50

song: people that you must remember by Zulu Winter - i thought it was fitting :)

three months later

Adora

London had always seemed like just a dream- like it couldn't have been true even if I'd wanted it to be.

But here I was, throwing everything to my name in a cardboard box to go for five years.

I was still in awe. A school in London had accepted me. The feeling was inexplicable.

It was bittersweet leaving Seattle. Seattle held so many memories, good memories at that.

I slipped my hands in my back pockets, biting down on my bottom lip as I examined my room closely. A room that had been cramped was now mostly empty, other than my mattress that was lying on the floor for me to sleep on one last time.

I soaked it in. I knew I still had a night here, but soaking things in when you're sleeping is nearly impossible, so I chose to do it when I was awake.

I turned around and saw Zayn standing in the doorway, eyebrows lifted as he looked around my room. "Wow. It really is empty."

I nodded. "Yep. How's Bren's room coming along?"

Zayn and Brenna had put their pride aside exactly three months ago. They'd been inseparable, and I couldn't help but to be beyond happy for them. They deserved each other.

"It's going good. She has a hard time keeping focus."

"She must be listening to a podcast she can argue with."

"You're right," He chuckled out, holding a hand up for a high-five.

I giggled and we high-fived. Brenna walked in my room, hands on her hips.

"Wow! Looks nice, Adds. Good and empty."

I smiled and nodded.

"Tomorrow's the big day! Can you even believe it?"

I shook my head, biting down on my lip. "I can't even begin to believe it."

"Well, you better start believing it. I can't wait to move into the Maali mansion, number two," she sighed, her head falling on Zayn's shoulder.

"You're going to be disappointed, sweet," he said, giving her arm a good pat as he kissed her forehead.

"Oh, God!" She yelled, "is it going to be three stories instead of five? Roughing it!"

"Ha," Zayn chuckled, "funny."

"You know I'm teasing," she said, leaning up for a kiss.

I slipped my hands in my back pockets, awkwardly standing there as their kiss became more intense by the second.

"Okay, okay," I said, "get a room, lovebirds."

They both laughed and I squeezed in between the two. "Who else is ready for new adventures?"

I was soon enveloped in a group hug, earning a giggle.

"Hey!" Landon screeched, "I want in!"

And we finished off our day with a group hug.

~*~

the last official section of Homewrecker (book one). Thank you guys so much for putting your faith in this book. I appreciate you guys more than you'll ever know. <3 I can't wait for you guys to read the second book!