Part 6: Cinderella (J-Hope)

"Your rainbow will come smiling through . . ."

    "Are you alright?"

    Jeanne slowly opened her eyes to look at her savior, her hands clasped at her chest, the pumpkin now splattered on the plaza ground.Her heart was beating so fast and so hard, she thought her heart would burst out of her chest at an moment. Not only because of the fall, but also because of who she saw holding her when her eyes finally focused.

    The man that had caught her had dark brown eyes and caramel orange hair. He was fairly tall with tanned skin. She could feel the toned muscles in the man's arms that held her as he helped her stand. His sculpted face showed deep concern, but it also held something else mixed in with the his concern that Jeanne couldn't make out.

    When Jeanne was finally standing on her own and balanced, the man gripped her arms firmly making her look up at him once more, "Are you alright? You're not hurt are you?"

    The young woman only nodded in response, leaving them in silence. They were quiet for sometime before it finally hit Jeanne, it was the prince. This realization caused the blond to pull away from the prince and bow, "I'm so sorry! I didn't realize who you were at first your majesty!"

    The prince just shook his head, "It's fine, I just wanted to know if you were alright."

    "Yes, I'm fine your majesty. You caught me just in time", Jeanne replied gratefully, standing from her bowed position.

    "Good, though your pumpkin is ruined. I'll have someone buy you a new one before you leave", the prince told Jeanne as he smiled. One of the guards with him scared off to retrieve a new pumpkin not even a second after the prince said to.

    All Jeanne could do was nod and smile at his kindness. A thick blush also covered her cheeks. She had only since the prince once or twice when she was younger. He had changed from that cute little boy to a strikingly handsome man, and so far he was just as nice as he was good looking.

    "So what's your name? The prince asked as he guided the young woman to the fountain.

    "Jeanne, your majesty", Jeanne stated as her and the prince sat facing each other on the stone edge of the fountain.

    "Please Jeanne, call me Hoseok. 'Your majesty' makes me feel like I'm the ruler, like I'm king or something", Hoseok scrunched his nose as he spoke.

    "Well, you will be soon."

    "Exactly. Soon, not now. Not until I get married", Hoseok sighed, his hand reaching up to rub the back of his neck.

    This caused Jeanne to tilt her head in confusion, "What's wrong?"

    "The ball. I'm supposed to find a someone to marry in three nights. Normal I'm all for balls, but not this one. I want to find someone, sure. Just this feels a little forced don't you think?", the young prince looked the blond woman dead in the eye as he asked this question.

    Slightly taken aback, it took Jeanne a few moments to find her thoughts again, "A little yes, but at least you get to choose and not be forced to marry someone you don't like."

    "Yeah. Yeah, I guess you're not wrong", Hoseok thought for a moment before letting a small smile grace his lips, "Will you be going to the ball?"

   Jeanne smiled up at the man, "I was planning on it, should I not?"

    "No!! No, you should go! I want you to go!", the prince laughed though it only lasted a minute before he realized what he said, causing him to quickly look back at the shocked woman before him.

    'Did he just say he wants me to go to the ball?', Jeanne asked herself as she tried to figure what he had actually said, thinking she heard him wrong, 'There's no way he could have said he wants me to go, it's the first time we've meet.'

    Though before she could ask what he had said, the guard that ran off earlier came running back into the plaza. This made the other four guards to come closer to the prince as Hoseok stood to take the pumpkin from the exhausted guard.

    Hoseok took the bright orange vegetable in his hands before placing it into Jeanne's open arms, "Here you are, a brand new, brighter, pumpkin for the passionate lady."

    "Thank you very much, you really didn't have to", Jeanne giggled as she adjusted to the weight of the pumpkin once more.

    This caused the prince to grin, "It was no problem, I'm sure the pumpkin was important for something. Now off you go, I have a feeling if you hold that pumpkin any longer then needed you won't make it home."

    Jeanne's smile faltered for a brief moment as she remembered, 'Mother! She'll be furious when I get home. If I'm any later or if she finds out I was talking to the prince, I'm sure I'll get another beaten. I can't take another.'

"Yes, I should get going. Thank you again, your majesty."