Lai Kuanlin

word count- 674

I sat in maths so bored that I considered banging my head off the table to keep myself awake. Suddenly the intercom turned on and the voice boomed.

"Can (y/n) please go to the principal's office" everyone turned looking at me and 'oohing'. I just rolled my eyes and hopped off the stool grabbing my school bag. I wasn't really worried. I couldn't think of anything bad that I had done, but then I started scaring myself. What if something has happened to a family member and they are about to tell me, then I will have to go live with my weird aunt that eats specific coloured food, so on Mondays we eat only things that are orange on Tuesday only blue things, Wednesday only pink things (😏) etc. I arrived at the office knocking on the door, I heard a voice say come in. I walked in and saw a boy sitting in a chair papers in his hand and his bag by his feet. He was very attractive and I instantly wondered if I looked alright.

"(y/n) thank you for coming, this is our new student Lai Kuanlin. I need you to show him around, I will let you off your next two classes, so you can show him his classes, the cafeteria, the gym" my principal said before turning his attention to his computer screen.

"Okay, come on Kuanlin" I said opening the door. We walked out, and started walking down the corridor.

"I'm (y/n) by the way"

"Nice to meet you" he smiled. For the next two classes I showed him around and learned a lot about him. He had moved from Taiwan, he likes rapping. When we had to go back to class, I showed him his room. I saw him again at lunch, it was kind of cute as he stood looking for someone to sit with. I waved at him telling him to come over and he looked relieved as he sat down.

"Hey" he smiled.

"Hey, how is it going?" I asked.

"Em..Interesting I guess, some people really don't like a new kid" he said taking a bit of his food.

"Don't worry about them, you have me, I like the new kid" I flirted slightly but I don't think he realised.

"Good, I think you are my only friend at the moment"

"Well you are very loveable, so you will make loads of friends. So have you seen any girls you might like?" I asked.

"No, no one looks like my type" I nodded, slightly sad at his answer.

Lunch ended and we went are separate ways, but we met outside school at the end of the day.

"Hey Kuanlin, are you getting a ride home?"

"No my cousin just texted telling me that she needs me to walk home, but I don't know which way to go" he said looking from left to right.

"What street do you live in?"

"s/n"

"I live there come on we can walk together" I said pointing in the direction. We started chatting about ourselves, and school, family and just random things. We arrived outside and said goodbye but as I went to walk away he called me.

"I lied today when I said that I didn't see any girls that were my type. There is this one girl. She is smart, beautiful, sassy, and funny. I want to ask her on a date but I don't know if it is too soon. But I am scared that if I wait to long she will find someone else" he sighed, my heart hurt a little bit but I pushed away my want and smiled.

"You should take a chance Kuanlin, you never know where it might lead" he nodded taking a deep breath.

"(y/n) will you go out with me tonight?" he asked. I was so shocked but my lips pulled into a large smiled and I started nodding.

"I would love to"

"I'll pick you up at 7" He winked walking away.