Lost In The Eyes

" Have the meat ready ? We're super hungry here. " He scrunch his nose out of annoyance, hearing how the girls are being bossy. " Girls, they only know how to talk. Can't they see that we're trying hard over here ? " " Why are you complaining like a girl Changsub ? Just grill the meat. " " You're just backing up her since it's your girl Minhyuk hyung. " " I'll call up Irene if you didn't stop complaining. " That eventually makes him stop talking and just grilling the meat.

Right now, all of them were having a barbecue party at Irene's house as a farewell for Joy. For these past few weeks, they had spends most of their time with Joy since she's had been counting the days which she really grateful. And she felt even more touched when they decides to have a little farewell party for her.

Looking at each and one of them had only makes all the memories came back in minds. Everything felt like yesterday when she reminisce their first meets, how spoiled all of them back then and how much trouble they cause to people around them but they did change for better, thanks to Sungjae who seems playing a big influence to them.

Speaking of Sungjae, he was there too with all of them, but she didn't know why does it felt so awkward with him tonight. She's not sure whether it's because of Sohyun who were also there or maybe because there's only few days left for her departure and she didn't know how to converse with him.

But little did she know even Sungjae felt the same and he's been avoiding her since then, and fortunately it wasn't so obvious. For him, he just afraid that their conversation will leads to a goodbye and it annoys him to even think about her leaving and that's why he's been clinging to Sohyun all the time, trying to let the fact of Joy's leaving out of his mind even just for awhile.

They've taken the party quite far with some of them were already passed out because of the alcohol and some were still trying their best to keep themselves sober. It's been awhile since they start to drink again and as how Minhyuk told them today was an exceptional since it is a farewell party when the truth is he just wanna get drunk tonight. Joy who felt that none of them are going to entertain her anymore since most of them are drunk, decide to take a stroll outside.

She took a seat by the pool side with her feet dangling as it dipping in the water, splashing the water with her feet until at one time it hit on her face, making her giggles by herself. She was about to wipe her face when she realised the bracelet that has been around there ever since she got it.

It was a soft pink pearls bracelet with a small gold coloured flowery charm that acts as a hook for it. Her smiles becomes wider as she realised how she adored this thing that she never fail to put it on, especially whenever he is around. Yes, he's the one who gave it to her as a belated birthday gift that makes it so special in her eyes. Because he is Sungjae, the person that she love.

She didn't realised for how long had she stared at the bracelet not until a single tears felt on her cheek. * Why am I crying out of sudden ? * She knew why but she just have to deny her feelings for the moment, for her to be strong. She wipe off the tears before unhook the bracelet for her to have a better look on it. But things just have to go possibly wrong when the bracelet suddenly slipped from her grasp and it only get worsen when it fell right in the water which made her gasped in surprised.

She stood there for short moment, thinking of her action next. " How am I suppose to get it now ? " Her chest rose up and down for even thought of getting in the water. " What if I couldn't make it ? "

She took all of her courage to put aside her worries, before nervously and slowly bring herself into the water. She makes sure that her hand never leave the pool side, so that she have something to cling on and keep her face above water, while carefully look for the bracelet. It's good that water felt warm tonight, makes it easier for her searching. After a few moment she found the thing but unfortunately it was almost at towards centre of the pool. She cursed under her breath, " Great. Could it be any more dramatic than this ? "

She took a couple deep breath. She was determined to get it since it is something that she treasured the most. Her last deep breath were exhaled, and once she holding up her breath, she slowly dip herself fully underwater, before carefully open up her eyes for her to look for the bracelet but somehow it went wrong when she felt herself getting nervous out of sudden.

She start to panicking upon seeing herself surrounded by water, making her flail her arms about, trying to break the surface but her body doesn't feel like going up, instead it's sinking deeper. Her body felt heavier because of having to move in water and she was also surrounded by a heavy wet cloth that cause her limbs to feel tired. She was about to give up because of depression knowing that no one might come to save her but fortunately she was wrong. She felt her hand being held and her body being lift to the surface by someone which really makes her feel relief.

" Yahh ! Are you alright ? " She heard the voice but didn't bother to answer his call and just put her arms wrapped around his shoulder, burying her face on the crooked of his neck, too afraid to look back at the water. " Sooyoung-ah ... its fine now. " She felt his chest movements, it was as almost same as hers with their heart beating crazily. " Sooyoung-ah, jebal. " His voice become shaky and she noticed that.

She took a deep breath, before pulled herself back a little bit, just for her to have a look on his face. " It's fine. I'm here. " She felt herself crying, and she also felt how his thumb gently wipe off the tears on her face, while his other hand securely holding her body so it won't fall apart from his. " Sungjae-ah ... " And once again she let herself fall again into his embrace. Gently, he caress her hair, trying to sooth her fears. " I'm scared. " " Sshh .. don't be. I'm here now. "

It took her a moment before she really felt calm. " Are you alright now Sooyoung ? " He asked when he noticed her sobbing had become less. She pulled off from the embrace, leaving about few centimetres gaped between their face. She nodded upon to his question earlier. He heaved a big sighed of relief, " I'm so glad you're okay. Did you know how worried I am ? What are you even doing here ? "

Half of their body were still underwater while arms wrapped around each other and they just failed to noticed this. " I was just trying to get the bracelet. It fell in the water and ... " " But you're an aqua phobic . How can you possibly think of going in there ? " " But it was the bracelet that you gave and I can't think straight by that time. All I know is I must get that thing back. " He heaved another sigh upon seeing her pouty face, with her eyes looking at him as if she just being scolded by her mom.

" I can always get you another one of that. Your safety are more important than that. " " But ... " " Sshh, the most important thing is that you're save. I don't know what will I do if I can't save you just now. " He makes himself closer, until their forehead touched with each other. " I might put the blame on me for the rest of my life if something bad happen to you. "

She could feel her heart dropped upon hearing that. She can feel the sincerity in his words which makes her to be a little emotional. " Sungjae-ah ... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for made you worried." He caress her face softly, trying to sooth her cries before pulled away.

He didn't say a word after that and just let her hand touch his face while keeping his eyes on her face as he slowly lost in her eyes. He realised how the gap between them become lesser which surprisingly he didn't stop her. Her hot breath can be felt as she's getting closer and in just a blink, he can then feel her soft lips touching his, making him to freeze for a moment. His eyes lids getting heavier as the sensation hit him and out of realisation, he's returning the kiss.

__________________

Author's Note : Sungjoy kissed 🙈 ! Probably you guys are happy about it haha. If you noticed, I try to bring in moments of Sungjoy in WGM in my story but of course there are some adjustments here and there and this famous scene is actually one of it. Thx for readings it guys, and do drop your comments here if you don't mind. Till the next update from me, Peach.

Xoxo, Peach 🍑