48

Santiago

I walked into my bedroom, fighting the urge to turn back around when I saw Alessandra pulling clothes out of the closet. I stood against the door and she eventually looked over at me, smiling.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm packing up my stuff. Hey, can I make a deal with you?"

"Sounds dangerous, I don't know."

"Funny." She rolled her eyes. "How about you keep one set of cookware and I keep the other. Deal?"

"Deal."

She giggled, throwing some clothes on the bed. She walked into the closet, and I pushed myself off of the door.

"I don't want you to feel like you can't come back."

She lifted an eyebrow, grabbing a few articles of clothing to throw on the bed.

"To visit."

She smiled, nodding. "I know, I know, there's an extra guest bedroom."

"There's actually, like, seven that aren't being used."

"Except the one Adora stays in."

"Pardon?" I asked. I hadn't expected that answer from her, not yet, considering everything was so fresh.

She knitted her brows together. "The guest room that Adora stays in? And other things happen in, but we don't have to get into those details."

I sat on the bed, bracing my elbows on my thighs. Alessandra knew I was being silent for a reason.

"I mean, she hasn't slept in my bed, has she?"

I hesitated, looking up at her. "Sandra-"

Her eyebrows went into a deep furrow, and I made sure to fill the silence before she could launch herself at me.

"Sandra, there's probably no telling what you did with Mateo in th-"

"I kept him out of our bed!" She yelled, dropping the hangers in her hands.

"I am not arguing with you about this."

"I am!" She yelled, "we made the boys on this bed, Santiago! And now you're making kids with someone else!"

She squealed and I knitted my brows together. "You really need to finish getting your shit together. Or do you need me to help you, considering you're a child?"

"I'm not done," she scoffed, "you don't get to dismiss me like you do everyone else."

"I am."

"Where else have you two fucked?" She asked, and I could hear the spite in her voice. She folded her arms over her chest and I turned around to face her.

"Far more places than you and I have, I'll leave it at that."

"I'm sure you'd fit right in in prison."

"I'd love to see your ass try," I said, "to find a fucking reason to send me to prison."

"You cheated on your wife!"

I chuckled. "Try making a case out of that. If that was a crime, that'd be unfortunate for about half the population, you included."

She grabbed my arm, pulling me into her.

"I can draw on a few bruises, fake some tears, really ruin your life."

I ripped my arm from her grasp, my jaw taut. "Again, I'd love to watch your ass try."