32

Adora

I peeled my eyes open and let out a sigh, rubbing my tired eyes. I stretched before sitting upright, brushing my hair away from my face.

I looked over at my clock and my eyes went round. I'd overslept.

I stood up, yawning as I hurried inside the bathroom. I sloppily brushed my hair and teeth, quickly shutting out the light. I decided to save my shower for later, considering I was already late and I'd basically dug my own grave.

I quickly exited my room, but stopped in my tracks at the sight of Zayn standing in my kitchen.

I froze. I hadn't seen Zayn since our falling out at the coffee shop.

"Good morning, star shine," he greeted, a small smile on his face as he sipped his apple juice, "and the earth says, hello."

I couldn't help but to crack a small smile, walking towards him. "Hey, Zee."

I cautiously walked into the kitchen and bit down on my bottom lip, bracing my elbows on the counter beneath me.

"Listen," I blurted, "I'm sorry."

He finished off his apple juice, placing his coffee cup in the sink. "I'm over it. I was just waiting to see how long it would take you."

I shook my head, tucking a chunk of hair behind my ear. "There's just a lot going on."

He nodded, bracing his elbows on the counter. "I understand."

"And I guess I don't really know how to deal with more than one thing going on at a time. God, there's so much," I muttered, more to myself than to him.

"Does it have something to do with Mr. King?" He asked.

I looked over at him. You can't tell him.

"Actually, you have no idea how much it has to do with him," I blurted, and nearly slapped myself. My stupidity was unmatched.

He smiled. "Just know that I know."

I looked over at him, a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

"You're not that hard to see through. I could tell the morning at the coffee shop."

"I don't even know-"

He wrapped a comforting arm around my neck. "It's okay, Adds. I'm not going to tell anyone."

I wrapped my arms around his middle.

He pulled away from me before looking down at me. "It is mutual, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, of course."

He smiled, looking down at his watch. "I think you're late."

My eyes went as round as saucers. "I think you're right. Oh, God-"

He cut me off with a comforting hand wrapped around mine. "You know you can tell me anything, Adds. Your secret's safe with me."

I smiled a warm smile, letting go of his hand. "Yeah."

Now all I have to do is break it to Bren.

~*~

Adora

I giggled as Josiah launched himself at me for what seemed like the thousandth time. "Okay, niñera's arms are tired."

I stood up, brushing off my backside. I looked over at Freddy, only to find him sitting on the couch with a look of despair on his face.