Part 3: Cinderella (J-Hope)

"In dreams you lose your heartaches . . ."

    Jeanne knocked on the door to the dining room, pushing the door open when she heard her step-mother call for her to enter.

    "What is it?", Louis demanded not even looking at the blond in next to her.

    "The grand duke was at the door, he asked me to pass on a message."

    Louis snapped her head towards Jeanne while her daughters continued to stuff their faces full of food, "The grand duke?"

    "Yes."

    "We'll get on with it. What did he say?"

    "The king is holding a three day ball for the prince to find a bride. The duke said that all the women in the kingdom are invited", Jeanne handed over the three invites in her hand. She had stuffed her own into her apron pocket in hopes her step-mother wouldn't take it from her.

    Louis gasped as she stood from her chair to read what the invites said, "The ball begins in two days! We must prepare the both of you for the ball!!"

    Brooke and Sierra finally looked up from their plates in confusion, "Prepare for what?"

    "The ball!! I don't care which one of you it is, but one of you is going to be the prince's bride!", Louis growled. She stomped her way over to her daughters, picked them out of their chairs by their ears, and began walking out of the dining room.

    Jeanne stared at the back of Louis's head before asking, "What about me?"

    Louis stopped and spun around to face her step-daughter, "What about you?"

    "May I go to the ball as well?"

Louis laughed and said before she slammed the door, "You can't go to the ball! With a face like yours? You'd make the prince sick, then everyone would have to go home, it's best if you just stay here."

Jeanne stood there, staring at the door, her lips slightly parted, quivering, a single tear slipped out of the corner of her left eye and fell down her cheek. She was shaking, she couldn't move, she didn't want to move. She wanted to cry and scream. She wanted to throw all of the china that was on the table onto the floor, she wanted to break something, but she didn't. She didn't move. If she moved right now, she would do something she would deeply regret later.

So Jeanne stood still until Suga brushed up against her leg, encouraging her to look down at him. Suga looked up at her with bright eyes, almost like he was telling her everything would be alright.

Jeanne sighed and crouched over and picked up the small brown dog. Tightly holding Suga in one of her arms, Jeanne made her way around the table picking up the dishes and gently placing them next to the sink to clean later.

After she was done cleaning the table, Jeanne carried Suga outside. The rain had stopped a while ago, now all that was left were droplets of water on everything, and a cool breeze that blew by every now and then.

Jeanne sat Suga down on the ground before taking off her apron and placing it down on the wet grass, so she could sit down with the small dog.

Silently, she sat with Suga on her lap as she looked up at the stars, thinking to herself, 'Maybe she's right. Maybe I shouldn't go to the ball, I mean it's not like have anything to wear anyway. Plus, what's the point? It's not like the prince will notice me, not with all the beautiful woman that are bound to be there.' As she thought about all this a few more silent tears slipped from her eyes before she lost it. She sobbed and screamed into her hands to muffle the sound. Suga, now awake from his half sleeping state, whined and rubbed up against her stomach in an effort to comfort the crying woman.