" You've Given The Chance ... "

" Don't you ever make me eat ice cream in this kind of whether again Sooyoung. I warned you. " Joy just have to laugh at him, making Sungjae to pulled her ponytail lightly. " It wasn't that bad Sungjae-ah. " " Do you know that I'm freezing right now ? And yet you gave me ice cream rather than a hot chocolate ? " " At least it does cools your heart down. "

" I'm not lying. I did help my mom with her designs and all. She's having a big fashion show in a month. That's why I've been missing. " He wasn't satisfied with her explanation and she knows that but she just have to show her poker face so that he won't ask for more. " Are you sure you're not hiding anything from me Sooyoung ? " He poked her cheek for couple of times just to make her annoyed and she did. " Stop doing that and yes, I'm telling the truth. " " It's not that I didn't trust you. But you seems like avoiding us, me, by saying that you're busy. " " Aigoo, there's no such thing pabo. I wonder if you are that bored that you keep wanting me to be with you all the time ? Isn't Sohyun around ? Shouldn't you spend more time with her than me ? " " Yah, can't I missed my own best friend ? " She let out a chuckle causing the guy to look at her annoyingly, " What's with that laugh ? " " I missed you too precious. "

Sungjae had been telling stories since then, while Joy, she just choose to be a listener while admiring his face. " It's still early to tell where does this relationship going but I'm glad that we're together now ... I mean .. " He let out a chuckle causing Joy to giggles as well because she knew it wasn't easy for him to open up about his feelings towards others and she was glad when he choose to trust her on this, even though his face is reddened due to embarrassment right now. " Go on, I'm listening. "

He took a moment to look at her face before continue, " This feeling, I like it. Whenever I see her face, I just felt calm, eventually I will put away all my worries and just focus on her. She makes me happy and I don't know what will happen if she's gone. I wonder how will I face it ... " " I wonder, why would you worried about the future ? " " Huh ? " " You love her right ? " He nodded, trying to figure out what she's going to say next. " Then love her when you still have the chance. You shouldn't have worry about things that hadn't happen, you should just cherish the moment. Love her Sungjae. You've given the chance. "

He was silent in awed when he heard that coming from Joy's mouth. She's right, he's no supposed to get worried about the future. If things wasn't working out for them, then he just have to remember the memories that they have together. Joy is right. He had given the chance to love her and it was more than enough.

" I'm amazed. All those love novels really gave a big impact on your brain. " " Are you mocking me ? " " It was a compliment Ms Park. " " It doesn't sounds like one to me. " " Tell me, were you in love by any chance ? " She gulped the big lump on her throat while nervously looking at him, " Why did you say that ? " " Were you ? "

His stares was intense and it somehow makes her worried but later, it confused her when she heard chuckles coming out from his mouth. " God, you should see your face just now. You look like a fish that lose it breath with that big eyes and mouth gaped open. Like this. " And he just have to brush it on her face when he did exactly what's her reaction just now.

But she wasn't laughing this time, instead just staring at his face which cause Sungjae to stop making fun of her. " What's wrong ? " She didn't answer him and just keep looking at him nervously. " The fish joke is not funny anymore I guess. " " I did. " " Huh ? What did you said ? " " You were right. I did fell for someone. I do love someone. "

Seems like things around them become frozen and quiet. This was the first time that Joy had made him to be in a serious shock and it was shown with the way his eyes looking wide at her. He was dumbfounded and confused. His mouth felt dry, trying to letting out words coming from it but seems like it's not going to happen.

Joy looked away in embarrassment when she realised  that there's no way Sungjae going to set his eyes off her face. " What's with your reaction ? " She asked, trying to not look back at him and instead just stare blankly at the building. " I'm just well ... surprised. " She nodded with a chuckle.

" Err, when ? I mean who ? Why I never realised this ? " " You're too busy falling in love yourself that you failed to see me facing the same thing. Can I say that I'm hurt ? " She try to loosen up the awkwardness a bit by making a joke and gladly he took it well. " Mian. I should have give my attention to you as well. Mianhae Sooyoung-ah. " " It's fine. I mean, it's all in past. " " What do you mean by that ? " He wasn't feeling right about this. Something tells him that things wasn't going as her plan.

" At first I thought it was just a crush but it wasn't. And I guess I took so much time to figure it out that I end up losing him for someone else. " Her voice are shaky. He knew that she try to control her emotions and it hurts him more when he realised that she's facing all these by her own without him by her sides. " Sooyoung-ah .. " " That's why I told you earlier, you should feel glad because at least you've given the chance to love the one that you adore. " " I don't know what to say. I should have be with you. But I'm not. " " Believe me, you couldn't help me either even if you're there with me. It's something that I must deal by myself. " " Still, I'm sorry. "

" Can I know who is he ? " She took a moment to look at his face, before hesitantly answer him. " He is .. he .. someone that we knew. " " Okay, I'm sure he got a name right ? " " Can we drop this ? I mean, I didn't want to talk about him anymore. It's all a past now. " " Arasso, I understand. I won't force you. " " Besides, I couldn't imagine if you know who is that person. " " Why ? " " Hehe, nothing. "

The truth is, she really want to be frank to him about her feelings and she almost did. But having Sohyun in her mind had somehow makes her back to realisation that probably he was never meant for her even if she try. It's her fault for not telling him at the first place and she has no right to bother their relationship.

And maybe, it was a right choice after all to leave him. She knew that her heart won't stop beating for him but it only get worsen if he's around. So maybe, keeping a distance probably the best way for her now. She just hope that she will eventually have the courage to tell him about it.