He's Not Here

" Mrs Jo is not around and there's no substitute teacher as well so do whatever you guys want but don't make so much noises. I'll be at the next door if you need anything. " Mrs Kim spoke as she glared at each of her students as a warning sign. " Eunwoo, you're in charge. Let me know if they are out of your control. " Eunwoo, the class monitor nodded while beaming his famous smiles that could make any girl falls for him.

Could be seen that they were enjoying their time when the teacher is not around. Some are playing, some are dozing off while there are few good student who reading books just like Yerin. " Joy, are you sleeping ? You were so quiet since this morning. " Yerin asked still not looking at Joy. " Joy .. " She decides to have a look on her when she didn't get any reply from her. There, she can see that Joy is definitely not dozing off but seems like spacing out. Yerin noticed that Joy keeps her eyes at one place and when she turned to look at it, she smiles.

She wave her hand in front of Joy's face and nudged her hand shortly after that, which caused Joy to back from her trance. Joy took a glance at Yerin before she heaved a sigh. " You've been spacing out. Is there something wrong ? " " I wonder, how is he doing ? " Yerin was confused at first but then she got what the girl's means. " You mean, Sungjae ? " Joy nodded, " It's been couple of days but he is still not showing up. " " Why don't you give him a call ? " " That's the thing. I forgot to get his number. " " Why don't you ask? I have his number if you want ? " " Really ? Wait why did you have his number at the first place ? " " Silly, we've done a group project earlier this year that's why. " Joy smiled upon hearing that. She forgot that they're classmates after all.

Most of them now already knew the story of the incidence that happens between Joy and Sungjae including their homeroom teacher and also they are notified that Sungjae is going to take a week of medical leave. There are mixed reactions coming from his classmates, some are proud while some still can't believe that Sungjae had become Joy's saviour but none of them are bothered to ask Joy anyway since she's not that close to her classmates to begin with. And of course Joy had explain everything to her friends and her parents which cause her to get a big scold from them.

Recess came and Joy didn't waste any time. She just dialled the number that she got from Yerin. She was standing by her locker by that time with her friends surrounding her. " He's not picking up. " She was frustrated and try to dial the number once more. " Maybe he is sleeping. " Said Wendy, trying to calm her friend down. " Is this even a right number ? Why isn't he ... owh hello ? " " Unnie, why Joy unnie is smiling like an idiot right now ? " The maknae try to pissed her off by saying that. " Psst ! You guys are so noisy. " She walked off from them after that, trying to find a quiet place for her to talk.

" It's me Joy. Sorry my friends are so noisy just now that I can't hear you well. " " Oh, Joy-sshi .. where, where did you get my number ? " " It's not important anyway. So I was wondering, how are you ? " " I'm fine. " Sungjae was still awkward while talking to Joy but he can sense her excitement from her voice tone. " What are you doing right now ? Is your face alright now ? " " I'm right now lying down on my bed and my face seems alright I think. " " I see, so when are coming back to school ? " " I'm not sure, but mom says I should stay home for couple of days more. " " Oh, really ? That long .. oh, I've gotta go. My friends are calling. I'll see you in school soon Sungjae. Get a good rest ok. Bye precious. " Sungjae was totally flustered when he heard her last word. " She could be joking about me being her precious property right ? "

" So, how's your feeling after talking to him ? " " I'm at ease that I know he's doing fine. " " Seriously Joy, I really think that you had fall for him. Why would you be this anxious when he is not around. " Irene uttered making all of them to gave their attention to Joy. " Unnie, I owe him a life. I almost get rape by some gang and he was there to save me. That's why he is now my precious property. For someone like him, a nerd who doesn't know how to fight, who still trying his best to save me, I mean he could just leave me there since they beat him hard but no, he asks me to leave instead and save my life. How I wish you could see how cool is he back then. "

The girls were awed with the way Joy complimented him, " Now I'm excited to meet this Sungjae. " Yeri said while clapping her hand, earning a small glare from Joy but none of them notice it.