41

Adora

I nothing short of rolled out of bed, taking the covers with me. I hadn't actually heard my alarm go off in years, it seemed. I was always awake before it could go off.

I sat up and hit my head on my nightstand, letting out a curse word. I rubbed the top of my head and shot myself a disgusted look as soon as I saw myself in the mirror.

I stood up and let out a loud yawn, looking down at my phone. I saw a few random news alerts, but stopped when I saw a notification from Zayn.

[From: Zee]
Hey, stay safe today. I know Bren is pissed ha.

I rolled my eyes and threw my phone on my bed, walking into my bathroom. I examined my face in the mirror. My skin had been crystal clear for weeks, but now that I had something to stress over, I'd probably have numerous pimples appear all in the span of a day.

I rolled my eyes again, stripping myself of my clothes. I turned on the shower and grabbed a towel from the rack above my head, throwing it on the counter.

I enjoyed a quick shower, but long enough to ignore Brenna for a few extra minutes.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my towel around my body, walking into my bedroom to find Landon sitting on my bed. I held my towel closer to me.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked.

"Asking you why the hell you spilled the beans!" He whisper-yelled, closing my door silently.

I opened my drawer, grabbing a fresh pair of underwear and a bra. "I didn't spill any beans. Santiago dropped me off and she found out."

"Well, she's in a pissy mood."

"I'm not surprised."

"Seriously, Addy, we talked about this, she's all about morals."

"Lan, I understand that. I'm not going to initiate any drama. I'll keep my distance, she'll keep hers. We're grown."

I stepped into the bathroom, stepping into some clothes before grabbing my jacket to exit my room. Landon cautiously followed and I walked out into the kitchen, avoiding eye contact with Brenna. I placed my phone on the counter and brushed past her to get to the fridge.

I closed the fridge a bit more violently than I could have, earning judgmental eyes from Brenna.

"No good morning text from your boyfriend?" She asked, folding her arms over her chest. I could hear the blatant spite in her voice.

"Brenna, what are you talking about?" I nonchalantly asked, looking over at her.

She shrugged. "You're just really pissy."

"Okay, don't start," I said, shaking my head.

"Don't start?" She asked, eyebrows lifted, "okay, Adora."

She shot me a rude smile and pushed past me.

"I don't get why you're so hung up on it."