Getting Closer

Classroom

Sungjae was busy studying all by himself when he felt a tap on his shoulder, revealing Jo twins smiling at him. " Yah, Sungjae-ah. Why are you studying alone ? Where's that blonde friend of yours ? " He knew that they were here just to make fun of him but he hardly care. " I don't know. " He tried to ignore them but they keep on bugging him not until he pay his attention to them. " What do you want ? " " We'll we are curious. How on earth are you and Joy exactly can be together ? I mean, just look at you. Doesn't mean that you threw off your glasses can hide the fact that you're still a nerd. " " Yah, Kwangmin. I don't know that actually Joy got a thing for a nerd. Should I be one ? Who knows she might have her eyes on me next. " They laughed as if it's the funniest thing that they could come out with but actually it does makes Sungjae to feel offended.

Sungjae doesn't feel like studying anymore after being bugged by those twins so he just keep his books inside the bag before looked around the class. It's been almost an hour since Joy went out from the class and that just made him wander on where could she went to. He saw Yerin walking in with her friends so he decided to ask her. " Yerin, did you know where is Joy ? " " I'm not sure too. She just said that she's going out for a while. " " Oh, okay. Thanks Yerin. " After that the two left but Sungjae kinda heard what they say next, " Yerin, maybe she's skipping class again ? " " Lets not talk something that we don't know Eunbi. "

His feet brought him towards the hallway with his eyes wandering around trying to find that one person. He stood next to the senior's class and to his luck, he saw Irene talking with Minhyuk. He was about to call them when Irene realised his presence, " Eh, isn't that Sungjae ? " which made Minhyuk to turned to his back. He immediately walked towards Sungjae, " Sungjae-ah, why are you here ? " He asked while wrapping his arm around the taller's one. " Ani hyung, I just want to ask whether Joy is with Irene noona but seems like not. " " Waeyo Sungjae-ah ? " Irene butted in when she heard her name being mentioned. " Do you by any chance know where could Joy be right now noona ? "

School's Rooftop

" Ehemm ! " He cleared his throat making her to be in startled. " Eeishh ! Yah ! That shocked me. "

" Yah, I can't believe this. Is this really Yook Sungjae that is with me ? Hanging out at the rooftop while leaving his books behind. " Joy tease him, making him frown for a while before burst into laugh. " Stop making fun of me. " " I can't. You're just so adorable to messed with. " She ruffled his hair, trying to mess it up. " Yah, it look way better this way Sungjae-ah. Stop parting your hair like that. " He didn't listens to her and immediately fixed his messed hair back to how it should be making Joy to hissed in annoyance.

" So you were here all along ? " " Yup. I like being in here. " " Why ? What did you do here exactly? " " Nothing, just sit and well sometimes if the girls are around, we'll talk like there's no ends. Hehe " He just nodded, trying to just being his best to accompany her. " Hey, by the way, I saw how those girls staring at you. " " Who ? " " You know, Hana, Jimin and what's her other friend name ? Aahh molla .. Tssk ! Thanks to me, you got girls eyes on you now. " He just laughed it out still not use with the attention that he got ever since he decides to not using glasses anymore. " Don't laugh. I'm jealous you know. " " Wae ? " " I told you, you're my precious property and someone might take you from me. " " Am I going to be with you forever then ? " She was flustered at first but tried to maintain her calm face, " Of course, until I decide to let you go. By that time come, you should be free. " They both bursts into laughed few seconds after that since they find it funny and cringy. " But I'm serious. " Joy tried to be serious but Sungjae doesn't buy that. " Okay .. okay, as you wish. Haha "

It was evening and school's time almost over when Joy is awaken from her nap. Her eyes fluttered open and she took her time to just staring at the sky that had turned to a mixed of red and orange before she realised that she was not alone as the sound of snores surprised her. She look to her left and find that Sungjae is dozing off next to her. A soft chuckle left her mouth before she decides to wake him up from his slumber. " What have I done to you ? Seems like you are slowly becoming one like me. "

" Yah, you sure snores a lot huh. " He looked away, feeling embarrassed when she said that. " I didn't thought that I would fall asleep. Last thing that I know is we were talking about how you get your revenge on Hayoung but putting gum on her hair. " " Yeah, that's funny don't you think. That's why she cut her hair haha. " Sungjae just shook his head, still can't believe that she dare to do such things but somehow when he smiles when he looked at the way she laugh.

" Let's just ask Hyun to send you back home. " " Eh, no worries. I'll go back by my own. " " Ani, let's go. I'm insist. "

______________________

" Aahh, so this is your house. " Sungjae invited her to his house for a drink and she gladly accept it. " It's not that big but I hope it doesn't makes you feel uncomfortable. " " I'm fine. I'll make myself at home. " " Okay, I'll get your drink. Just wait for awhile. " " Where's the others ? " Joy is already walking around the hall as she uttered that. " They were probably at the shop by this time. " " What shop ? " Her eyes captured a frame that had his family's picture on it. " My dad own a ddeokbeokki's restaurant. Just a small one downtown. " He brought the juice for her and smiled when she show him the picture. " Aigoo, aegi. " She pointed at his picture which cause him to laugh at it. " I was ugly when I was a baby. Look how I'm drooling. " " Yeah, but now you snores like a bear. "

" Thanks Sungjae for inviting me in. " " Now that I think about it, I might feel regret showing you my house since I'm sure you'll be always showing up here. " " Yahh !! " Sungjae was already comfortable with Joy so that's why he able to make fun of her. " In your dream. I won't come. " " Haha! I'm just teasing you chingu. " " Sungjae-ah ? " Both of them were surprised to hear that voice.

" I shall be going now unnie. I'll see you again okay. " She bowed slightly before heading in the car. She lowered down the window of the car, " Sungjae-ah, I'll see you at school. Bye precious. " He bid a bye with an embarrassment since his sister is next to him all along and he sure that the tease will start in 3, .. 2 .. " Precious .. bye precious. " He just rolled his eyes before making his way inside. " Yah precious, why so fast ? " " You're so annoying. I can't believe I have a sister like you. " " I can't believe that you have such a hot girlfriend like Joy. " " She's not my ... " " Whatever. Haha "