Part 10: The Little Mermaid (Jimin)

"And ready to know what the people know, Ask em' my questions and get some answers, What's a fire and why does it - what's the word? Burn? . . ."

"When do you think he'll be back?", Yoongi asked no one in particular, as he sat up from laying on the sand of the beach. He had taken off his coat and took a nap after Taehyung had left, leaving Jimin and J-Hope to talk about Sofie, and her past that she had shared with Hoseok.

"I don't know, but hopefully soon", Hopie replied as he stood up from leaning on the side of the cliff.

"What if he can't persuade the witch to help?", Jimin asked worriedly, staring out at the sea before him. He had been thinking about why he was so willing to do this for Sofie, someone he just meet. He had finally come to the only conclusion that made sense to him. He was in love.

Just as Hoseok was about to reply, a splash of something breaking the water was heard, causing them all to whip their heads toward the water. Before them was Taehyung shaking his head like a dog to rid it of water. Upon seeing him, they all minus one ran to the merman to see if he had succeeded.

"So? Was she willing to help?", Jimin asked frantic.

"She did, she gave me a potion that would give you a tail for two hours. So we have to try to be quick", Taehyung answered, handing the vial to the prince who nodded his head in understanding.

"Right, I'll go down and talk to the king, hopefully I can convince him that we're not all bad. If I succeed, I'll bring Sofie back here and meet up with you guys. We can figure things out from there", the prince informed the others as he stripped from the clothes, only leaving his undergarments on as he waded into the water.

"Alright, just make sure to be back before the two hours are over Jimin", Suga told the prince as he folded Jimin's clothes over his arm.

"I will, Yoongi."

    Jimin now stood waist deep in the water, Tae in front of him handing him the vial of potion. Slowly he took the potion, opened it, then carefully drinking the entire vial. After the potion was all gone, Taehyung took the vial back before backing away not sure what would happen. At first, nothing happened confusing everyone before the water around the prince began to glow. Dipping his head underwater, Jimin watched as the skin on his legs began to merge together forming a tail like shape. The skin slowly changing to fish like scales going from black fading into a pure white, the fins spreading away from the tail like ice forming on the banks of small lakes.

    The others watched in awe at the transformation, before the prince's head popped back out of the water, a look of pure shock evident in his face. The first to come out of his shock, was Yoongi, "Well? Get going! You only have two hours." With that Jimin nodded then dived back into the water, Taehyung right by his side, leading him towards the kingdom.

    After a few minutes, the two of them reached the castle gates only to be stopped by Namjoon who was leaving the castle grounds to go home. The king had offered him a room in the castle, but Namjoon refused wanting a home of his own.

    "Tae? What are you doing here? Who's this?", Namjoon was confused, Taehyung rarely ever came to the castle, and he had never seen this other man before.

    "I wanted to ... introduce my friend to Jin", Taehyung lied.

    "Oh! Well, my name is Namjoon, the king's assistant. I'd love to get to know you, but I'm on my way home. Maybe next time", Namjoon introduced himself while facing Jimin, before waving goodbye and swimming off to his home.

    "That was close, come on", V said as he quickly swam through the gates with the prince close behind. They swam down long corridors before finally coming to the throne room, finding Jin sitting on the throne with his eyes closed, his head in his hands. He looked stressed.

    The two of them swam before the king, who had just noticed them, "Oh Tae! How are you, what brings you here?"

    "I came because you locked Sofie up!", Taehyung yelled finally let out his anger towards the whole situation.

    Sighing the Jin replied, "Tae, I had to she broke a law. I don't like it, but it had to be done."

    "But the law is stupid! Sh--", V was cut off by Jimin placing his hand on his shoulder, stepping forward to address the king himself.

    "Excuse me, I've come to talk with you, and I'd like you to hear me out."

    "Alright ... what do want to say?", the king replied confused.

    The prince took a deep breath before continuing, 'Now or Never', "My name is Park Jimin, son of the king on land. I'm one of the people who Sofie spoke to, and I want you to know she never told me anything about her being a mermaid. I just learned of her past and the law that you set in place, but it makes no difference to me. Me and my people aren't evil, we aren't bad people! Please you have to release Sofie, I beg of you."