She's Here and Not Alone

He has been fidgeting ever since this morning when he woke up from his dreamland. Nervous had filled all over his body, palms sweating and couldn't help but to repeatedly looking at his watch from time to time. Minute feels like seconds to him as  the thought of meeting her lingering in his minds. He wasn't mentally prepared and yet he is here, waiting for her arrival as been asks by his friends. And what more worse than this when nobody were there with him to calms his nerves down since all of them were busy with their own matters.

" How should I face her later ? "

_________________

Flashback ( The Day Before )

" Joy will be here tomorrow, probably by 12 or 1 o'clock. You don't forget right Sungjae ? "

He didn't. In fact he has been counting to this day to come even though he have a mixed feelings about meeting her. Part of him feels excited while some other part felt nervous about it.

" I remember. So what time are we meeting up tomorrow ? We should gather up at one place before head off to the airport. "

Both Wendy and Minhyuk looked at each other in confusion before they blurted out things that makes Sungjae to look at them weirdly. " You didn't tell him ? " Asks Wendy as she pointed her finger to Sungjae. " I thought you're the one who's going to tell him. " Her fiancé replies in frown making Sungjae to feel even more confused.

" Hold up. Tell me what ? " Both Wendy and Minhyuk looks nervous while looking at Sungjae before Minhyuk took the lead to say, " You're going to fetch Joy at the airport, by yourself. "

Sungjae's eyes become wider as his mouth gaped opens in disbelieve of what just he heard. He recalled again and again of what just they said to him seconds ago and can't help but to feel flustered about it.

" You guys aren't serious right ? "
" Apparently we are not. "
" Why did you let me know now ? "
" Well, we forgot. Sorry Sungjae. Luckily it wasn't too late huh ? "
" Yah, me ? As in I'm meeting her alone ? "
" It wasn't so bad right ? I mean it will be slightly awkward that's all. But it will goes as time past. "

" What happened to all of you ? Why the rest aren't coming ? "

" Both of us are quite busy with the wedding preparation and the rest of them, they just have their own business. Yeri, Irene unnie and Changsub oppa will prepare a little party for Joy on the evening and seems like you're the only one who's having your schedule free tomorrow. "

The truth is, he also having some work to be done on that day but he took a leave just to see her and he didn't thought that things will turned out to be like this. They made him as an in-charge to welcome her, all by himself.

" It's going to be so awkward later on guys. "
" Sungjae-ah, she's your best friend. What's so hard on meeting her anyway ? "
" You just don't get it. We rarely talk ever since she went off to London, not even texting or calling each other. Now, how am I suppose to talk to her ? "
" That's what been bothering us. You never tell on why suddenly both of you become so awkward ? "

There's a short paused as Wendy spoken out her minds to Sungjae, making him looking away from them. He took a big sigh before he mutter, " It's complicated. I believe I'm the one who pushed her away. "

" What happened Sungjae ? Maybe if you tell us, we can help. "

Minhyuk patted the young boy's head, trying to sooth any feelings that he had right now. The boy just smiled as a replies, trying not to say anything about this anymore and gladly both of them understood and let it slide.