28

Santiago

I tapped my pen against my desk, looking at the papers in front of me with furrowed brows.

Divorce Application Form.

The words stung, and they were just on paper.

Never had I ever thought that I'd be looking at these, let alone filling them out.

Why would she do such a thing?

I couldn't feel guilty, it wasn't in my nature. I'd fucked Adora, I was aware.

I couldn't feel bad considering that Alessandra had done worse, so much worse.

It wasn't even the cheating part. That stung, but not nearly as bad as the fact that it was with my own brother.

Who could stack up to Mr. King himself?

How was it not completely obvious?

I was doubting my intelligence. Every second of the day I was asking myself how I hadn't figured it out.

All the times she'd been a little bit too nice to him. All the times she'd come home late from not too far away. All the times she'd gotten jealous.

It was completely obvious, and I couldn't feel bad for myself since I wasn't able to figure it out.

I heard a knock on my doors and I cleared my throat, pulling my glasses off of my face. "Come in."

The doors opened and I looked to the side. My jaw went taut as soon as I caught a glimpse of Mateo strolling in.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds before opening them to see him staring at me, an eyebrow lifted.

"Why haven't you answered my calls, hermano?"

I ignored him. I knew if I paid any mind to him, I'd lose it.

And I didn't feel like losing it today.

"Okay," Mateo mumbled, his hands on his hips, "let's try this again, why haven't you answered my calls?"

I stood up from my chair and nearly threw a punch at him, but I wouldn't let myself. I calmed myself down before clearing my throat, taking a few steps towards him. "Why were you fucking my wife?"

Mateo's lips parted. I watched his eyebrows furrow.

"Okay, let's try this again," I mocked, "why were you fucking my wife?"

"San, I have an explanation."

"Is that so?" I asked, "is there really an explanation for that?"

Mateo lifted an eyebrow.

"I'll give you the closest to an explanation there is. You're a no good, attention seeking pussy. You can't find anyone else to love you, so you take what others have."

I watched his hands roll into fists and I continued to tell him exactly how I felt of him.

"You've always been jealous of me, Mateo. I can see it, everyone can. Even Alessandra can, no matter how much of a man you think she sees you as-"