OngNiel

requested howtowastelife

⚠⚠

word count- 675
type- angst, cute, gay

Daniel flops down on his bed and stares at is phone, feeling nothing but numb. His phone was constantly buzzing and with each message it brought a new load of love and also hate. In his mind though, all he could see was the hate. Each message was tearing him down emotionally.

"Why is this guy 'famous' anyways!? He's just useless, how did he even get number 1 in Pd101 S2. God, I hate @daniel_kang"

It was the simplest things that was breaking him. Now Daniel didn't know what to do with this hopeless feeling in his heart, so he does the only thing he can think of. Calling his best friend Seongwoo. It always comforts him, no matter what's going on in his life.

"Hey, man! Whats up?" Seongwoo answers happily.

"I-I can't do this anymore, Seongwoo!" Daneil takes a deep breath in and trys not to let more tears flow from his eyes. He fails and the salty liquid runs down his heated cheeks.

"Woah, Woah! Daniel, whats going on!?!" Seongwoo asks confused.

"All this hate. I can't deal with it." Daniel curls up against his pillow and lets out a sob.

"It'll be okay. Just calm down and breathe!" Seongwoo tries to instruct him.

"No. It's not going to be okay, Seongwoo hyung!" Daniel whines. "Everything's going wrong."

"Hey! I don't want you talking like that. Everything's perfectly fine."

"You don't know that."

"I do." Seongwoo smiles to himself. "I'll be over soon, okay?"

"No! I'll be fine!" Daniel sighs.

"Too bad!! I'll be there soon."
Click.

Daniel slams his iphone onto the table beside his bed and lets out another whine. Seongwoo would be so pissed at him and now Daniel was way to tired and weak to go and hide anything. The clock on the nightstand reads 1:30am, so Daniel figures that Seongwoo is bluffing. With red, puffy and swollen eyes Daniel finally drifts into a restless sleep.

"What the hell!?" Seongwoo gasps.

Daniel rubs his sore eyes and looks up at the boy with blurry vision. He sits up and reaches towards the nightstand, but Seongwoo beats him to it. Seongwoo holds the metal blades in his hands and looks down at Daniel with wide eyes. Daniel looks up at his best friend with watery eyes and his lip trembling.

"Show me your arms." Seongwoo demands.

"No." Daniel crosses his arms like a child.

"Kang Daniel, I swear to god you better show me those fricking arms! NOW!" Seongwoo says angrily, yanking the bed covers off of Daniel's body.

Daniel holds his arms out stiffly and Seongwoo gently grabs his wrists. He inspects the swollen red cuts and Daniel winces in pain. Seongwoo watches him with a hurt and angry expression. Daniel was almost terrified.

"Why would you do that to yourself!?!" Seongwoo whispers.

"I-I don't know." Daniel whispers. "I wasn't thinking straight...It felt...Good."

"I'm really disappointed in you." Seongwoo turns away from his best friend and lets out a huff of air.

"I-I'm sorry." Daniel whispers. He pulls his knees to his chest and lets out another sob.

"But...Regardless." Seongwoo sits on the bed and pulls Daniel into his arms. "I still love my cute marshmallow."

Daniel looks up at him and now smiles at him. Daniel hadn't heard that nickname in multiple months and he still remembers how he got it as well. When they had first met, Seongwoo had told him that he looks like a cute little marshmallow when he laughs.

"You what?" Daniel whispers. He was dying to hear it once more.

"You heard me." Seongwoo smirks. "I still love my cute Marshmallow!"

Seongwoo looks down at Daniel who is smiling and he grins. Being able to make him smile once more just made him so happy. Daniel reaches up and pulls Seongwoo close to him, before placing his own lips on his. Seongwoo tenses up at first, but instead just loosens his lips into the soft, slow and sweet kiss. Daniel pulls back and snuggles deeper into his lap.

"I love you too, hyung"