Steps Closer

He just finished with his bath, dressed up and walked towards the kitchen to prepare for some breakfast. He glanced at the door next to his one and thinking whether he should or not wake the lad up. " He must be tired. I'll just let him sleep. "

He just have a simple breakfast, a bowl of cereals and milk as he reading some newsfeeds on his phone but soon were startled as the sounds of the door being unlocked from the outside. He was frozen in place, thinking whether his mom were visiting him since she's the only one who know the combination for his apartment but soon were surprised to see, " Sungjae ? "

Sungjae has been shot with a teasing look by Hyunsik ever since he walked into the house. " Hyung, you've been staring at me since then. "

Yeah, their relationship has gotten better than before. Sungjae had open up himself to take Hyunsik like his own brother now since he realised that Hyunsik is actually a good guy, watching over Joy like his own sister, which only makes him feel at ease since he wasn't around to keep an eye on her.

" So you were with Joy, last night, all the time ? " He nodded but soon finds his question weird. " Wait, don't get me wrong. It's not like what you're thinking hyung. " " What did I think then ? " Sungjae gulped in nervousness before he speak again, " That we .. wait why should I explain to you anyway ? " " Exactly, why you bother ? I don't care what happened between you guys last night. I just thought you're home just now and didn't know you spent you night at her house. " " Seriously hyung, whatever that you think, just stop. Nothing happens. " Hyunsik can't help but to burst into laugh seeing the blushing Sungjae in front of him. " Why are you so red ? Sungjae-ah, you're a grown up man. It's normal for you guys anyway. " " Can we just drop this ? I just put her to sleep that's all. " " Haha whatever. "

* This hyung can be annoying sometimes. *

__________________

Joy were so excited since she will going back to her mother's house to spend her week for Christmas but she's more excited with the fact that Sungjae is around this year. " Look at you, smiling like that. Are you that happy ? " " Of course I am. I can't wait to spill the news to mom. " " Me too. "

As they reached the house, surprised can be seen on Joy's mom face as she realised Sungjae was there with her daughter. " Omo, omo. Sungjae-ah. You're here ? " She quickly walk towards him before pulled him for a hug. " How are you doing eomonim ? It's been awhile isn't it ? " " My,my .. look at you. You're so good looking than before. " " Ehemmm, seems like you had forgotten your daughter mom. " They all burst into laugh as Joy playfully sulky at her mom. " And of course I miss you Sooyoungie. Let's go inside. It's so cold out here. "

They had a great chat with Sungjae bring out his gift for his soon to be mother-in-law. " You don't have to Sungjae. Anyway, thanks. So, you'll be spending your Christmas here with us ? " " Yeah, that and for some other reason too. " He took a glance at Joy, who's holding back her smiles since then, trying not to spoil the surprise. Her mother noticed the glances that they exchanged and cannot help but to feel curious at it. " What is it ? Is there something that I should know ? "

Joy look at Sungjae again for his approval and he nodded as a cue for her. She was shy at first but nonetheless stretched out her hand to her mother and when her mother noticed the ring on her finger, she can't help but to shriek in joy, knowing the meaning behind the ring.

" Is that it ?! You guys are getting married ? " Sungjae was also feeling bashful right now but he try to calm himself since in his matter he thought it's better for him to take the lead to explain to her mom. " Yes eomonim. I've proposed to Sooyoung last night and I feel glad that she accepts it. " " Aigoo, I can't believe that you guys are getting married. How did you grow up so fast dear ? " Her mother was in verge of tears, too happy with the news which makes Joy to feel overwhelmed as well but held it. " Mom, I'm 25 going 26 next year. You're talking as if I'm still in the high school. " " Aiish, you're my only child that's why I feel that way. " " So, since we're into this, I'm now seeking for approval eomonim, to marry your daughter. " " Omo, why the need of approval Sungjae ? I'm so happy with this news of course I will let you marry her. Besides, I'm glad she choose you to be the man of her life because I know you can take care of her well. "