Unexpected

She didn't realised how fast time flies. The year almost end and it makes her smiles upon reminiscing things that happening within this year. She never knew her life will change easily within a year. There's sadness and happiness but one thing that she really grateful which is meeting him.

Sungjae was her turning point. It can be said that everything that cause changes in her was all because of him. And it sads her that in within a month, she's going to leave him and even her friends. She knew that it was a selfish decision but it's for her own good and even him.

She hasn't tell anyone about this and it seriously kills her inside whenever she met any one of them. Thoughts of their tantrums were all over head but she knew soon or later she have to let them know, especially Sungjae, even if she have to face the biggest rage from him.

All of them were right now hanging out at her house since her parents wasn't around. Some of them were watching movies while Changsub and Eunkwang were busy stuffing themselves with foods. Things went perfectly fine at first but not until Sungjae suddenly walked out with a document on his hand, that he found on top of the table which cause Joy to froze on her spot.

" Mind to explain this Sooyoung ? " He wasn't mad, but his stare was intense which scared her. " Where .. where did you found that ? " " I don't think that's important. What important is the content. I think you owe me an explanation. "

Everyone in the room were baffled looking at both Sungjae and Joy. They didn't know what's inside the file and all they can see is how intense the atmosphere is, making them to look at each other in questions.

" Sungjae-ah, what are you holding anyway ? " Minhyuk who sense that there's no end towards the silent had eventually bring out his curiosity. " It states here, that it's coming from University of Arts, London. And it got her name on it. " He seems like controlling his voice but Joy knew she was in a big trouble now. She didn't expect he will find out this way. She was going to tell them anyway, but not like this.

" Actually, I'm applying at this university. " She found her voice at last, even though is shaky as hell but she knows there's no other way than speak up the truth. " And you're leaving after a month ?! " That stern voice had made her startled. She didn't know where to look at because all eyes were on her right now, waiting for her explanation.

As she's explaining, her eyes darted back and forth towards his figure who stood quite far from her. She knew that he's trying to hold his rage by keeping himself silent all the time but his eyes states everything and that hurts her inside. " So as you were saying, your mom are going to settle in London once they file a divorce ? " Irene, who's probably the calmest out of these girls, taking the lead to loosen the tension in the air.

" She told me, things wasn't going to work out between them. She asked me to stay with dad but I do feel that she need me the most at this moment. And for this past few months that I've been missing is because of this. There's a lot of thing that need to be settle before we head to London, you know, college and her boutique that she's going to run over there, things like that. " Looking at the way her friends nodding their heads she knew that they finally understand her situation which eventually makes her feel a little at ease.

" But why didn't you tell us about this earlier ? What if Sungjae oppa hasn't found your offer letter ? Will you still not telling us unnie ? " Yeri who seems a little annoyed, asking the taller girl for some clarification.

Joy who felt so guilty quickly went to her side and pulled her into a hug. " I'm sorry maknae-ah that you have to know this way. It wasn't my intention. I'm speaking the truth. " She pulled back, looking at her, then to the rest of them with teary eyes, " I'm planning to tell you guys but I just don't know how. And I didn't realised that I dragged this matter way too long. I'm so sorry. "

Changsub who felt sorry with Joy had swiftly pulled her for a quick hug. He then playfully ruffled her hair, " Don't worry. We're just shocked with the news thats why all of us have been bombarded you with questions. I just felt sorry that you've been through this all alone. It would be better if you let us know, don't you think so Joyiah ? " " You're right oppa. I'm sorry. I'm at wrong. "

" Aigoo, I need to find someone who I can annoy after you leave Joy. " Ilhoon's words has somehow makes all of them to laugh, causing Joy to give a little smack on his back for able to annoy her even now. " Am I like your toy or something ? Why did you always make me want to hit you oppa ? " She teasingly glare at him making him to laugh again. " I'm so gonna miss you Joy. " " We all do Joy. " And they ended up with a group hug starting from Seulgi who shouted, " Hug !!! " with her teary eyes, followed by girls before the boys decided to join them, leaving Sungjae who just walked away from the scene.

_______________

Joy noticed that Sungjae had been missing since the group hug and decided to look for him at the backyard while the rest of them just doing their own thing as they try to give these two best friends some time alone. They knew how much Sungjae cherish her and they could only understand his feelings right now upon knowing the news.

He was there, sitting on the bench, while staring blankly at the ground. Out of many times, this is the first time that she felt so hard to approach him. Her steps felt so heavy as she's making her way towards him. She could only remembered his cold expression and nothing else which somehow made her feel at worries. Will he hate her from now on ? Those thoughts had been playing in her minds ever since he found her secret.

Hesitantly, she took a seat next to him, causing him who were into the trance turning to look at her but it wasn't long until he shifted back his gaze to the ground. " Sungjae-ah ... " She called but he didn't bother to answer or even take a glance at her. " Yah, are you really going to act this way ? " " Tell me how should I react to this then ? " His voice is still sound stern in her ears making her to be in the verge of tears. " I'm going to leave in a month. Can't you at least look at me ? " She found her voice trembled upon letting out those words from her mouth but what irritates her the most is him, who didn't bother to even look at her.

" Please look at me Sungjae. " Her trembling hand had reach out for his hand and gladly he just let her held it. " Do you think I'm not bothered by this ? I'm ... " " Then why did you ? Why do you have to leave ? Why do you have to leave me ? " Finally he look at her, not with his stern gaze but with teary eyes which makes her heart dropped. " I have to. Even if I don't want it but I have to. Mom needs me there Sungjae even she never tell. " " Then what about me ? Don't you think I need you too ? "

She took a moment, memorising his feature that she gonna miss before she pulled him for an embrace. " I'm sorry Sungjae-ah, I really am. "

______________

" Don't you want to say something ? Anything? " " I'm still in shocked if you didn't realise. " " It's not like I'm going there forever you know. " " When will you come back ? " " I'm not sure. " " Aah, this is frustrating. " He heaved a big sighed before turn to have a look on her face that seems swollen because of the cries. " Sooyoung-ah ... you look even more like a fish with that swollen face. " Joy couldn't help but to burst into laugh when she heard that. She gave a little smack on his arm, making him to chuckle at her pouty face. " Yah, when will you stop making fun of me ? Even at times like this ? " " Probably that would be the last time I'm calling you fish. " That made her to be in silent for a while before she forcefully pulled off a smile. " I'm gonna miss you precious. " " Me too, I'll miss you fish. "

============

Author's Note : Another update for my readers 😁
For those who are able to guess about Joy leaving, a big 👏🏼 for you ! I'll post the next chapter tomorrow. Please wait for it. Tq ! 😘

Xoxo, Peach 🍑