The Walk

He ran once he step off the bus to the place where he supposed to meet them. He was doomed and he don't have any excuses for it either. He was so focus on Sohyun that he forget his promise to them.

It was almost 11 at night when he reached the place and fortunately they were still there. Shocked can be seen in all faces and all that he can say on that moment is, " I'm so sorry. I'm late. " Eunkwang is the first person to walk towards him, " Hey, it's fine. At least you are here now. " " Sorry hyung and happy birthday. " He then looked at the rest where all of them just pulled off an assurance smiles, all except for that one particular person, Joy. He knew he screwed badly, having him breaking his promised of being there sure will make the girl to be in angry. " Sungjae, here. Eat this cake. " Irene called, while slicing the cake for him.

They were still having fun, singing and dancing but these two friends just sat next to each other without saying a word. One of them just quietly eating the cake while the other one making herself busy with her phone, checking the photo of them that she just posted on the Instagram. " Where's my picture ? " He just have to asks when he knew the exact reason of his missing picture which obviously made the girl to feel irritated. " Oh, let me think. Aren't you're the one who's being late just now ? And you dare to asks me ? " He can't held it and happens to let out a chuckle looking at how furious she is right now. Even with less lighting he still can see how flush he face can be, probably holding her anger. " Sooyoung-ah .. " She didn't budge and just looked away, making him to poke her face even more. " Sooyoung... " " Aahh, wae ?!! " Eventually she turned to looked at him, frowning as if warned him that she's dead annoyed right now. " You're so cute when you're mad. " He can't be serious can't he ? She thought.

A smile almost be form on her face and she try to held it badly, thinking that she shouldn't let this one off. But Sungjae knew her well and so he did his old trick by patting her hair which will easily make her smiles and she did. " Yahh! I don't want to smile. " " But I love seeing you smile. " She just pouted knowing that she always lose to this guy. " Mian, Sooyoung.. I won't do that again. Please don't be mad at me huh. " " Tsskk! Fine."

" Let's take a selca. " " What for ? " " If you noticed, there's still missing me in Eunkwang hyung birthday picture. " Joy took this moment to tease him as a punishment for him being late. " Ok. Look over here. And smile. " She adjust the angle of the camera, making it looks like it can fit both of them in that but it always ended up cutting out his face since she intentionally move it. It keeps on capturing her face only, making Sungjae to feel pissed at her. " Yah, you're doing it again. " " Doing what ? " " Stop cutting my face out of the camera. " " Haha ! I didn't do anything. Maybe my camera doesn't like you. " He squinted his eyes looking so annoyed with her replies. " Yah, what are you doing ? Let's take more selca. " She held her camera high, slightly in 45 degree angle. * Fine! I'll show you how it's done. * He thought of something. He wait for the moment, and when he notice that the timer is almost there, before even Joy can adjust the angle again, he quickly held it, closing the gap between his face and hers making it capturing both of their faces which kinda surprised her. " Assa !! Finally I got my picture in. "

Sungjae was so focus on the picture that he barely notice the girl beside him were in blush due to their little moment just now. * What just happen ? Our faces are so close with each other. I can feel his cheek on mine. * " Sooyoung-ah, look at this. You looks cute since my cheek pressed hard on yours making you looks like a fish. " She take a good look but no curse came out from the mouth when normally she will protest whenever he called her fish. " It's cute. " " Mwo ? I said fish. " " So what ? Fish is cute. " " What happen to my Sooyoung ? Who took her away ? Yah bring her back devil. " A smacks landed on his back, making the boy to laugh at her pouty face. " Stop teasing me. "

_________________

They head back home when the clock almost reach midnight. Sungjae decided to accompany Joy to her house after they took off from the bus not just to keep her safe but also as an apology for his lateness just now. They could have ask for Hyun's help to pick her up but instead they go with Joy's idea of taking a bus so that they can spend a little bit time more together. Sungjae was hesitant at first since it's pretty late at night but when she blurted, " It's been awhile since we spend our time like this together and who knows whether we still can do this or not later on .. " he immediately changed his minds. She might be right he thought. He probably couldn't spend most of his time with her after this since he got someone else as a priority now.

Reminds of that someone, he wasn't sure whether he should spill the news to Joy or not. He was sure that Joy will feel happy for him since she's the one who encourages him at first but why did he feels nervous all of sudden and moreover they haven't speak a word ever since they step out from the bus and just silently enjoying the view of the night. He try to think of a word to start the conversation but seems like his mind didn't work on that moment.

* Maybe I should start with .. Sooyoung-ah, Sohyun is officially my girlfriend ... no-no .. that's too straightforward ... I was late because... why does it sound so guilty to even tell her this ? * He was focusing with the thought in his minds when she suddenly reached out for his left hand, making his attention on her right now. His brow furrowed and smiling awkwardly while looking at her, who is right now having her eyes on the street. She took a glance at him when she feels that he wasn't looking away and let out a soft chuckle when she noticed his expression. " What's with your face ? " She asked as she rub his brows as if removing his furrows. " What's up with this ? " He asked back while holding up their intertwined hands to her eye level making her giggles even more. " I just feel like want to hold your hand. That's all. " " Weird. " But what's more weird is he just let her do what she wants.

" You know what. " " What ? " " I'm gonna miss us. " " Why is that ? " He nervously asked. * Is she happen to know about it ? * She take a few seconds to stare at his face before answer him, " Nothing. I must be too tired and keep saying weird things. Oh, we are here. " Slowly, she release her hand from his grip, " Thank you for sending me back home Sungjae. It's getting really late. You should go now. " " Errm, Sooyoung-ah ... there's something I want you to know. " He thought maybe there's no reason for him to hide it anyway. " What is it ? " " You see, the reason why I'm being late just now is because ... " " Why do you look so nervous ? Is something wrong ? " " I was with Sohyun. " " Yeah, I know that. You told me already. You're attending her competition. Oh, how she's doing ? Is she ... " " She likes me too. "

There was a paused before her silence being broken with Sungjae's voice calling up her name. " Yah, did you hear me ? " " I did. So you guys are official right now ? As in she is your girlfriend ? " He nodded shyly. She cleared her throat that out of sudden felt dry. " Omo, congrats Sungjae-ah. I'm.. happy for you. " She pulled him for a bear hug and released him even before he able to return her hug. " I'm glad you're happy Sooyoung-ah. " " Of course I am. I was worried that you can't find yourself a girlfriend and now you did. Thank God. " " Yah ! What was that supposed to mean ? Aren't you're the one who hard to let me go ? " " Tssk. I'm not. " She ruffle his hair, making it looks messy causing the lad to be in annoyance. " Aigoo, my nerd friend has grown up. " " I'm 18 not 8 Sooyoungie. " " I know but I feel like I've raised you. Seeing your changes has somehow makes me feel proud. " " You're acting like my mom. Seriously. " " I really gonna miss this. " " There you go again. I just find really hard to understand you sometimes. " " Don't bother to understand then. "