Lai Kuanlin

word count- 644
type- sad, fluff

I was laying in bed at 2AM, crying my eyes out because, my now ex-boyfriend, cheated on me with some blonde haired cheerleader. I texted my best friend Lai Kuan Lin for some needed comfort but, he never replied back.

"Hmm, that's weird. Kuanlin always answers. Oh well, it is 2AM after all. I just hope he answers it in the morning." I laid down and got comfortable, feeling my eyelids get heavy.

'BANG!' I jumped up, falling out of my bed and hitting the floor. Hard.

"Owww!" I slowly stood up and rubbed my hurt shoulder. The loud noise came from outside my room window, I opened it up and saw Kuanlin holding on to my window.

"Lin! What the hell are you doing!? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" He looked at me with an unbelievable look.

"Shut up and help me, (y/n)!" I sighed and shook my head, pulling him up into my room. I turned on my bedside lamp and gasped.

"Kuanlin! Oh my gosh, are you okay?" The light showed bruises covering his face and his bleeding forehead and busted lip.

I took him into the bathroom connected to my room and made him sit on the toilet. I grabbed a cloth and wet it with warm water and kneeled in front of his large, beaten up frame.

"Lin, are you going to tell me what happened now?"

"Well I paid a visit to (y/ex/n)'s house and we had a disagreement. Oh and umm" he scratched his head.

"Why didn't you tell me he was into boxing?" I giggled and started doctoring his bleeding forehead.

I looked at him from under my eyelashes and smirked "I'd like to see (y/ex/n) wounds. I bet he's worse."

Kuanlin smiled and then winced when I caressed his cheek which was a purple-ish color. I went to take my hand back until Kuanlin grabbed it, ever so gently.

"I'm sorry Lin, for this." Mentioning to his wounds, I wiped away the blood from his mouth and suddenly he pulled me into his lap, placing his hands on my hips, causing me to straddle him. I looked at him and saw nothing but love in his now darker brown eyes.

"(y/n), you know that I will always protect you, right? no matter what!?"
I nodded confused.

"Of course, I know that." We sat there staring at each other in silence. After what seemed like forever, I finally spoke up.

"Kuanlin, can I tell you something?" He responded almost immediately

"Anything." I took a deep breath and looked at him, locking our gaze.

"I-I'm in love with you, Kuanlin I always have been, I just...I just thought you didn't feel the same so I dated (y/ex/n) to try and get over you but, it didn't. In fact, I think I'm more in love with you than before."

Kuanlin stared at me with a blank expression. I began to worry because he didn't say anything until, he responded by crashing his lips to mine. I kissed him back, eagerly, wrapping my arms around his neck, relaxing because he felt the same way I did.

Slowly pulling away, Kuanlin whispered in a throaty voice, "You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear those words come out of your mouth. (y/n) you're my world, my everything. Ever since I met you in 6th grade, I knew you were the one. Not once have I second guessed my feelings for you. (y/n) I am totally and completely head over heels in love with you."

I smiled so big my cheeks hurt and I pulled him into a long passionate kiss. That night, we made up for all the time we've missed not being together.
like cuddling and talking about random things and stealing pecks.

(no dirty things)

28|4|18
edited