late nights

I couldn't fall asleep, again. It was 2:30 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. Thank god it was Friday,"

I crawled out of my bed, moving down the fire escape to Peter's window.

I knocked softly on the window, Peter opening it.

"Can't sleep?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Come on," he held his hand out to help me in.

I shut the window behind me.

I shivered at the drastic difference in temperatures from my room, outside and Peter's room.

He tossed me his sweatshirt and I pulled it on over my tank top.

"Thanks," I smiled.

He nodded.

"We can't go into the living room because May is sleeping, but we can make us hot chocolate and we can talk in here,"

"Okay," I smiled.

The two of us went into the kitchen and quietly made the hot chocolate.

We topped it with whipped cream, the mugs basically overflowing and we both went back into his room.

He sat into his chair and I sat on his bed, sipping our hot chocolate.

When we were done, we were kinda just talking.

"I can't believe she would do that," I laughed. Peter chuckled and nodded.

"I know!" He said.

"Where do you think we'll be in 10 years?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you think we're still going to be friends?"

I laughed.

"Peter, you've been my best friend since 3rd grade. We're always going to be friends,"

"Yeah, but Y/N, you want to go to California for college. I need to stay here, in New York. For the Avengers-"

"Peter," I said, looking at him.

"We won't ever stop being friends, even if I'm in California and your in Berlin fighting Captain America. Your my best friend, and nothing's going to change that,"

It was silent for a couple of minutes.

"Peter?"

"Mmhm?"

"Are you ever scared?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you ever scared? Like when your fighting villains or anything? Are you scared your going to get hurt or die?"

He thought about it for a second, before coming over and leaning against the post that connected his bunk beds together, facing me.

"Honestly? Not really, Y/N. I'm not scared of getting hurt because I know I can come to you or Mr. Stark of I get hurt. I'm not scared of dying because I know I can do it. But I am scared for my friends, Y/N. I'm scared for the girl that I'm in love with because I know that if someone finds out I love her she could be in danger," he said.

My heart broke. The girl he liked.

"Who do you like?" I asked.

He face was flushed red.

"U-uh, no one," he scratched the back of his neck.

I sat up and moved closer to him, elbowing him in the side.

"Who? You can tell me, Parker!"

I felt a pair of lips on my own. I kissed back, surprised at his actions.

"You," he whispered as we pulled away.

"I'm in love with you,"

I smiled.

"Well it's a damn good thing I'm in love with you too,"

He chuckled.

"Now, come on, you need some sleep," he said.

I nodded and we both laid down, snuggling underneath the covers.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I almost immediately fell asleep.

Finally. Falling asleep.