Concern

They were now settled in a restaurant since Joy said she was hungry and she's craving for some soup. " Finally, I feels so stuffy inside there. " " I thought you were having fun. " " I did .. at first. " She muttered the last two words, slow enough only for her to hear with her eyes taking a quick glance at him. " Me too. I never thought going in there is goin to be so exciting. It's the first time for me to listens to those kind of music but I'm surprised that I'm enjoying it. " " Yah, seems like you gonna get use of going there again. " " Well, it's really a fun place to be in. " " Andwae ! You cannot ! I won't allow you. " " Wae ? You're the one who brings me there. " " I know, but I didn't expect those girls will get closer to you like that. " Sungjae smiled happily upon she mentioned the word girls which caused him to get a smack on the arm.

" Why are you like this ? " " Yah! Do you know how much eye fights did I have just now ? " " Eyes fight ? " " Those girls keep looking at you pabo-ya. I'm sure you're having fun dancing with them. " " Yeah, it was a new world like I said. " " No. You will not go there again. Not if I'm not around. " " Tsk. There you go again. I'm not your child Joyiah. " " Whatever. I can't believe that you even do the waves with them. " She clearly pissed but seems like Sungjae is oblivious with her reaction and just keep on talking about it. " Yeah, Minhyuk hyung taught me that and I can't believe I can do it either. Who knows that I got some talent inside me huh ? " It was kind of sexy for him dancing like that to which really surprised her but with the thought of having the girls surroundings him like just, it just makes it looks so wrong in her eyes. " I won't leave you again with those guys. Never. " He just laughed, watching how protective she could be towards him which somehow makes him wonder whether both of them had switched gender.

It's almost 2 in the morning but Joy still doesn't feel like going back home. She still feel that she need to spend her time with Sungjae. So they decided to just have a walk along the Han River. " Let's sit for a while. " He said while leading his way towards the bench nearby. " There's nothing to cover you up. " He saw how Joy keeps on pulling down her skirt while sitting down. " It's fine. There's nobody here to look at it anyway ? Well, except you but not like you're some kind of perverts right. " She chuckles upon seeing his changes in expression. " I can assure you that I'm not. "

" Joyiah, can I ask something ? " " You can ask me anything. " He was hesitant at first but he knew there's nothing wrong in asking since he want to know her better. " Why are you .. err choose to be like you know .. " " You mean why I'm so rebellious? " " I didn't mean .. " " Why ? Is it that bad for me to behaving this way ? " " Well, at first I thought it was but after spending time with you, I think that you have a good side inside there, it's just you don't want to show it. " " I don't know. I'm just happy with how I am now. There's no need to pretend like who we are not. And to think about it, I don't mind if most of them cannot accept me .. well that was before. " " What do you mean ? "

She was silence for a moment before she open up to talk again. " Aniya, its nothing. " " Joyiah, I'm here to listen. " " It's just, way back then, I was fine with all of them talking whatever they want about me but after knowing you, I feel like I still can accept it as long as it was not from .. you. " Sungjae was flustered with her confession. Never did he thought in his minds that she will have such concerns in her seeing that she will always appears cheerful. " Joyiah ... " " I mean, I feel like suddenly you're a one important person in my life and I can't bear hearing you talking bad about me. " She was in verge of crying but she tried her best to held it as much as possible.

" Why would you think I will do such things Joyiah ? " " I don't know, with your question just now, seems like you're embarrassed to have me as your friend. "
She had always known to be so confident in herself but suddenly it went out once he utter his curiosity and she wonder where does it lost to.

" There's where you were wrong. I've always been thankful having you as my friend Joy, well of course not at first but as time passes I know that you are also precious to me. " He tapped her back, trying to sooth her before he continue. " You know, I've never had a friend as close as you which I'm not surprise but you changed me. You thought me to not be so serious in life, help me in making friends and let me experience things that I had never imagine in my life. " His words had touched her.

" Who thought that a nerd like me could be like how I am right now. I was invisible before but not after I met you. They treat me better Joy, way better. So if you think that I'm embarrassed having you as my friend, you are definitely wrong. Let others think what they want as long as we knew who we are, we'll be fine. Besides, I'll always have your back chingu. "

" Sungjae-ah, I feel like crying. " " Yah, you better not. I don't know how to stop you later on. " She giggles with his words. He sure know how to make her feels better. " Thank you Sungjae. Let's keep this as a promise okay ? " " Whatever you want. " And they sealed it with a pinky promise which somehow childish but they just don't care.  " And Joy .. " He called, making her to face him. " Happy Birthday. "

It was 3.30 in the morning when Sungjae reached his house and he really hope that none of them noticed his sudden disappearance that night since he never sneak out from his house like this and some more late at night. He carefully tip toed towards his room and thank goodness no one is awake. He drops his body on his bed feeling tired with his night out but he admit that it was a memorable experience that he should cherish. He was about to close his eyes when a notification pops up on his screen, showing that a text was received.

Have a good sleep Sungjae-ah and thank you, for tonight. You're indeed my precious property.

____________________

Author's Note : Well I took the scene above from WGM but I just feel like to reverse it to make Joy looks protective over Sungjae. Hope you guys enjoying reading it even though I know the progressions of this story is quite slow. Hehe.

Xoxo, Peach 🍑