Chapter 35

I keep thinking back to how gentle the captain had looked all of a sudden. His eyes lit up with an unknown emotion and he kept playing with my hair. I couldn't shake this uneasy feeling that settled in the pit of my stomach. Why is he acting so nice all of a sudden? I know I'm just a pawn to him. The mixed emotions, the stoic expression, his arrogant personality—everything about him shouts, "Avoid me!" But I can't seem to make avoid him after all.

I don't know why I can't seem to avoid him, I know I should but...
I wonder why I can't leave him alone. "Ugh! What's wrong with me?!" I yell in frustration as I rub my hands through my hair, causing my hair to go all over the place. "Don't get close to people, you'll only get hurt." I tell myself as I slap my face lightly to bring myself back to reality. 'He's a murderer, a player, and all he cares about is himself.' There's nothing good about getting closer to him.

I'm stuck in his room, wandering around bored because he seems to think I'm too sick to do anything. I feel fine though, I've never been sick before but I think I already got better because of the medicine father gave me. Although I feel like I shouldn't call it medicine, it didn't cure me—it cursed me.

On his wall in his room he's got pictures hanging everywhere, with wooden walls adorned with beautiful oak stain. It's well taken care of too, not something you'd expect from a grown male—let alone a captain of many other males. "Aya!!" I heard a loud shrilly cry echo from outside the door. 'Tessa?' "Tessa? What's wrong?" I don't hear an answer, rather a loud bang before the door flew open. I stood there shocked as she just kicked open the door.

   It wasn't just any door though, no the captains was made of hardwood; one of the hardest woods available to man and she kicked it open. I was too confused to register what was going on though because she grabbed my hand in her small one and dragged me down the long dark hallway. It's nighttime already?

"Aya don't talk okay? We're getting off now. We're finally gonna escape. It took me awhile to find an opening so nows our only chance." She whispered as we quietly walked down the pitch black hallway. We're finally leaving, thank the lord! I don't have to feel confused anymore! I followed behind Tessa and she led me to a small exit way where the boys were already waiting quietly.

"Aya didn't I tell you before? Don't leave the house, your a monster."

What—all of a sudden I have an incredibly painful headache. My eyes shut tight from the pressure on my head and I drop to my knees. I can hear my fathers voice for some odd reason.

"I warned you Aya, people will only hurt you."

The voice continued on and on, criticizing my every move. "N—No stop.." I whimpered as the voices got louder.

"Your a monster! You killed my daughter!"

More voices started to yell along with my father, they all said the same thing.

"Monster!"

"NO!" I yelled halfway until a hand covered my mouth. Tessa wrapped her arms around me and patted my back in comfort. "Shh, it's okay Aya, we need to leave before we do anything." I nodded at her and stood up—her small body balancing me as we walked off the ship. I didn't look back as we walked in fear I may not want to leave. 'Get yourself together Aya. They kidnapped you, threatened to kill you, and locked you in a nasty room where you got sick.' I thought sourly. They don't deserve your attention.

I kept up with Tessa and sure enough we made it far enough away that we could hide until morning. We found a small cave covered with foliage and managed to get all of us inside to keep warm. Tessa went to find some small twigs to make a fire so the rest of us all sat patiently, and sure enough, she came back with enough to cause just a small fire. That would be sufficient though, because we don't want to be seen by the crew. I stared at the small orange flames, that crackled and popped. It was a relaxing sight to behold, and the heat was pleasant. I started to feel myself nod off but I needed to stay awake—"you can sleep Aya. I know your exhausted, we'll be fine." Tessa said to reassure me. I looked at her blankly for a moment, worry slowly crawling up my back. "I promise Aya." She says once more and begrudgingly I nodded before getting comfortable against the cold ground. My eyes began to shut and deep sleep over took me.

I awoke to the sound of water and birds chirping in the distance. We weren't that far from the ocean where we had snuck off the ship. I was covered in dirt and grime from all the days I was stuck on the ship. I felt absolutely disgusting, I bet you couldn't even see my face from all the dirt. Being locked up in a dark mucky room didn't help either. I sat up slowly and yawned as I looked around me slowly. Tessa was already up scouting the area and the boys were fast asleep still, wrapped around Renee as she slept. They were so cute all cuddled up together like that.

I stood up and quietly worked my way towards the entrance of the cave. Tessa was hiding behind a bush, as she turned to look at me; she noticed something from the corner of her eye. She waved me over to her and I crouched beside her to look in the direction she was eyeing. Sure enough, twenty feet away was the captain with a dark expression on his face. No signs of worry or sorrow, just anger. He had his hands clenched into fists and his face was so scrunched up in rage, I feared he'd snap somebody with just his cold gaze. He scanned the area frantically in search of something—or rather, someone. I drew in a deep breath and dared not move or else he'd surely find us. Tessa and I both stood as still as possible, watching his every move.

He stayed in the same area scanning for about twenty minutes, looking around the bushes and trees for any possible hiding spots. We stayed in our position and he didn't seem to notice us. We looked at each other in relief when he finally walked away cursing. "Fuck! Just wait until I find you guys!" He snarled as he punches a tree, causing every hair on my body to stand to attention. My eyes widened in fright as I watched him walk away. His shoulder squared and ready to kill. If he found us, who knew what would happen.

Hey everyone if you liked this chapter please vote and comment! Share this story with your friends too it's much appreciated. :D

What do you think of Aya and the captains relationship? I'm working hard and developing it properly. I'm thinking of changing the captains name to Aaron at some point but for now until I get around to editing, it'll stay as Aeonis for now.

Thank you everyone who read this chapter! I love you all so much!! XD

-Sabrina Allen

Ps— The pic at the top is a cosplay of the character Shokudaikiri from touken ranbu. It came out pretty cool I think. It's not me by the way, just an awesome cosplayer!