Part 5: The Little Mermaid (Jimin)

"I wanna be where the people are, I wanna see, wanna see them dancin', Walking around on those - what do you call em'? Oh - feet! . . ."

As the moon began to settle into the sky, the stars twinkled on the deep blue ocean surface. Below the surface, moving closer and closer to the sea floor was a young mermaid swimming towards her home a little while away.
A large grin covered her delicate looking face as she thought back to earlier that day. She had finally meet the prince, and she thought he was amazing. Sofie and Jimin had talked for hours and hours on end, she learned things about him that even his parents didn't know, at least that's what he told her. Like how some nights, he sneaks out to the shore to swim. He had told her about his love for the ocean, and how swimming at night almost made it seems as though you were swimming through the night sky.
She couldn't believe how much he talked about the sea, when she thought about how passionately he spoke of it her smile grows bigger. 'I wonder if . . . . he would accept me as I am?', Sofie asked herself as the village came into view.
Before Sofie and the prince had went their separate ways, Jimin had offered to walk her home. It was hard to convince him she could make her way home alone, he was truly concerned for her safety, as the sun was setting. Sofie felt terrible for lieing about what she was, but she believed it was the right thing to do. 'If everything goes well tomorrow, then I should think about telling him something', Sofie told herself as she remembered how they agreed to meet the next day at the cove.
Entering the village, Sofie was greeted with strange looks and quiet whispers.
"Look, there she is ..."
"What do you think she did?"
"I don't know, but it can't be good for him to show up ..."
'What are they talking about?', Sofia thought as she slipped her way through the crowds toward her home. 'And who are they talking about when they say him?', Sofia questioned herself as her house came into view. Leaning on the wall next to the door was Taehyung, he was looking at the ground, mumbling to himself. He looked as though he was arguing with himself.
When Sofie got closer, Taehyung looked up at her, stopping his mumbling. As soon as he saw her though his face changed into one of guilt, "Sofie ... I'm really sorry. He was here when I got here, he wants to talk to you about the bag. Apparently he saw the bag and looked inside ... I'm sorry ...", V dropped his gaze back to the sand covered ground before speaking again, "He's in the living room ... he wants to talk to you ...", Taehyung trailed off, beginning to play with his hands.
Sighing, Sofie rested her hand on V's shoulder, "It's not your fault, I didn't know someone was at my house. Trust me, you won't get in trouble. You can go home, I'll be fine." Sofie really had no idea someone was looking for her, she had stayed at Tae's house the night he meet J-Hope, then left early to meet Jimin. This was the first time she had been home in the past few days.
After a little hesitation, Tae turned and slowly swam away, heading towards his house.
Sofie sighed once more before making her way into the house, and to the living room, 'I wonder who it is? Everyone seemed to know him, maybe it's Jin?'
As Sofie reached the doorway to the living room, she heard something drop in the floor followed by some quiet curses. Immediately, she knew who it was and cursed her own luck of him finding out. Turning the corner, Sofie was faced with the man she grew up with and considered an older brother picking up the brush J-Hope had given her from the floor. Sofie cleared her throat gaining the attention of the red head crouched in front of her, causing him to bolt up right revealing his full frontal view.
The merman in her living room had bright red hair that was short on the sides, while the longer top was flipped to the right side of his head. His face was very well defined with a pair of full lips and dark brown eyes. He had a silver ring in each ear, and wore a black vest that semi-covered his toned chest. The merman's tail was a dark red with black fins that criss-crossed along the tail. The aura that surrounded this man was one of intelligence and high standing.

    When the man meet Sofie's gaze, her hands found their way to her hips as she asked, "What did I do that gave me the pleasure of a visit from the King's personal counselor and right hand man?"    Sighing the man replied, "Well, I was just visit...

Sighing the man replied, "Well, I was just visiting, cause we haven't seen each other for awhile, but ...", the man leaned over and picked up her bag that was up against the table, "There's this. Sofie what have you been doing? Where did you get this stuff?"
"I found it, it probably fell in off a boat or something", Sofie lied hoping he'd believe her.
"Now even if that is true, which I highly doubt, you know we're not supposed to interact with the human! In any way!", the exclaimed, slinging the bag over his shoulder before grabbing Sofie's wrist and starting for the door, "I'm taking you to Jin."
Once out on the street, Sofie pulled her wrist out of the man's grip, but followed nonetheless knowing she couldn't get away from this this time, "Come on Namjoon! Aren't you at least a little bit curious as to how they live?! What they're like?"
Without facing her, Namjoon replies, "Sofie ... I'm sure that everyone, including myself, have been curious at one point, but we get over it. You want to know why? Because THE KING outlawed it? You may be one of his closest friends, but this will be your last warning." With this said, the conversation ended.