12

Adora

I pulled up to the King residence and noticed one more car than usual out front, making my eyebrows knit together. Maybe they'd gotten a new car. It looked expensive, so it was highly likely it was theirs.

I opened my door and stepped out, pulling my sunglasses off of my face. I closed my door after grabbing my bag out of the passenger seat, walking up to the door. I slid my key in and was met with Freddy and Josiah sitting at the counter, warming my heart.

"Mi amor!" Josiah greeted, hopping down from his stool. I smiled and wrapped an arm around him, pulling them both into me.

"I missed you two!"

They both pressed kisses to my cheeks and I just giggled and stood up, watching Alessandra's eyes narrow in my direction.

"Hi, Alessandra," I daringly greeted, making her fold her arms over her chest.

"I should be back in a few hours."

"Okay," I said, emphasizing the o.

She narrowed her eyes at me once more and grabbed her purse, sliding her sunglasses down on her face. I lifted an eyebrow and sighed, kneeling down to the boys' height. "So, what fun things are we going to do today?"

I heard the door slam and the boys just shrugged. "Whatever you want, niñera."

I just giggled and grabbed them both, showering their cheeks with kisses. "Want some lunch?"

They nodded, climbing back onto their stools. I quickly whipped up some macaroni and cheese, distributing it to the boys before sitting down beside them.

"Hey, where's your papa?" I asked, nudging Freddy's arm.

He swallowed his macaroni and cheese, pointing to the hallway. "He's in his big room that he doesn't let anyone else in!"

I giggled, sloppily raking my fingers through his hair. "Thank you, amor."

I hopped down from my stool and took slow strides towards his office, slightly pushing open the door.

"San, there's a reason they all called me the A Express in high school. A fucking train."

My eyes dilated at the statement made from the man standing beside Santiago.

"Okay, time for the truth, Asad, we all know I'm bigger. The King Train lives up to its name."

I felt my cheeks burn red, my eyes rounded as I basically fell against the door. They both turned around and I just stared at the man next to Santiago, his blue eyes piercing into my own.

"Well, who is this little..." he took a minute to give me a one-take, his eyebrow cocking up at my chest, "homewrecker?"

He nudged Santiago's elbow and Santiago's eyes rolled. "She's my babysitter."

"Your babysitter?" The man's eyes wandered over to Santiago, his lips curling up into a smile, "what kind of babysitting do you do, exactly? I might be needing some of your... services."

I just laughed and looked away.

"Seventeen, A, seventeen." I could hear the warning in Santiago's voice, his eyebrow cocked up at this mysterious A.

"Eighteen," I corrected, earning eyes from both of them, "next week."

A's eyebrows shot up, a smile tugging at his lips. Santiago's eyes narrowed into thin slits. I shot him a glance and looked back at A, shooting him a naughty smile.