Part 3: Beauty and The Beast (Suga)

"Every just the same, Ever a surprise, Ever as before, And ever just as sure, As the sun will rise, woah . . ."

"Where did that come from?", the young woman asked again after not receiving an answer from either of them.

"W-w-where did what come from? I didn't hear anything, it must have been your imagination", the clock stuttered nervously.

"Yes, it was just your imagination", Hoseok agreed.

"No, I did not. I couldn't have imagine something like that", the woman said turning around and walking to where she had heard the screams come from. She walked down the corridor when more screams and pleas for help erupted out of nowhere, causing the woman to start sprinting to the screams with Hoseok and the clock following behind trying to stop her from going further.

After many turns and twists, the woman finds herself at a set of stairs that lead down below the castle. The spiral staircase is dimly lit with gaps of darkness in between the few candles that light the way down. As she slowly starts down the staircase, the candlestick pleads her to stop and come back to her room but she ignores him and continues. When she finally reaches the bottom of the stairs, she is faced by cells with iron bars on either wall. The woman creeps her way into the hall, looking in every cell to see if the man she heard was there, coming to the four cell is when she sees him.

Inside the cell was a man cuffed to the wall by his wrists, his ankles chained by thick chains attached to the wall. His head back against the wall allowing her to see the tears the run down his thin and beaten face, his brown hair dark from sweat and blood fall down his back and shoulders. He did not have a shirt so she was able to see his scarred and bruised chest, his eyes looked dull and lifeless until he saw her.

With sudden energy the man leans forward with desperate eyes and cries for help, "Please! Whoever you are please help me, before he returns!"

The woman rushed to the bars trying to find a way to open the cell and help the man, "How do I open it?"

"I don't know, just find a way! Please! Before he comes back!"

"Before who comes back? Who did this to you?"

"The Beast", the man whimpered fear in his eyes as he looks behind the woman.

Noticing that he had gone quiet, the woman stops to look behind her only to be meet with a figure hiding in the shadows. Shock and fear take over her body as she fell to the floor pressing her back against the bars of the cell.

The figure moved slightly to the right as it let out a roar like yell, "Who are you?! What are you doing in my castle?!"

Gathering her courage, the woman stood and stated, "I was offered a room, but that is not what is important. What is is that this man needs help, he's hurt and you are keeping him locked up and for what reason?"

"He tried to steal from me, it is what he deserves!", the figure roared not seeming phased by the woman words.

"Yes that was wrong of him, but I believe you have made your point! Let him go!"

Before the figure could yell at the woman again, Hoseok hopped up to whisper in the figure's ear, "Sir, before you decide to rip her apart please consider that she just so happened to stumble across the castle. She has to be here for a reason, I'm sure of it. I believe she could be the one to break the curse!"

This causes the figure to stop and think about the situation, before focusing his attention back on the woman in front of him, "I will let him go on one condition."

The woman stares at the figure and waits for him to continue, "And what would that be?"

"You must stay here in his place, you will live here in the castle and you will not leave ever."

The woman froze, she wanted the man to be set free but she didn't want to stay here for the rest of her life. After a few moments she looks up and says, "Come into the light."

Upon her request, the figure slides into the light to reveal a beast with the body of a bear, legs and a tail that resembled a wolf's. His head was large and buffalo like, the tusks of a wild boar and a long ruffled lion's mane of black fur, large black horns sticking out from the mane. Though what caught the woman's attention the most was his eyes, they were a dark brown and human like. Behind the anger she could see sorrow and loneliness.

"Well?", demanded the Beast as she stared at him.

"Fine, I'll stay with you if you release him."