Where He Look At

" You are home. " " Yeah ... " " How's Sungjae ? " Like the Yook, Joy's mother also felt fond with Sungjae since she knew that her daughter has changed day after day because of him. She met him twice and she knew that he is a great guy to be her friend. " He's fine. " And moreover, she noticed that Joy had slowly  become her old self where she is bubbly around her parents even though it is not all the time. She knew that Joy had kept her distance from them because of their personal problem and she was glad that Sungjae was there to be with Joy when the hardest hit her. " I'll be in my room mom. "

She laid down on her bed, still having the same thought as she leaved his house earlier. Remembering back at how soft his gaze has turns as he staring back then had somehow making her heart dropped. Never had she seen that kind of stares from him, not even to her not even to anyone else and tonight she witnessed is but unfortunately it is not for her. It's for that person.

________________

" Remember that Chubs always took our candies. " " Yeah but you always have some left hidden inside your pocket and you'll give me after Chubs left since you knew that I will keep crying if I'm not getting one. " " I had always wish I could fight Chubs back then but she is just too big. " " She's not big. We are just too small. " And laughed as they reminisce their memory 10 years back. " FYI, Chubs is not Chubs anymore. She's turned to be a beauty queen in my school you know. " " Really ? " She nodded while chuckling a little causing him to laugh as well, as if her laughter is contagious. " It's been a while right ? Sitting here really makes me to remember us two. " " Yeah, I felt the same So-Hyun. "

Sungjae was again looking at the house in front after Joy's car leaved his neighbourhood but didn't expect  that she will came out on that moment

Sungjae was again looking at the house in front after Joy's car leaved his neighbourhood but didn't expect  that she will came out on that moment. They stared at each other for a moment before he courageously asks her for a walk and she gladly accepted his offer and that's how they ended at the park right now.

" Look at you. You've changed" " Is it a good kind of changes or bad ? " She made a gesture, with her fingers tapping lightly on her chin as if thinking hard of his question which somehow made him feel nervous a little. " A good one. " " Tsk! Do you really need to think hard. Making me scared out of nothing. " " I'm just teasing you Sungjae-ah. "

" So what makes you change ? I mean, why now ? " " Let's just say that I met this crazy funny girl that changed me for what I am now. " " That friend of yours whom I sees before right ? " " You saw her ? " " Yeah, couple of times. She's pretty. She is your friend right ? Or could she be your girl .. " She couldn't finished her words because Sungjae quickly cut it, " No, she is not. We are close but not in that kind of relationship. We're just best friends. " " I'm jealous. " Sungjae was taken back with her sudden outburst, making him turned to look at her with confusion. " I used to be your best friends back then but now you find yourself a cuter best friend. " She laughed after that since she find it cute whenever Sungjae were flustered. " Were you teasing me again ? " " You never change. You always take my words seriously. " " I might changed on the outside but I am still the Sungjae that you knew So-Hyun. " " I know. "

" Do you think we can hang out like this again ? " " I don't know, you're a busy woman nowadays. Maybe I should make an appointment if I wanna meet you. " " Oh My, I still can't get use of you like this. You're a smooth talker now huh ? Making jokes and all. Where  have your confidence been to all these while huh ? " " It was here, inside here all along and gladly someone took it out for me. " " Someone as Joy ? " He nodded with a smile, remembering how his first encounter with Joy. " I really want to meet this girl in person. She seems fun to hang out with. " " She is. I'll introduce you to her later. "

_________________

Sungjae was staring into space with a smile. He didn't know why but he felt happy after his short meet out with So-Hyun. Maybe it's because like what she says, they are too busy to hang out with each other. All of their memories keep replaying in his minds after that, making him smiles and even laugh at it.

He remembers most if it. They were 7 back then and they become friends since they are neighbour. Sungjae was quite a shy kid ever since he is young and So-Hyun is the only person by that time who he is comfortable to be with. They spends most of the days together, playing and even go to school. Coincidentally, they were in the same class for all years but once they were in the high school, they drifted apart because So-Hyun were transferred to a girls boarding school since she have interest in classic music where there she can focus more on her major.

And since then, Sungjae had only looking at her from a far but sometimes if he lucky enough he manage to have a little chat with her. A simple hi or maybe a how have you been would be enough for him. He knew that he likes her since he was a kid since she's always being a good friend but now, whenever he look at her, he never knew what's his heart says. There are mixed feelings that he had for her and he can't really confirm on which one is the truth. Maybe he like her as how he is back then or maybe he already like her as more than that he never knew. He just wished he could figure out his feelings soon.