Yoon Jisung (2)

cont..

⚠⚠⚠

word count- 1291

His eyes nearly bulged out of his sockets. "He did what?!"

"You heard me" I mumbled, my face burning as the tears continued to roll.

"H-How... How did you find out?" He asked curiously. "Did he tell you himself?"

"Somewhat" I responded playing nervously with my fingers, "I was staying over at his house before I came here and we were in his room...kissing. I traced the outline of my French manicure trying to remember the events chronologically.

"A-And?" He spatted out.

"And awhile later, he suggested to get us some drinks so I agreed " I said with a pause to reassure everything was okay. "But while he was gone, his phone beeped... He got a text."

"From who?" He asked curiously.

"Some girl. The girl he slept with" I added. "It said how she missed him and shit like that, so I decided to confront him about it. The minute I mentioned it, his facial expression just screamed he was guilty, and I knew it. We had a fight and I ran home but later, when I wasn't getting any sleep, I decided to come here. So... I'm sorry if I woke you up."

"It's alright,(y/n). But you have to listen to me." He soothed comfortingly. "Taemin is the biggest jerk in the entire universe. I honestly don't even know why you're giving him so many chances!" I sighed listening to the truth. Why didn't I just listen to Jisung in the first place...

"He has broken your heart too many times and I don't know if you forgot about this but he has slapped you once. I'm the only person you ever told that too. (y/n), he may have apologized for that, but it doesn't make him innocent." His voice spoke of honesty and compassion.

I sobbed even harder into his chest before shaking my head. "I don't know.. I thought I loved him. I thought I could work through it because love deserves more than one second chance. I just don't know anymore, Jisung."

"I confronted him about the way he's been treating you" He whispered silently. "I warned him that it won't end well if he kept at it."

"And I love you for being so protective" I squeezed him playfully and felt as his arm tensed up. I heard a jumble of words escape out of Jisung's mouth while I took an unexpected yawn. I pulled away in confusion, "what?"

"Nothing" he cleared his throat, I looked up at him to see him staring into the hallway.

I eyed him carefully and slowly before dismissing the subject. "Jisung... Can I please sleepover?" I begged with the biggest puppy dog eyes. The last thing I was thinking about was driving home and laying in that bed, alone.

He turned away before he spoke, "Anytime and you know that", playing with the tip of my shirt.

"Thanks " I smiled, and just so you know.. I finally did it." A burst of relief filled my eyes, and the tears started to slow with exhaustion.

He flickered his gaze back to me "Did what?"

I took a deep breath before facing reality. "I broke up with him. It's about time too." I gulped

"You'll be happier this way, trust me," he said before standing up leaving me unattended.

"Where are you going?" I said with a urge of sensitivity in my voice.

"I'll make us some tea. You just sit there and get yourself comfortable." He knew me so well. I remember when we were younger we'd stay up and just talk. About anything and everything. Those were the days.

"Okay I will be sleeping here anyway" I shrugged.

"On the couch?! Are you crazy?" He scolded. "You'll be sleeping in my bed. Meanwhile, I think I can handle one night on the couch."

I pouted, bringing up my legs into a cross and then wrapping my arms around them."Why don't we just both sleep on your bed?" We'd both be comfortable." I suggested. I wished he would agree, I wasn't ready to spend a night alone.

"I-I don't know " his voice shook with concern.

"Why?" I smiled lightly. "I don't have a contagious disease, I promise." I finished with a chuckle.

He let out a small laugh before looking at me. "Does that mean you have a disease? Just that it's not contagious?"

"No I'm clean" I responded with a laugh. I'm pretty sure Taemin doesn't have STD no matter how much of a player he is."

"Yeah.." He whispered awkwardly.

"Why don't you go on upstairs to my room and wait for me? I'll have tea ready for us by the time I get there."

"Sounds good." My lips shut into a thin line as I looked up at him, "Do... You need help with the tea?" I pleaded in my head he would nod so I wouldn't have to spend another minute alone.

"No." He replied quickly my wish not being granted.

"Okay." I spoke as I fiddled with the grey cable-knit sweater on my petite figure. I began to retreat up the wooden steps.

I sprinted down the hallway and jumped on his bed. I stumbled with the sheets for a few seconds until I got into a comfortable position. I pulled the comforter on top of me as the warmth crept into me.

I heard something slam down stairs.

"Jisung, you okay down there?" I said curiously peering down the hallway. I tilted my head for a few seconds waiting for an awaited response. Nothing. I pulled out my phone.

SLIDE TO UNLOCK
Password- 6-1-8-3

"I should really change that" I mumbled as I went to my settings. I don't want to be reminded of a freaking shitty relationship everyday. Screw that date. Screw him. I went on to every social media website and changed my relationship status to a lonely awaited "single".

"Hey I'm back" Jisung knocked on the door lightly. I looked up feeling my heart skip a beat. He looked so hot with his hair in every which way. I shook my head, he is your best friend! Nothing more and nothing less.

I faked a grin as I thanked Jisung for the tea. I cradled the warm glass china wear in my hands, taking a sip of the hot tea. Quickly I fanned my mouth from it burning my tongue. "Hot hot" I spoke causing Jisung to laugh.

"How many times do I have to tell you-" I cut him off.

"Let it cool down before you take a sip" I waved my hand at him mocking my mothers tone, which she would be proud of herself.

Jisung smiled at me with longing in his eyes. He was hiding something, I've seen that look one to many times.

"What's up? I know something is so don't lie" I squinted my eyes wanting answers.

"(y/n)... I like you a lot... I never said anything because well you were with Taemin. I want to show you how much I love you because your the most beautiful girl I know" Jisung licked his lips as his brown eyes stared into mine. I smiled feeling a tear slip from my eye. I jumped into Jisung's arms wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Maybe we can try it out because I kinda like you too" I whispered into his ear biting my lip.

This is it, I told myself. A new beginning. This is where I make my choices. Be with the people who care for me. The people who are there on the good days and the bad days. And I think I'm starting in the right place, with my Yoon Jisung.