Looking around for Evan, I notice that he's passed out on the couch in his room. 'He let me have the bed..?' I furrowed my brows in confusion. 'Why would he give up his bed for me?' I thought for sure he'd make me sleep on the floor. I guess he's a lot nicer than people give him credit for.

I carefully make my way to the bed and touch it before climbing into bed. The sheets are made out of Agorian silk so it's fine. I've been wondering why they have Agorian things as well. Does the captain know where this stuff comes from?

I shrug it off for now because I'm exhausted and it's pointless worrying about it right now. I pull back the blanket and cuddle into the warmth around me. For once I finally felt human, if only for a moment.

Morning came and the Sun shining through the windows hit my face intensely irritating me. I want to sleep in some more. I cover my face with the pillow in an attempt to block the sun but out of nowhere the pillow is removed.

I shot my eyes open and sat up in the bed slowly rubbing my eyes of all the sleepiness. I look in the mirror and notice my contact is starting to fade; I need to take it out soon. My contact was made by my father to hide my green eye from people because everyone thought it wasn't normal and became afraid of me.
If I leave it in for more than a couple days It begins to fade and might not be usable anymore, so I have to be careful. If anyone finds out it'll only cause more problems for me that I already have.

I look over at Evan blankly clearly not amused with his attempt to wake me up and for a moment, he looked like he had a small smile. I look at him in surprise trying my best to hide my expression and he doesn't seem to make note of it.

He yanks the blanket off of me and grabs my arms before I get time to register that I need my gloves. I had stupidly taken them off during the night and now I don't have them. I start to panic as I try my best to not make contact with anything. I ball my hands into loose fists and attempt to hide them, luckily for me Evan doesn't notice because he's pulling me ahead.

He has a serious expression on his face as he pulls me and I begin to realize he hates poor punctuality. Is he taking me somewhere for breakfast? I'm super confused right now.

I watch our every move as we walk and he leads me into a large dining hall beneath the deck. Numerous people sit at tables drinking and laughing as they eat breakfast. Some of the men older, some younger, but what stands out to me is the fact that we are heading towards the captain.

I try to not touch anything as we walk by hoards of pirates messing around as they drink themselves crazy. They honestly look like fools, drinking and slurring their words as if they were actually having fun. I doubt anyone would be enjoying themselves afterwords.

I look over everyone of them in disgust as they down more and more alcohol. It smells like rum and all you can feel is nauseousness walking into the room. I felt sick after looking at how they were acting.

Boys really can be disgusting, the only boys on the ship that are clean is Evan and the captain. The rest of them are like animals running around in the dirt and grime.

I almost bump into one of the younger pirates and he turns to glare at me but notices whom I'm with. He has dark black hair and is quite the looker but he's an ass I've seen him around before. What's his name? Eric I think? He's twenty five I'm pretty sure.

I've learned of who some of the pirates are even though I don't converse with them. "Oh it's the woman captain brought from shore." He mumbles disinterestedly as he turns towards his crew mates again.

If I could get away with melting his face off I'd totally do it. 'Wow, I'm starting to get violent. Must be from being around all these violent people.' I thought sourly as I tried to keep up with Evan.

The captain took another swig of his rum and locked his eyes on mine. I looked away quickly not wanting to keep a steady gaze and I hear him let out a irritated sigh. "Evan why'd you bring the girl? I've told you before, she's meant to be a prisoner, not a guest." He pinches his nose before suddenly getting up and walking towards me. He goes to walk past me but before he does, he looks at my hands and I stiffen.

"Why aren't you wearing your gloves? You normally wear them right?" He asks out of curiosity but I try to not scoff at his fake attitude.

What a poser.