That Fragile Heart

Joy was in dazed, looking at the ceiling while Yerin's words this morning kept lingering in her mind.
" unless you mean by property is claiming him as more than just a friend. "

Why can't she think of an anything for Yerin's statement earlier. Sungjae means a lot to her, maybe because of that she's being protective over him. Those girls who's been chasing him lately were not sincere towards him. She was afraid if he happen to fall for that kind of girl. They just like him on how he is now and not accepting his self before which really irritates her. She cherished him and that's why she always want the best for him. She knew that he never falls in love before and she want him to fall for the right person.

" Oh my God ! What am I even thinking ? Am I seriously worried about Sungjae's love life ? " She was back to the reality. " I should really stop worrying about him. "

She had just done washing her face when sudden shouts could be heard from outside her room. Slowly she turned the door knob, taking a peak on things happening down there. " Not again. Didn't they feel tired of arguing. " Tears welled up in her eyes as she witnessing her parents quarrels. It was not new to her, in fact she had been seeing the same thing ever since she was 12. But, seems like she's still not used to this situation because every time it started, she will feel very sad and sometimes she cried until she's asleep.

She walked out of the house, feeling really stuffy from her parents arguments. Her feet had brought her to nowhere and she just continue to walk until she reach a playground. It was slightly dark but she doesn't care since she thought it was better than staying in the house. She took a seat on a swing, before decided to give him a call. " Hi .. " " Joy ? " " I think ... I need you ? "

Joy waited for almost 30 minutes, until a figure showed up not far from her, looking at her worriedly. " You're here. " " You need me, of course I'll be here. " She couldn't held it anymore and just run towards him , pulled him into an embrace and soon crying her heart out which making his heart to feel broken. " It's alright Joyiah. Just let it out. "

He wiped her tears, staring at her puffy eyes, " Are you alright now ? " " Yeah, thanks Sungjae. And sorry if I cried on you. " " No big deal. As long as you're fine. " " Aaahh. I must look so ugly right now. " " Yeah, you looked like a fish. " " Yahh ! " " Fish is cute you know. " He laughed seeing her laugh at his jokes. He didn't know what's happening with Joy right now but all that he know is Joy need him there. He was worried when he got the call as she was sobbing. He asks but all that she answers was she need him. All the way here, he was praying that nothing could happen to her and glad that she's fine physically but of course not emotionally.

Both of them were sitting on the bench with Sungjae staring at her while she's staring at the night sky. " You know, I'm quite jealous with you and your family. Even though you guys lived moderately but there's always happiness in there and not like us. " Sungjae just leave her talking while he's decided to be a good listener to her. " Ever since I was 12, I could never felt I'm happy with my family. They feed me with wealth but not love which really irritates me. They were so busy with their business and sometimes they left me for outstation and I feel really neglected by then. It was not only that, I really can't stand their arguments. It was stupid you know, how come they never get tired of it. "

" Mom will always with her insecurities and accuse dad for having an affair outside while dad, he was always being ignorant. His ego is way too high that sometimes even I myself can't handle it. " She looks sad, that she happened to let a single tear to fall again.

" Remember what you asked me when we were at the Han River ? " He nodded, still unsure where does this is going to. " I choose to be rebellious mainly because of them. I've lack of attention since I was a kid so I thought it's better that way since they didn't care about me anyway. That's when I meet my friends, Irene unnie, Seulgi unni, Wendy unnie and Yeri. Outside they were like a bitch but they are the only persons that understands my situation on that moment. "

Sungjae just look at her with a sympathy. He never thought that this girl, the girl that he always saw the cheerful side and even looks tough from the outside are fragile on the inside. It's hard to believe that she had been through a lot for these past years since she managed to pulled a great mask.

" I'm sorry if I talk too much. I just feel frustrated right now with my parents. I've been putting all the blame on them ever since before and I know I shouldn't. It was just an excuses for me to be this way. Because I thought, they will at least give me a little attention if I behave badly. " " Gwaenchana. You can talk all you want. I'm here Joyiah. " And he pulled her for a hug, making her again crying on him.

They were quiet for quite sometime and he decided to talk to her. " Hey, you are not thinking of sleeping at this playground right ? " She was still in his embrace and she was glad that he didn't let go. " What if I am ? You won't leave me right ? " " Tskk ! What do you think ? Of course I will go. I'm not gonna sleep on a bench. I had a comfy bed at home why would I stay here with you. " " Yook Sungjae ! How could you ... " He let out a laugh before patted her hair lightly, " Pabo-ah, I won't leave you. Don't worry. "

They were silence again until he utter things that he had in mind since before, " Joyiah, do you mind if I'm not calling by that name. " " Then how are you gonna call me ? Don't ever think of calling me fish, Yook. I'm warning you. " " Sooyoung. " Joy was stiffen upon hearing he said that. She moved back a little, before looking at him with confused eyes. " Can I call you by that name from now on ? Ever since our first encounter, I feel like I like Sooyoung better than Joy and I really want to tell you that. I guess this is the time huh ? " She didn't say much and just lean on him again. " Arasso. I'll be your Sooyoung from now on. "

It's been a while since she heard that name. She never thought that she will like being call Sooyoung again because that's how her parents addresses her but when it came from Sungjae, she knew that she cannot resist. It's just sound so perfect when he called her Sooyoung. " Sooyoung. Park Sooyoung. Paksoo ... hahaa " " Stop mocking my name. "

" Sooyoung-ah, thank you. " " Huh ? Waeyo ? " " Just, I feel glad cause you choose to open up yourself towards me. It must be hard to tell me things that you've kept all along by yourself. It makes me feel trusted as a friend. From now on, you're not alone Sooyoung-ah. Remember that I'll always with you. " Her eyes were glisters upon hearing his words. Never did she thought that he really adored their relationship as much as she does. " I should be the one who thanked you, for staying and kept me company even though I'm sure you're tired. Thanks Sungjae-ah I really appreciate it. You're the best precious. "