Missing Her

Her feelings were indescribable. Ever since Sungjae left her house, she could feel that herself slowly become suffocating. Her heart seems like crushes into pieces upon hearing the news that he just spilled. She wasn't supposed to feel like this anymore, she shouldn't let her heart lead herself. She must be strong because this is what she wants. * Park Sooyoung, you don't have to be worry anymore. He found someone who can take a good care of him. Isn't this what you want ? *

" Sooyoung ? " Her daze was broken when she heard her mother's voice from the back. " Mom, why are you still up ? " " I can't sleep. I'm getting myself a warm milk. " Seeing her daughter were in daze sitting at the kitchen island without a drink had cause her to smile because she knew something might bothering her. " Would you like some ? " She asked and smiled even more when the girl nodding her head excitedly.

Both of them were enjoying their warm milk, with Mrs Park silently watching her daughter who seems heaving her never ending sigh. " How's Sungjae ? " That seems to caught the girl's attention, from staring at her cup to her mothers eyes. " Sungjae ? He's fine. As always. " " What I mean is, how did he take it ? " Her eyes wide upon hearing that, making it looked away soon after that. " Seems like you didn't even mention it to him huh ? " She clears her throat before looking back at her mom, " I didn't. But I will soon. " She saw how her mother smile at her. It was a smile that she hardly interpret. Was she happy ? Was she teasing her she couldn't guess. " You know, you can change your mind if you want to. I'm fine with any of your decisions. " " Mom, don't worry. I'm fine and I'll stick with my decision. " " I'm really happy knowing you're there for me but I don't want you think that I'm burdening you. " " No mom. I do it because I really want to. Part of it is you and part of it is because I have my own reason too. " " Arasso. But make sure you let him know about this. " " I will. "

_________________

Days passed and most of them already aware of Sungjae and Sohyun relationship. Sohyun happen to make more friends when Sungjae decided to introduce her to his friends. But lately, it's really hard for them to hang out with Joy which kinda concern them. Yeri once asked her whether it's about Sohyun since out of them, only Yeri really knew Joy's true feelings towards Sungjae even though she keeps denying it and her answer will always be the same, " I'm quite busy lately. Helping my mom. " which she finds weird for Joy might kept something from their knowledge. But Yeri choose to just let it slide, because she knew Joy and she knew soon or later the girl will spill the beans by herself.

It was Friday night, and all of them decides to just hang out at Sungjae's house since his parents wasn't around. They bring all sorts of snacks and drink just to hang out. They wasn't sure whether this time Joy will show up or not since she told them earlier that she will try her best to come over. They didn't wait for her and just start off with their movie marathon.

" Sungjae, can I have these melon ? " He heard Irene's voice from the kitchen so he lead his way towards her. He saw Irene taking out some melon from his fridge and nodded, " Sure noona. Let's cut it for them to eat too. " He took out the knife from the cabinet and was about to slice the melon when Irene stops him. " Let me do it. You can sit back and join them. " " It's fine. I'll wait here. " His minds wasn't with them since before and Irene knew that so she thought it's best to talk about it here, when those guys wasn't around. " How's Sohyun ? " " Huh ? She's fine. " He was startled at first but soon maybe he thought Irene was just spill off any topic for them not to be awkward. He noticed the way Irene stared at his face as if reading his expression which somehow makes him feels uncomfortable. " So it's not about Sohyun. Then is it Joy ? " That cause him to glued at his place while clearing his throat over and over again. " So it is Joy. Tell me. What bothers you ? "

He was caught off guard by that noona of him. It was true, Joy had bothering him lately. He can't seems to enjoy his days knowing that that friend of him were somewhere out there, probably hiding things from him. " Noona, did Joy tell you anything ? Well it's really hard to see her nowadays and I was wondering... " " Hmm, she did tells me that she's helping her mom with something. Probably her mom came out with new designs and need her advice ? " " Are you sure that's really it noona ? " " That's what she told me. Sungjae-ah, if you're so concern, why don't you give her a call ? " " The thing is I'm finding it's hard to talk to her nowadays. She will either drop the call saying she's busy and even when we're at school, she seems like avoiding me. " " It probably nothing Sungjae-ah and you can just ask her when she is here later. "

Hours passed and Sungjae still patiently waiting for her. He's been looking at the clock over and over again just to make sure that it wasn't too late for her to come. " I'm sleepy. " He noticed not just Ilhoon that yawning but the girls too. " I think it's time for us to go back. " Wendy said while looking at her boyfriend, " Oppa, you're coming ? " Minhyuk do a little thinking before he reply, " I'm gonna join them for a sleepover. " The boys decided to stay with Sungjae while the girls went back home after that.

Once Sungjae make sure that they went back, he quickly dial her number. He waited and relieved when she picked up at the 5th rings, " Sungjae ? " " Hey, where are you ? " He was actually worried for her. She didn't text him or give him a call since morning and he just want to make sure that she's fine.

" Gosh. I've totally forgot. I should have meet you guys tonight. I was so busy and I ... Just, sorry Sungjae-ah. Are they still there ? " Sungjae didn't know why but from concerns he suddenly felt irritated at her and he kinda let it out on her. " You know what, I won't bother you anymore since you are so busy like you said until you couldn't make some time for us anymore, even for me. "

Joy was flustered for a moment. All these years, this is the first time that she felt Sungjae really mad at her. She was scared for a moment when she heard his stern voice. " S-Ssungjae-ah ... I'm .. " She heard him heaving a sigh before he talk, " Mian Sooyoung-ah, I shouldn't get mad at you like that. You should have your rest now. I called because I was worried thats all. "

He felt bad after being mad at her. He wasn't doing it on purpose but it just slipped. He just annoyed with the fact that Joy wasn't able to spend her little time with him. He knew that she was busy with something but deep inside he still want her to at least be with him even if it was for a short time.

" I'll hang up now. "
" Let's meet. "
" Huh ? "

________________

He realised that she probably were in hurry when she came here. Her cloth wasn't warm enough for which tonight felt a little cold than usual and that kinda irks him. He noticed that she held two cups of ice cream both at her hands and that kinda makes him wonder whether it will click with this cold whether or not.

She turned around when she heard footsteps getting nearer and smiles widely when she realised that it was him. " I bought you ice cream. " " Okay, ice cream and cold night. What do you think ? " That hit her right on the head. She cursed under her breath for not thinking right on her minds. " I just thought it could cool you down. " That happen to cause laughter came out from Sungjae's mouth. He can't help but to think it was a cute action from her.
" Aigoo, Sooyoungie. "