25

like the banner ? i think it's kinda like captivating and meticulous but only bc i made it -jay (jk) but if you guys want to make a banner or cover feel free to! we'd love to see your guys' work :)

Santiago

I opened the door quietly, but stopped in my tracks when I saw Alessandra asleep on the couch, tears staining her cheeks.

I hated making Alessandra cry.

I closed the door behind me and raked a hand through my hair. I wasn't drunk. Actually, I wasn't anywhere near drunk. But I'd drank enough to forget a little bit of what I said, so I really wasn't aware why she was crying.

I tip-toed through the kitchen, placing my phone and keys on the counter as silently as possible.

"Busy night?"

I looked over my shoulder and saw Adora on the couch, propped up on an elbow. She wiped her eyes with one hand, letting out a yawn.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Don't act so happy to see me," she sarcastically muttered, "and your wife called me. Crying, actually."

"Why was she crying?" I asked, furrowed brows.

"You're brushing her off. You should probably stop doing that," she said, standing up to walk towards me. I watched as she did so and shook my head when she got to me.

"Are you trying to tell me how to treat my wife?"

"No," she drawled out, "but Alessandra and I are a bit... closer now."

"No you're not," I deadpanned, rolling my eyes as I opened the fridge door. Maybe Adora was a bit naive.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked.

"Alessandra's not the type to get close," I whispered, "she's trying to get into your head."

"Or she could just be a nice person?" She said, "you know, not everyone's spiteful."

"I think you put a little bit too much trust in people."

She shrugged. "Partially true, but I know that Alessandra wasn't just trying to get into my head earlier. She was crying, Santiago, and it was because of you."

"You know, that's awful."

She furrowed her brows together. "You know, you're so heartless, it's inexplicable."

"Not heartless," I nonchalantly added, "if I was heartless, I wouldn't be so nice to you."

She let out a laugh, making me slap a hand over her mouth.

"Wake the dead, why don't you?" I snapped, pulling my hand away from her.

"You wreak of beer, and your wife must be a heavy sleeper, considering how you've been yelling."

She shot me a smile and I rolled my eyes.

"Who were you drinking with?" She asked, resting her chin in her palms, "your hot friend?"