Part 2: Aladdin (RM)

"I steal only what I can't afford (That's everything!), One jump ahead of the lawmen . . ."

    The old beaten wood creaks as RM pushes the door open. The door barely hanging onto the hinges.

    The blonde's nose is instantly assaulted by the smell of dust and dirt. He smiles at the familiar scent and ventures further into the old building. The floor was torn from the ground and the walls were cracked and chipping. The ceiling looked as though it could fall in on him at any moment, but he loved it.

    Sure, he could dream of better places with a better life, never having to be on the run from guards and the townspeople even. But this was his home, and he was okay with that.

    The young man with Hopie on his shoulder, climbing up the rickety stairs without much caution. Making his way to the second floor, where the wall facing the town had fallen down and is now a giant hole, he called out to his other roommate.

    RM reaches the second floor and places the bag of food in the corner of the room. He looks around before spotting his roommate laying on the ground, his eyes closed and his back propped against the gaping hole in the wall.

    RM chuckled at the sight of his sleeping friend as he made his way over to him.

    Sitting down on the edge of the wall, RM places his hand on his friends shoulder and shakes him slightly, "Hey, wake up Suga."

    Slowly the man opens his eyes and glares at RM before realizing who he's looking at and asking, "Where the food?"

    Suga sluggishly gets to his feet and makes his way over to the corner without RM's reply, having already spotted the bag.

    Suga is short and pale compared to the tall RM, but his skin is still fairly tan. His hair is also a dirty blonde, only Suga's is a lighter shade then RM's. Suga is skinny and has dark brown eyes as well.

    The two of them have been together almost all their lives

    The two of them have been together almost all their lives. They trust each other with their lives and would do anything for the other.

    Suga plops down next to RM and begins to rummage through the bag of food and other supplies. The blonde man is wearing ripped tan shorts and a holed black shirt, no shoes and his hair is a mess. Not that the man actually cares.

    Suga looks up at RM as he pulls out a apple and takes a bit before asking him, "Did you run into any trouble?"

    RM chuckled, "Of course, but don't worry. I got rid of them before coming back."

     Suga just laughed, "I wouldn't expect anything less from you. You alright?"

    "Yeah, I'm good."

     With that, the room went quiet, the men not wanting to break the comfortable silence that had engulfed them.

     RM looks out the broken wall at the sparkling stars that illuminated the city, making the outcast smile at the thought of being able to live in the city. To be able to have a life there without having to steal and cheat people out of their goods, to be accepted as a human being, not as some 'thing' that lives on the streets.

     A little farther into the distance stands the Sultan's Palace, towering over all the other buildings in the city. RM has always been fascinated with the palace, he's always wanted to walk through its halls and rooms. He wishes to know what it feels like to live in a place like that, to be able to have whatever you could ever want.

    Even as RM thinks these thoughts, he laughs to himself as he knows he is perfectly happy with what he has. Yes, it's hard sometimes, but he wouldn't have it any other way. He also knows that Suga doesn't want to live with people giving him everything he wants and needs, the older man wants to work for himself and earn his things, and RM couldn't agree more.

    The blonde man looks back at his now sleeping friend and smiles, 'Even if I agree with you, I still want to know what it's like to live in that palace. To live without fear of starving, without the fear of being killed, without the fear of being beaten for simple stepping foot in the city.'

———————————————————————

ITS BEEN FOREVER!! IM SO SORRY!! 😭😭

I've been forgetting so much lately because it's been so hectic! My brother just got married to the love of his life, so I guess that's a good excuse for being this late! 😂

I'll hopefully be getting back to a more frequent schedule, but I don't know just yet.

Though it's short, I hope you guys enjoyed it and I'll be updating soon, I SWEAR!!

Thank you for all the support and being patient with me. 💜

- GrandmaChip🐿