Bae Jinyoung

word count- 1110

You were having a hard time at school. Your mind just wasn't in the game anymore, the school game that is. You wanted to drop out but you knew you wouldn't be able to go anything not finishing high school. You only had a year left, after that you would be done. But you were failing and your teachers decided to have a meeting with your parents. This meeting included assigning you a tutor to help you through the assignments.

It wasn't like you didn't know what you were doing, you just didn't like to apply yourself. But having a tutor would completely allow you focus, unless they chose a hot senior. That would definitely cause you to be distracted instead. You needed to make it out of junior year, you couldn't be distracted.

It was the day of your first meeting with your tutor. The meeting was at 4 in the library, you were there at 3:55 waiting at a table. A few minutes later you were greeted with a smile from your tutor. "I'm Jinyoung, I'll be your tutor." He sat down across from you setting his bag on the table pulling out his notes and book bag before setting the bag on the ground. You did the same.

Why did they have to give you the one boy in the entire school that you had a crush on. Bae Jinyoung was the only boy you were hoping not to get because you knew you would end up getting no where with, you would be to distracted. You spent the next hour attempting to learn the material but ultimately failed because you were too busy staring at him.

He could see you had lost focus and closed his book. "Staring at me isn't going to make you smarter. If you really want to get out of this hell hole also known as school you might want to start using that brain." He tapped your head. "I know you have one in there, you used to be a straight A student." He stood up. "I'm going to give you 5 minutes to think." He left the library and you stared at your book.

He was good at noticing things but not acknowledging them until later on. 5 minutes of just thinking about what just happened passed and he re-entered the library and sat back down across from you. "So, what did you learn in those 5 minutes?" He looked at you.

"That I need to learn how to hide my staring." Did you really just say that aloud? Yes you did. "Oh shit, I mean that uh." You really messed up with that one. "I uh learned I need to get back on track. Yeah that's what I learned." He chuckled to himself. Wow you were now just a joke to him. You were an idiot you thought.

He took the last hour to reteach again what he had in the first hour. This time you took the staring down to a minimum and tried to pay attention the best you could. This went on for the rest of the semester. You spent every day after school for 2 and a half hours with this boy that you had a crush on since you entered high school. He was smart and funny. He had become a really good friend to you. He helped you pass junior year. He made school "fun" and "enjoyable" again. You looked forward to going to school just so you could make it to the end of the day to see him. It was a bad way to think of school but it didn't matter.

The school year was over and you had been given not only an amazing tutor but an amazing best friend. You may have just been a silly stupid junior at the beginning of it all but by the end the perception of you had been changed back to the person had been before.

You always went back to that first day when you saw Jinyoung walk into that library and sit down in front of you. How did he knew you had been a straight A student? It had always confused you. On the last tutoring session you had with him you decided to ask. "Jinyoung, how did you know about.." Before you could finish he stood up.

"I have my ways of knowing things. I'm not what you may think." He shrugged. "You (y/n), let's just say, you have a lot of good things coming your way. Senior year is going to be hard. You're going to want to give up but don't. Don't even think for a second to give up. If you ever need a reason to stay in school let me be your example of just how much being here can change things." He hugged you. "Good luck tomorrow on your final test. You better let me know how you did." He walked of the library.

He was awarded a prize for being the best student of his class. You wanted to show your appreciation for him, not only that, but you wanted him to know how you did on that last test so you showed up graduation. He was requested to give a speech so he gave an amazing final speech made up right at the moment, an inspiring one just like he had given to you in the library.

You walked up to him after the ceremony was over. "I passed the test." You smiled. "Oh and I should probably say, congratulations you know, on finally getting that diploma." You laughed a little and he smiled in return. "Grade? and thanks!."

"A 100 but I wouldn't have been able to get that grade without you so thank you for changing me and pushing me in the right direction."

"It was most I could do to thank you." You were shocked. Did you just hear him right? Thank you. Why would he need to thank you? "I can read your expression so clearly right now. I'm thanking you because you inspired my speech. I spent hours and hours working on that speech but it never turned out right. Not until that last tutoring session did it hit me on what to say. So thank you. Remember I may be leaving for college next year, but that doesn't mean I have to lose you." He hugged you tight and placed a kiss on your forehead.

"Thanks for getting me through senior year beautiful." There was something that you might have forgotten to mention. You scored the boy you always wanted. The prize was all yours.

which member next?