Kang Daniel (3)

I've been sitting in my car for the last two hours contemplating whether I should talk to Daniel or not. B1A4 played lightly in the background with their song "Rollin' ". It was honestly one of my favourites as it had the upbeat to it. The song always reminds me of Daniel and I can remember last spring when it came out; we both listened to it like crazy. The fact that he may have dropped the bet like Seongwoo said he did, is mind boggling.

That day in my room when Daniel came to talk about Nayeon, I was sure that I lost him. That he burrowed himself so deeply in his pride with him being the closest to winning the bet. I had no doubt he wasn't my best friend anymore. I was convinced that one Thursday night, some alcohol, and the minds of the teenage boys changed his mind into something sick. And the bet was born.

But then Daniel goes and does stunts like this and it makes me want to pull my hair out. It makes it million times worse to decipher if he is good or bad.
I put my car in reverse backing out of my driveway. I crossed my fingers tightly praying this conversation wouldn't end up with us blowing up at one another.

The car ride was fairly easy considering I've been thinking about driving to his house for the past two hours. Now the hard part was walking up to his front door.

I checked my appearance in the rear view mirror, wishing I would have put a little make-up on today. My hair was sloppily thrown in a high messy pony tail and I wore a big T-shirt with leggings. If someone put my picture next to a garbage can, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I carefully got out of my car taking precaution to see if anybody except Daniel and his family was here. Luckily I only saw Daniel's car so none of his friends were over yet. I stalked towards Daniel's front door trying to determine whether I should knock or just walk in?

I decided to knock considering I haven't seen him in almost 4 months. My knuckles click against the wood making the hollow sound. I rocked back and forth on my heels waiting for an answer. Nothing. I knocked again except harder and once again there was no answer.

I huffed opening the door into Daniel's huge house. It was silent as my feet creaked across the floor boards.

"Daniel it's me (y/n)" I called walking towards the stairs. Still nothing.

I groaned stomping upstairs hoping he was in his room. I turned left and then right in the halls looking at the pictures on the walls. It felt like I was just in here yesterday. I felt my chest grow heavy and my feet start to drag as I saw Daniel's room at the end of the hall.

I tip tied towards his door taking a deep breath before I decided to knock. A few moments passed until the door swung open.

Daniel

I was currently listening to "Rollin' " by B1A4 as I tried not to feel like my heart was empty without her. I screw up majorly in my life and I wasn't doing anything about it, besides moping of course. That's what I always best at ruining relationships and then feeling miserable about them. I push any possible person that could care for me away.

(y/n) was different though. She was my best friend. And I loved her. I didn't have the balls to tell her I loved her. Maybe if I did things would have been different.

The song began to fade as there was a knock on my door. I knotted my eyebrows together before standing up. I swung the door open to meet eyes with the person I least expected. (y/n).

"Oh uhm ah hi" she bashfully spoke as her cheeks turned a light pink.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned with shock in my voice. She frowned biting her lip. "I mean.. I thought you hated me" I scratched my neck walking into my room as she followed.

"Well I do"she stated.

Ouch.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I already knew that. If that's all then I can kindly show you the way out".
"But I came to clarify something I was told early" she spoke strongly.

"And that would be?" I slumped on my bed running a hand over my face.

"Did you drop out of the bet?" her voice shock looking at the picture of us on my night stand. It was a picture of us two years ago when we went camping. We both were laughing and eating s'mores in front of the camp fire.

I shrugged. "Kinda."

"It's either a yes or no question. Did you drop out of the bet?" she nagged before she tore her eyes away from the picture.

"Yes" I croaked.

Silence.

"Oh" she hummed in deep thought.

"Why did you do that?".

I sighed growing agitated. If I would have known she was coming over to ask me 20 questions I would have locked my door.

"Because I screwed up!" I shouted. "I screw up everything. And I was to stupid to notice. I screwed you over and I was stupid for doing that", I pulled at the ends of my hair. "I've been regretting that since the day I left you alone in your room."

(y/n)'s eyes widened at my sudden outburst and vulnerability.

"Yeah you were stupid" she laughed agreeing. "And you did screw me over". I shamefully looked down as she walked towards me. "You were even a little cocky".

My eyes widened as there was one door between our faces. "Thanks for making me feel like shit" I stuttered looking at her plump lips.

"But you always tell the truth" she inched closer to my face. "And I love you for that" she connected her lips to mine.

I gulped before I came into realization that the girl of my dreams was kissing me. I kissed her back delicately as I brought my hand up to cup her face. As a few seconds she pulled away smiling.

"Wow I love you" I cooed kissing her cheek.