Knowing Her

Sungjae was carefully tidying up his bed. He took the wallet on top of the table and stuff it inside his backpack. He took a quick look on at the mirror, dusty off his shirt and make sure that he parted his hair nicely, like Joy said with 5:5 ratio which he thinks suits him the most. " Now where's my glasses ? Oh here it is." And he's ready for school.

" Why are you staring at me ? " " Are you sure you don't want to change your hairstyle dongsaeng? " All four of them were now having a breakfast but something caught his sister's eyes which is his hairstyle. " Why did you ask me that ? " " That hair .. hmm, you're beaten for no good. It doesn't change you anyway. " " What ? What do you expect ? " " Nothing. Anyway, now you got yourself a girlfriend, you should really do some changes on your appearance. " " Son, you got a girlfriend ? " His mom asks currently surprised with the news. " When .. when did I ? " He blurted back quite confused with his sister. " But I heard clearly that you were talking on phone with Joy the other day. " His sister were obviously teasing him but he didn't thought that his parents will also in this. " Finally, our son got himself a girl. " " Dad, Joy is just a friend. She just asks me on how I am doing .. and why should I explain to you guys anyway? " " Ooo.. Sungjae is in denial. " " I did not. "

_____________________

He reached school 15 minutes before the bells ring which is quite late for him and it was all because of his sister's non stop teasing him about Joy. He's walking towards the gate and realised some people are staring at him. He stops for awhile and look at himself, * I did zip up my pants right ? * he checked and when he thinks nothing is wrong, he continue to walk his way. Second after that, he heard a girl's voice shouting out, " Precious.. yah .. " he didn't stops and just walked thinking that he is hallucinating. " Precious .. " He stops and look at his side where a student look at him, " Dude, I think she's calling you. " and pointed at his back.

His eyes went big when he turned to his back, where he can see Joy is trying to catch up with him from down the entrance. Joy was happily waving her hand at him while he just stood there frozen looking at her. " Yah ! I was calling you since then. Glad you can hear me at last. " They stood face to face with Joy still panting from running. " Morning precious. I'm so happy to see you today. " She giggled while putting her hand around his shoulder. " Let's go. We'll be late. " They both walked towards their class, more like Sungjae being dragged by Joy towards their way.

" Girls ! " Joy greeted happily when she saw her friends lounging around at the lobby of her school. " Hi Joy ... and Sungjae. " Obviously, Seulgi and the rest are surprised to see Sungjae together with Joy. " H-Hi .. you know my name ? " Sungjae asks not sure whether it was right to be ask or not. " Of course she does. I've told them everything about us Sungjae-ah." " Everything? " " You know what. We are going to be late. We should go now. I'll see you girls on recess time ok. We'll talk later. I don't want Mrs Kim to scold you Sungjae if we are late because of us. " And with that, again Joy dragging Sungjae with her leaving her friends to feel bewildered. " What was that ? " Wendy asks while Irene and Seulgi just shook their head not understand the situation. " Are they together now ? Just look how Joy unnie holding his arm. " " We should ask her later. "

_________________________

Sungjae cannot focus himself in the class with all the stares that he got since morning. His classmates are definitely in shocked when they saw Joy were linking her arm with him when enter the class just now but he feel glad that none of them were question him. He knew that they must make their conclusion upon seeing how friendly Joy can be with him. He tried to put his thoughts aside and just focus on the subject but how can he when he knew that someone is intently watching him from behind. He took a glance again to the back row and accidentally made an eye contact with that person. * She's creeping me out. *

" That all class, you can have your recess. " He saw that most of them already left the class for recess but he just take his time to organise his book under the table. He was about to get up when he felt someone push him back to his seat. " Sit down for awhile. " " Joy-sshi ? Are you not going for a break ? " Joy didn't answer but just took a seat next to him.

She just look at him for awhile before took of his glasses from his face which startled him. " The frame is almost broke into two so you just sealed it with a tape ? " Joy didn't find it funny, in fact she felt sad knowing the fact that she's the cause for his spectacle to be broken. " It just for temporary. I'll bring it to the shop after school to fix it. " He took back his glasses from her hand and smile to assure that he's fine with it. " Arasso. Let's go. I'm hungry. " She once again grabbing his arm which cause him to feel embarrassed. " I - I can walk by myself. You don't need to hold me Joy-sshi. " Said Sungjae as nice as he can so that he won't offence her. " Eh, you just shy aren't you ? No need to be shy, it's just a hand. " She just ignored whatever that he says and wrapped her arm around his shoulder, act like nothing happen when the person next to her are blushing like it would never end.

" Sorry about this morning but I'll introduce Sungjae properly to you guys this time. " Sungjae just smiled awkwardly knowing that her friends also feeling the same. " This is Irene unnie, Wendy unnie, and her boyfriend Minhyuk oppa. " " Annyeonghaesaeyeo. I'm Yook Sungjae. " " Hi Sungjae, you can call me hyung. Don't be so formal. " Minhyuk offer a handshake which Sungjae gladly took. " Alright, over this side. Seulgi unnie, Yeri and Changsub oppa. " " Annyeong Sungjae oppa. I can call you oppa right since you're older. " Sungjae nodded looking at the cute Yeri smiling at him but Joy quickly distract him, " Let's go and buy out food now. "

They just watched how protective Joy is towards Sungjae when Yeri purposely acting cute to Sungjae. " He is sure Joy's precious property. " " Yup just look at how she glare at me unnie. Haha. " " Poor Sungjae being dragged here and there by her. " " It's Joy. When she like something or in this case someone, she will take a good care of it nonetheless what people say. "

They were enjoying their recess with talking and joking. At first, Sungjae felt quite uncomfortable since he is the only nerd in the group but with the help of Changsub and Minhyuk he is now feel less awkward. He never thought that these guys, ones that he thinks only bring troublesome in the school are actually have their kind side as well. He just never took any interest at them all until now.

He took a quick glance at the blonde girl next to him and smiling lightly with her joke. Not in the world had he imagine that she will be his friend and he will be part of her life. All that he knew before is this girl is so rebellious, some say she acts like a bitch since she's coming from a rich family and that's why she can do whatever that she want. Even if it's true, most of them are failed to see the good side of her which now Sungjae able to realise.

Just like the famous saying, * Don't judge a book by it's cover. Now I know that it's true. *