Flashback : Hearts Can't Lie

PLEASE READ ! 💋
Author's Note : Just so you know, everything written in this chapter were the story that happened between SUNGJAE and SOHYUN, few years back after Joy move to London. Basically it's the FLASHBACK. Hope you guys won't get confused since the next chapter will be back to the presence year.

So, do enjoy reading it. Thanks from Peach, 🍑

================

He sat quietly by the tree, watching the leafs as it moves by the winds. He can feel him breathing properly now, well even for a short while he doesn't mind since for these past days, he realised that things had gone hard for himself. He thought he was going crazy, dealing this feelings by his own and that makes him wonder whether the other person feel what he felts too.

" Sungjae-ah ... " A soft voice were heard, calling out his name lovingly and a light tap were felt on his arm, making him to slowly open up his eyes, where then it mets with her eyes. He looked around, trying to make sure where he is right now. " Did I fell asleep ? " He asked while rubbing his eyes with his finger.

" Did you wait long ? " Seeing how he fell asleep while waiting for her had somehow makes her feel guilty inside. " No, I probably just sleepy. " " I'm sorry, Prof. Han won't just let me go until I get the right note. " He chuckles at her pouty face, " It's fine really. "

They head to the Cup O' WenRene, where the cafe belongs to Wendy and Irene. They just started the business two months ago but the crowds are amazingly a lot since this cafe is situated at the strategic place, where most of their customers are university students and office workers. As usual, they will head to the second floor, at their usual spot.

Irene noticed that Sungjae is there so she quickly made their favourite dish and bring it to them. " How's class ? " Asked Irene as she serve the drinks to them. " Fine. As usual. Seems like your customers were increasing by days noona. " Said Sungjae as he eyes wandering around the cafe. " Yeah, it's a bit tiring nowadays. Even Changsub were complaining that I didn't spend my time with him anymore. " " Unnie, maybe you should consider on hiring more waiters ? " " We've been thinking the same and probably by the end of this month we able to hire some. " " And if you can't, just hire Changsub hyung since I believe he will be more than willing to work with you. "

Both of them were having their lunch silently and that just makes Sohyun to feel weird. " Are you sick ? " That caught Sungjae's attention, as he put down his ice coffee and look at her. " I'm not. " " Are you tired ? " He leaned forward just so he can focus on her face, " Not that too. Why are you asking ? " " Because you've been silence since then which is not like you. " " I just having thoughts in my minds that's all. " " On what ? " " Well, on what are we gonna do after this ? Should we watch some movies or not .. you know things like that. " " Liar. Tell me, something bothering you right ? " He shook his head with smiles, assured her that he's fine when the truth is, she was right, he did lied to her.

His heart has been in chaos ever since she left. He was wrong when he thoughts by drawing the lines between him and her will eventually solve the problem when actually it only worsen. He try to forget his feelings, denying it like it was a sin to even think about it and spending most of his time with his girlfriend on hopes that eventually those feelings will go away but what he doesn't know is, the more you push the feelings away, the stronger it will get.

And what hurts him more is when knowing that she, herself has choose to keep her distance with him and he knew, probably part of it is because of him but he just wanna be selfish. He still wants her by his sides, as a friend even when he knew deep inside his heart were already beating for her name.