That Night

" This is not the way to my house ? Isn't it ? " Sungjae let out a soft giggles as he watch the girl next to him were wandering her head towards the road, probably trying to figure out where does she were taken to. " Let's hang out for a while. " She was surprised with his idea but nodded nonetheless.

She's waiting on the bench by the river as been told by Sungjae when the boy gone for don't know where he have been to. Joy could feel the cold breeze of the night touching her skin and luckily she had his blazer, that he put on before he leave her just now. She hold onto it a little bit tighter to make herself warmer.

She turn to look around and there's no others beside her at this place, and can't help but to smile when she noticed there's no slight changes happen in here. The place looks the same as six years before. She was about to turn back her gaze to the river when a tap felt on her shoulder, making her startled a little bit. " In a deep thought I guess ? " She just smiled and her smiles become wider when she realised what had he brought for her.

" I'm glad you bring me some beer instead of ice cream. " Without thinking she muttered those, making Sungjae to chuckle at it. " So you still remember ? " She felt embarrassed for a moment when she noticed how he teasingly looking at her. " I seriously didn't think much that night. I just brought what I had in mind at the first place. " " Yeah and I still remember that you said it's to cool my mood down. " " That's because you sounded so angry on the phone. " " l am. Because you were neglecting me. "

There's a paused as their eyes met causing Joy to feel uneasy and automatically shifted her eyes towards the front. She didn't say a word after that, making Sungjae to scoot closer to her side. " What were you thinking ? " " It's just, at that time, I think it's the best to give us a little space so that later on it will be easier for you to adapt with the situation where I'm not around. "

Sungjae can feel his throat suddenly drying out, trying not to show his emotions. " But I didn't know you will drag this plan of yours this long. " Joy can sense the slight change in his voice and he sounding a bit tense than usual. " What do you mean ? " " Six years Sooyoung . You've been avoiding me since then. "

The wind blows but it can't compare on how intensely he is staring at her right now. He knew he can't held it anymore and just blurted out the things that had been playing in his minds all along. " Why did you ? " She knew she can't leave him without giving an answer but seems like she can't even say a word with how he locked his eyes on hers. She was scared at some point.

His eyes soften seconds after that, knowing that she won't bother to clarify his minds, " Have you forgotten me Sooyoung ? I'm still here but you didn't bother to look for me. " " I'm not. " " Then why were you avoiding me ? What's good of you leaving when I'm here were looking for you ? How do you think that your plan works when all the time, I'm here thinking of you ? "

Surprised can be seen all over her face as he let out all that he feels for this past years, making her heart dropped at that moment. She didn't thought that her actions will hurt him, in fact, she thought he was fine once she leave him since he already found his happiness.

" Sungjae-ah, I didn't know ... I'm sorry. " " I don't want to hear your apology Sooyoung. All I wanna know is why ? I know I'm at fault too. I'm sorry if I sounds like pushing you away when we last met but Sooyoung-ah, you've been acting like you wanna us to break the bond that we have. " " No, it's not you. It's me. I'm sorry. "

" Can you please not ... arrrghh ! Do you know how hard I am to stop this feelings that I know after you leave me ? I try to talk to you, but you, .. you just won't even bother to look for me. Not even once you mention my name whenever you gave us a call. " " S-Sungjae-ah, what are you talking about ? "

" I guess you already forget those feelings that once you had for me. But I can't. " " Sungjae-ah ... " " I know Sooyoung. I know how you felt for me all this while but I'm so stupid for not realising it sooner and just knew when I save you on that moment you were drowned. Now, it seems like it's too late to even tell you this. You seems to have to move on that's why you were avoiding me all this time. "

Joy can't help but to let her tears falls. She can't believe that Sungjae can make such assumptions when she's the one who's having a hard time battling with her feelings.

" How could you say something like that ? You're so selfish for even think of your side only Sungjae. " Sungjae too were battling with his minds, telling it to not cry in front of her. " Then, tell me. Why did you do that ? Why did you avoid me ? If not because you had move on, then why ? " " Pabo. I was having a hard time to forget you ! That's why I choose to avoid you ! " She can't hold it anymore and happen to let out her rage to him.

" It's hard Sungjae. I'm battling with my own feelings to forget you but it seems getting strong as days passed. So I choose to keep my distance with you, by leaving you and even avoiding you. But you know what ? It just won't work. In fact, till now, those feelings were still there, inside here. Now tell me, aren't you're the selfish one for judging me like this ? "

Sungjae didn't say a word neither do shift his eyes away from her face, flustered with her outburst m. His feelings were indescribable as he listens to her confession. The questions that had been playing in his minds all this while had been answered by her but he can't deny even if he's feeling glad right now, he also feel hurt watching her crying like that, and it was all because of him. She was right, he's the selfish one in this matter.

" Now, tell me what I'm gonna do with these feelings ? Why did you have to make it complicated for us Sungjae ? We were just fine but you ... " Her words had stop once she felt his hands on her face, cupping it so that she won't look away from him. Her eyes were still glistening and seems like his too.

" I'll sort it out for you. Right now. "

And with that, he leaned closer until she felt his lips were capturing hers, making her eyes widen in surprised. Her heart was fluttering, and her body were quiver due to the sensation. Seconds after that, she can feel herself were returning his kiss, making him to smirk a little bit before deepening the kiss.

__________________

Their foreheads were leaning onto each other, catching their breath as they pulled from the kiss. His hand were still on either side of her face, making her to gather all her courage to look into his eyes. " S-Sungjae ... " " I love you. " It sounds like a whisper but she still can hear it. " I love you Sooyoung. Ever since our first kiss, ... I love you. Ever since you leave me, ... I love you. And now, I really love you. "

She didn't say a word and just staring at him. Regrets and fears can be seen in her eyes, making Sungjae to be in confusion. He can feel his hands slowly been pulling away from her face, as she close her eyes. " This is wrong Sungjae. We can't be like this. "

His foreheads frowned as he heard that coming from her mouth. What's so wrong about him clarify his feelings for her, that's what he thought. " Sooyoung, what are you saying ? " " We're not suppose to talk about this at the first place. " " What ? Why ? " " You know what ? I need to go. "

And with that, she just walked away, leaving him baffled there, as his eyes watching her figure disappearing slowly from his sight.