Her Life

London

" Yah, how can you become so pretty ? " " It's the power of make up. " She's making that pose again which cause Wendy to laugh at her being coy. " Liar. " " Hehe, I really miss you unnie. " " Me too. Yah, are you still working right now ? " " Unnie, it's only 10 in the morning over here. Of course I'll be working. "
" Owh, I forgot. Here is 6pm. That's why I felt weird. By the way, there's a special reason of I'm video calling you. " " What ? Are you getting married or something ? "

She noticed how Wendy's eyes bulge in surprised as if she's guessed it right. " Omo, no way. Is it true ? " " Well, yeah. Minhyuk oppa just proposed to me and you're the first person to know. " " Kyaa !!! Wendy unnie is getting married ! " " Yah, stop screaming. People will think that you're crazy. "

She turn to look at her front, where there's a glass door, and there she realises that what Wendy had said was true. The staff were looking at her weirdly as if she some kind of a crazy person. " They did looked at me that way unnie. Whatever, tell me the details. Right now. " " Okay, just relax. "

She didn't realised that they had been talking for almost an hour and she only did when she heard a knock on her door, where her assistant already stood waiting there. She made a gesture for her to walk in, " One sec, Ella. " The brunette girl, Ella nodded before she took a seat on the couch nearby.

" I have to go now unnie. I'll call you again soon. " " Okay, I really hope you can make it Joy. " " Arasso. Bye unnie. "

" You look happy Ms Park. " " Well, my best friend is getting married in May. That's why. " " So you'll going back to Korea for that right ? " " I still need to check on my schedule. " " I'm sure you can make an exception. "

" So, what you got there ? " " Right. These are the scoop for this week that you need to review and just to remind about tonight's event, at 8 for SherriHill. They already delivered the outfit for tonight and I'm sure you'll have it by the time you are home. " " Got it. Anything else ? " " Nope. "

" Just one more thing, is Hyunsik going to be there also ? " " You mean for the show ? I've informed him but till now he's still not giving any answer. " " Then I'll just have to make him say yes. Thanks El. You can go now. "

Once she saw her assistant walked out, she furiously dialling his number, tapping her fingers in annoyance as the ringing taking the time and it was almost until the last ring when the call finally being answered. " Joy, It's still early in the morning. " " Yah, oppa. It's almost noon FYI. " " What is it ? " " Come with me tonight. " " For what ? " " SherriHill's ... " " Aaahh ... the fashion show. No thanks. " " Yah, oppa please. " " Why always me ? " " Because I love having you around Hyunsik oppa. " " Liar. You just don't wanna feel bored. " " It meant the same to me. " " But I'm so tired. I just got back from work and ... " " Tskk, like I don't know that you've been flirting with some girls at club last night. " " Were you stalking me ? " " Whatever, pick me up at 7. " " Don't want. " " Then I won't set you up with that dream girl of yours. " " Arrghh ! Fine Park Sooyoung. "

Park Joy, who was once a troublemaker at school were now leading her life successfully as a junior editor in one of the top fashion magazines in London. Spending her years in studying fashion had lead her to this industry.

She starts by modelling for her mother's clothing lines where then being offered as a full time model by one of the agency in town and soon slowly spreading out her career by joining the editorial lines. She loves fashion and the thought of able to give reviews, formulating and styling fashion photo shoot, choosing fashion items and trends for publication had only makes her feel happy. And some more, she can never be happier than having a close relationship with the designers and famous photographers, thanks to this job of hers.

_______________

It was almost 5 when she reached home. She put aside the package that the guard handed to her earlier onto her bed along with her bag, before she plopped herself on it as well. She took a quick rest before head towards the bathroom for her to get ready for tonight.

It was just nice, she's not in hurry and can calmly finishing her make up and even hair on time. She give a look on her dress and satisfied with their choices as always. They gave out this graceful white short dress, with a simple high halter neckline with a natural waistline that is accented with a thin beaded belt. But her favorite part is the skirt as it's made of luxurious lace that gives this dress a feminine look.

She take a great look on herself one last time and felt really happy with it. " Owh, I'm sure had a great shoulder for this look. " She was about to give a call to Hyunsik when his name popped up on her screen, makes her grinning like a little girl. " Oppa, are you here ? " " Yes, come down now. " " Okay, give me 10 minutes. "

Once the elevator door slide opened, she see that handsome looking guy waiting for her with a smile that almost hiding his eyes. " Aigoo, pretty. " He patted her hair as if she's a little child. " Oppa, you're acting like my dad. "

_______________

She was seated at the front row nearby the runaway with Hyunsik at her left along with other celebrity and even some VIP's. She's loosing count on how many times had her mouth gaped opened in amazed at this time collection from the designer. She's making sure to take notes on the design and even the overall show for her to put it in her next scoop for the magazine. Once the show ended, she was invited for an interview before they head off to the after party.

Hyunsik was being patient all the time even though at times he feel like dozing off and Joy was thankful for his company. She thought of an idea of treating him for a drink after the event. And so they head towards a bar nearby her apartment for couple of drinks.

" Thanks oppa for today. " " No big. Here's the photos. Maybe you wanna give a look a little bit. " He handed his camera for her to give a check and felt relief when he noticed the smiles that she put while she's looking at the pictures. Even though he's a professional photographer, he can't help but to feel nervous whenever other person looking at his photos, including Joy herself, even with the fact that they've been knowing each other for almost five years.

" As expected from Im Hyunsik. This is good oppa. " " Glad you like it. I'll give you the copy once I'm done with the editing. " " Alright but one thing. What's up with this one ? " She pointed out the picture of herself with her eyes focused on the model which makes Hyunsik to giggles. " Isn't that pretty ? " " What's so pretty with my mouth open up like that? " And she imitated her photo making Hyunsik to laugh even more.

" Gosh. Did someone ever tells you that you look like a fish with your mouth opened like that ? " His words has slowly makes her smiles faded as the memories filled back her minds. The memories that she had with him, six years ago. * Someone did oppa. That Yook ... the one that always calls me a fish. *

" Hello to earth Joy. " She realised a hand was waving in front of her face making she draws back her attention to the person. " Owh, mian. " " I think we're done with these drinks. I'll send you back home now. I don't wanna carry a drunk Joy." " Yah, I'm not drunk. " " Ara, ara. Let's go. "