Part 6: Peter Pan (V)

"So we'll know where you are . . ."

    The two figures stood in silence, standing in the wide open field, all alone. The air felt thick and awkward, both not know what to say to each other.

    Slowly and awkwardly Tae shifted to face Abigail, "Sooo... do you want me to uh show you around?"

    "Sure", Abigail replied not looking at Taehyung, causing him to frown slightly. Ignoring the slight pain in his chest, Tae turned starting to walk back to the treehouses. Abigail quickly followed, walking slightly behind him.

    Upon reaching the firepit, Taehyung spun around with his arms stretched out wide, "This is where we usually hang out, it's so fun! We sit around the fire and tell stories! Though Suga doesn't really say anything, and Kookie's stories are ... well they're scary sometimes."

    Giggling, Abby looked around to get a better view of the hang out. The firepit was a medium sized hole about a foot in the ground. Lined around the hole around three feet away were various things to sit or lay on. There were a lot more than just three things too, you could probably fit ten people around the pit. There were three logs with a slight dip in the middle to sit in, two medium sized boulders that Abigail wondered how they moved them. Two large wood carved chairs that had been stuck into the ground and had grass growing up the legs. Lastly there was a dark brown couch with no legs in between the two chairs, it had huge fluffy looking cushions and two dark green throw pillows on either side. It looked so out of place in the forest, but it also fit the scenery perfectly.

    A little ways away from the fire pit was a ginormous tree trunk, a thick rope hung in front of it. Trailing up the rope with her eyes, Abby notices that it goes through a large gap and up into the large platform that hugged the tree.

    Noticing her gaze was now on the rope leading up to the platform, V asks, "Do you want to go up?"

    Not meeting his eyes, Abigail answers, "Yes."

    Tae frowned once more at the lack of eye contact, but brushed it off again, "Alright come here, I take you up."

    Abby and Tae made their way over to the rope, before Tae suddenly grabbed Abigail by the waist, pulling her into his chest as well as grabbing the rope in the process.

    "Tae!! What are y- AHH!!!", Abigail screamed as Taehyung pulled the rope, propelling them up into the trees. Abby held onto V tightly as they were flung into the air. As they reached the top, they slowed down enough for Taehyung to step onto the wooden platform.

    Separating, Abby got ready to hit Taehyung before she looked around her, now able to see the top of the platform. Forgetting about hitting him, Abby slowly twirled around to look at the platform.

    They leaves of the trees were still above them, but they were so much closer. Close enough for her to see the individual leaves, see their shapes and imperfections. The platform was surrounded by green branches that urged and wrapped around each other to create railing. The platform was  littered with different brightly colored ribbons tied around the branches and trunk. There were chairs and pillows all over the place, as well as different toys and articles of clothing. It was a mess, but it didn't look bad for some reason. Lining the tree trunk were torches holstered to the bark and into the wood, looking as though they had been lit before, though weren't lit now.

    Taehyung grabbed hold of Abigail's wrist starting to pull her towards a wooden staircase with green branches as railing, the staircase looked like it lead up to the other treehouses.

    "Where are we going?"

    "I'm going to show you the rooms."
Tae lead Abby up the stairs, higher into the trees. They reached the first 'room' after a few moments of walking.

    "This is Suga's room", V said walking through the dark wood door.

    Inside the room was a small bed with black and white sheets and fluffy pillows, a few pictures nailed into the walls, and a lot of loose paper on the floor and other furniture. There was a small desk for the young boy, which confused Abigail slightly. She was also a little worried about the floor falling in on itself. But overall the room was very plain, all for one piece of furniture in the rarest corner of the room.

    It was a large black grand piano, it looked old and made Abby wonder how they got it up there, or where it came from.

    Walking over and running her fingertips across the keys, she asks, "Does he play?" 'God, why did I ask that. Of course he does, it's in his room!'

    "Yeah, he does. He's really good too!", Tae said smiling over at her, making her heart skip a beat. Opening the door once again he asks, "Do you want to see Kookie's next?"

    "Um actually ... can you show me where me and my brothers are going to sleep tonight? It's getting a bit late", Abigail looked nervously at Tae, knowing her brothers will be tried after playing, and that she herself could use some sleep.

    "Oh um ... I didn't think about that, we have no other places to sleep", Tae confessed before continuing, "But you guys can just sleep in our rooms."